Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm 15 and suffer from social anxiety, but that's about it. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I have a lot of different sides to me, which makes it hard to describe myself without writing an entire essay. Are you sure you're ready for this? Well, I'd say that I'm bubbly, fun-loving, easy going and friendly. But on the other hand, I have a very sarcastic and careless side to me that comes out sometimes. Though, I tend to lead with the happier and more loving side of my personality. I'm funny (not to toot my own horn), love to joke and nothing matters to me more than my friends and family do. Is that good enough?

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I'd like to care less about what people think of me. I have a tendency to be very quiet and keep to myself because I'm so afraid of people judging me, etc. I just want to be free from that and be able to express myself freely, because I have a very strong sense of identity and it matters a lot to me. So, I'd like to be more carefree in certain aspects of my life. I would NOT want to be rigid, serious and detail oriented. Sorry SJs, I love you but wouldn't wanna be you. XD

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

People that I go to school with would call me quiet, shy, gentle, etc...which I am, sure. But I have social anxiety, again, so no, that's not really my personality, that's just my mental illness. I'm definitely a sensitive and apprehensive person, but when people get to know me, that's not me. My best friend is an INTJ and I think my personality really shines when we're together. She's serious, very introverted, very hard working, diligent, whereas I'm always coming up with wacky ideas, laughing about things, smiling, cracking jokes, acting silly, etc.

One of my best friends (an ESFP is that matters any) once told me that it makes her really sad that no one at school really knows me as anything but "shy", because I'm so much more than that. It really made my heart melt.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Happiness, a peaceful state of mind, to be content, friends, family, love, warmth, empathy, a sense of belonging...that's about it. To be free of worry or negative emotions, even though that's probably impossible.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I love new situations. I approach them with caution but they excite and refresh me. There's nothing worse than routine.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'd like to think I deal with stress pretty well...only, I literally can't stop thinking about whatever it is I'm worried about. I usually tell 4 or 5 of my close friends and feel better about it.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I act happy! I'm bubbly, I smile a lot, laugh a lot, talk a lot...it doesn't take a lot to make me enjoy myself. Even something as simple as going for coffee with a friend can make me giddy.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

Socialization makes me want to pee my pants. But even then, I enjoy it, and I come out feeling fresh and energized and much better than before. One on one interaction is great, but I find talking in a group (of people I'm comfortable with) is more stimulating and more fun.
I need socialization to survive. I was curious so I asked my INTJ friend how long she'd be okay or comfortable without ANY socialization (including texting, internet). She said a week, my INFP friend said 3 days. I was appalled to both answers. I don't mind being alone, but only if I'm texting a few friends, or even better, talking on the phone. I get lonely after an hour without socialization (not face to face), but an entire weekend without face to face socialization makes me miserable and I tend to be excited for Monday.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Society...now that's a tough question lol. Society isn't just one big thing, it's many things and I've never liked to group many, complex things and people into one big generalization. It just seems so shallow for me. But I guess, I love society because I love people, even if as a whole we do a lot of bad things. I believe that people are generally good and trustworthy from the start, but some people take the wrong path. Even then, I think redemption is always possible, and because of that I don't believe in the death penalty or anything like that.

Social norms? Okay. I adhere to many of them, and they're fine as long as they don't hurt anyone. My motto is live and let live, anyway.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Hmm...this is a tough one, because again, authority isn't good or bad. I don't like to be controlled, and I resent a lot of "authority" when they use their authority for the wrong things. I also believe that no one should be respected simply for being of a higher power or being an authority figure, but that respect must be earned, and if it isn't then I'm not going to respect you. Does that answer the question?

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I don't like this question.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I'm afraid of being disliked, shunned, reprimanded and deprived. I need people, friends and a steady support network to survive. I need to be happy, to have a sense of stability and fun. I'm afraid of losing people close to me, that's about it.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I guess I'm simple in this way! I don't want to be a millionaire or to have a big house or a shiny car, all I really want is to be content and happy. I'm repeating myself now, aren't I? I fantasize about having a big, close network of friends, to be free of worry of obligation...I want a job where I can work with people, maybe help people, or something like that. I don't do much to achieve it, I just kind of go with the flow of life and hope for the best. That's the way I've always gone about things.

When asked what I want to do with my life by my family I always tell them I want to do something laid back and fun, and they laugh at me. My mom even tells me I should take up engineering for the money, but the thought honestly disgusts me. Why would I want to spend everyday doing something I hate just for the money? I don't care about the money!

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

(a) Being around people energizes me. Interacting with people, whether it be at school, a stranger on the street or just talking to my friend on the phone (which I can do literally ALL DAY, much to my introverted friends dismay). I like to be alone, but not for the reason introverts do. I don't feel a need to recharge, but it's more like...free time. I love to be free to do what I want, