Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how many of you see the average behavior of the type in your line of disintegration as particularly annoying IRL.

As a Four. I always had a REALLY bad perception of 2s in general. I've always found the description of this type portraying them as fake-assed, saccharine, inauthentic, overly concerned with pleasing others and unable to think for themselves. I am aware many 2s aren't like this in practice (and I do know some 2s who are admirable people), but the typical 2 description just feels repulsive to me and very distant from everything I am about.

I know a Six who said more or less the same thing about the Type Three description they read. That Threes are everything they hate (they see 3s as unreliable) and try to stay away from.

How do you feel about the behavior/typical description of the type in your line of desintegration?

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,369 Posts
I wonder how many of you see the average behavior of the type in your line of disintegration as particularly annoying IRL.

As a Four. I always had a REALLY bad perception of 2s in general. I've always found the description of this type portraying them as fake-assed, saccharine, inauthentic, overly concerned with pleasing others and unable to think for themselves. I am aware many 2s aren't like this in practice (and I do know some 2s who are admirable people), but the typical 2 description just feels repulsive to me and very distant from everything I am about.

I know a Six who said more or less the same thing about the Type Three description they read. That Threes are everything they hate (they see 3s as unreliable) and try to stay away from.

How do you feel about the behavior/typical description of the type in your line of desintegration?
That's not really a 2.

I've read descriptions of 3s that makes them all out to be sleazy used car salesmen/con artists. That's no good either.

My line of disintegration is 7, I've read descriptions of them being manic attention seekers/adrenaline junkies who get bored easily.

Reactions: Aiwass

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not really a 2.

I've read descriptions of 3s that makes them all out to be sleazy used car salesmen/con artists. That's no good either.

My line of disintegration is 7, I've read descriptions of them being manic attention seekers/adrenaline junkies who get bored easily.
But this is what I'm talking about. I recognized that what I described was just a gross stereotype and not an individual 2, but it is the stereotype that annoys me the most.

What stereotyped characterization annoys you the most?

·
Registered
220 Posts

I get what you are saying and I am curious to see whether this is an individual perspective or if there is a broader pattern at play.

Personally, my sentiments are along the same line as yours. However, my feeling isn't limited to type descriptions but rather is based on my real-life, close-contact experience with E2.

I relate to the E4 characterization of envy as playing out through false lack, whereas E2 plays out pride through false abundance. I think this aspect is what grates me. I remember once reading that E2 was intended to be nicknamed the "Helper," with quotation marks necessary for connotation.

Through a self-imposed, foreign honoring of time (plus a genuine fondness), I continue to maintain this relationship with the E2 in my life. However, I need long breaks between communication and I know that this is the least likely type for romantic compatibility with me.

·
Registered
INFJ
40 Posts
I do not know my Enneagram type yet, but.. Here is my thoughts, hope I do not offend anyone...
Anyway, I do not got any issues with a E2. Love is some of the most important thing we can have. Love, is genuinely, the entire purpose in life for a lot of people. I'm a man, an INFJ, and can't imagine why any INFJ could not mean this, If I am to speak honestly...

I know I question, "authenticity" more. Expressions and being true.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,369 Posts
But this is what I'm talking about. I recognized that what I described was just a gross stereotype and not an individual 2, but it is the stereotype that annoys me the most.

What stereotyped characterization annoys you the most?
I know. I was agreeing with you.

Well, any type stereotypes annoys me. Let's see:

1 - Judgy people with OCD.
2 - Clingy people who are desperate for love.
3 - Sleazy used-car salesmen/con-artists.
4 - Moody, depressive, goth/emos.
5 - Reclusive brainy types hiding away in caves reading books.
6 - Skittish, indecisive people who constantly test other peoples' loyalties.
7 - Crazy adrenaline junkies who abhor boredom.
8 - Mean angry rebellious bullies who step on others for sport.
9 - Wishy-washy chameleons who are terrified of conflict.

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not know my Enneagram type yet, but.. Here is my thoughts, hope I do not offend anyone...
Anyway, I do not got any issues with a E2. Love is some of the most important thing we can have. Love, is genuinely, the entire purpose in life for a lot of people. I'm a man, an INFJ, and can't imagine why any INFJ could not mean this, If I am to speak honestly...

I know I question, "authenticity" more. Expressions and being true.
E2 is not about "love". This is a simplification of this type. Stating "E2 is love" is the same as saying E3 is success and E5 is intelligence. Any type is capable of valuing and experiencing love.

As it has been said above, typical E2 behavior is playing out pride through false abundance and trying to distribute "love" to others with many strings attached, hoping to get something (likely attention) back through the affection they distribute.

I can't understand how an INFJ would relate to E2 because - first of all - E2s are extroverts. I know this is a controversial issue here, but I can't see an E2 as any introverted type, not even as IxFJs. Like E7s, E2s are among the most severely extroverted types of the Enneagram.

I can see INFJs (and INxx types in general) relating to withdrawn types way more than others - and by withdrawn types I mean E4, E5 and E9. If they are not withdrawn types, maybe some INxx's can relate to ambiverted types such as E6 and E1 (this would be reasonable), but seeing a self-typed INxx claiming to be E2, E7 or E8 makes no sense to me.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well I am a 6, and 3 generally does repulse me more than other types. The fake facades they're generally known to put on, and their general desire to not see people's intrinsic worth if they aren't stereotypes of "success" or "attractiveness", or sometimes even disdain or jealousy for people that manage to be happy while still being authentic. Of course I'm an ISFP too, so that probably makes my perception of type 3 even worse. But of course these are stereotypes.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My school days bully was a 3w4. He couldn't handle the fact that I could see through him as the 6 that I am, so he had to try to make me feel worthless. He left me alone pretty much after I finally got physical with him after enduring three schoolyears of his shit.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As a 4, I'm not sure, but if I had to choose a different type to be I would certainly NOT choose 2.
3s are the type that I generally dislike the most, unless they are very healthy.

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a 4, I'm not sure, but if I had to choose a different type to be I would certainly NOT choose 2.
3s are the type that I generally dislike the most, unless they are very healthy.
This is funny - I don't think 3s are more annoying than 2s, but I agree the idea of 3 is unlikeable as hell.
Even though I'm in the image triad and I'm pretty sure I'm 3-winged, I can't bring myself to like the description of the other image types (2 and 3). Rather, I find them more easily identifiable on the environment than other types, as well as more annoying and "louder" in many ways with all their focus on personal worth.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is funny - I don't think 3s are more annoying than 2s, but I agree the idea of 3 is unlikeable as hell.
Even though I'm in the image triad and I'm pretty sure I'm 3-winged, I can't bring myself to like the description of the other image types (2 and 3). Rather, I find them more easily identifiable on the environment than other types, as well as more annoying and "louder" in many ways with all their focus on personal worth.
Hm, it's not really that I dislike the description of type 3s, it's just that when I was a child (and still now to a lesser extent), I always really disliked the people in my class who happened to be 3s, for no real reason beyond that they seemed "fake" and way too image-oriented. I mean, everyone wants to be cool, but the 3s would positively change themselves for it, and I found that deplorable.
Of course, those were the middle-school high-school aged 3s, so I'm sure when they got older they got more mature and healthy.

As for the other types, any unhealthy type is annoying, but unhealthy 3s are the only ones I have a strong personal, negative reaction to for whatever reason.

Like, my grandma is an unhealthy 2 and it's frustrating as hell, but I've never disliked the unhealthy 2 traits she has as much I dislike the trait of changing yourself to have a good image, that happens to belong to 3s.
Idk why I have such a strong reaction to that, I would think it's a 4 thing (the hating if ur not true to urself) but then 4w3s exist, and not all 4s seem to hold the same opinion..

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
This is speculation, but I wonder if this has something to do with projection. Your disintegration point type represents you at your worst, maybe it's a part of yourself that you'd rather not face, so you repress it. When you see someone else exhibiting those patterns, it draws your attention to what you're repressing, and you react negatively.

I've long recognized the 1 in myself, and I find a lot of positive aspects of the 1 type in others. There's a certain (stereotypical) anal-retentiveness or uptightness about most 1s though, and I find myself slipping into that sometimes too. But I tend to be pretty stressed when that happens, whereas it's a healthy state for a 1. So that's a big difference.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,826 Posts
I feel that way about my integration point but not disintegration so I doubt it's a consistent pattern that people a repelled by their disintegration point.

Main things imo; integration/disintegration is not about becoming that type, your type remains 4 at all times, while you can observe traits that are often associated with the other two points your fears and motivations do not change.

Separate perception from reality and observe the point as what it means specific to you and your choices. Regardless of if your perceptions of 2 is wrong, if the behaviour isn't true for you it's irrelevant. Figure out what is relevant and why.

Ignore stereotypes and unhealthy examples of the type, we're generally talking about observation of average levels.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hm, it's not really that I dislike the description of type 3s, it's just that when I was a child (and still now to a lesser extent), I always really disliked the people in my class who happened to be 3s, for no real reason beyond that they seemed "fake" and way too image-oriented. I mean, everyone wants to be cool, but the 3s would positively change themselves for it, and I found that deplorable.
Of course, those were the middle-school high-school aged 3s, so I'm sure when they got older they got more mature and healthy.

As for the other types, any unhealthy type is annoying, but unhealthy 3s are the only ones I have a strong personal, negative reaction to for whatever reason.

Like, my grandma is an unhealthy 2 and it's frustrating as hell, but I've never disliked the unhealthy 2 traits she has as much I dislike the trait of changing yourself to have a good image, that happens to belong to 3s.
Idk why I have such a strong reaction to that, I would think it's a 4 thing (the hating if ur not true to urself) but then 4w3s exist, and not all 4s seem to hold the same opinion..
Exactly. What you said.

Reactions: sweetrice

·
Registered
715 Posts
I will also say that for my least favorite types 2's are a close 2nd to 3's, and 1's are a slightly more distant 3rd. My favorites are 4's, 5's, 6's, and 9's in no particular order.

Reactions: sweetrice

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
No, type 7 seems like one of the least annoying, especially in disintegration. Better to destroy oneself in a blaze of hedonism than to become a violent sociopath or hate oneself intensely.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Irl, the 2-ness come across as plain neurosis to me sometimes (because of me projecting my own disintegration, I suppose). However, I get on well with them. Way way better than 3s.

Introverted 2s DO exist (at least for INFJs and INFPs) but they're not the most common.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Irl, the 2-ness come across as plain neurosis to me sometimes (because of me projecting my own disintegration, I suppose). However, I get on well with them. Way way better than 3s.

Introverted 2s DO exist (at least for INFJs and INFPs) but they're not the most common.
I can attest to introverted 2's. I've met some, including my grandma.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts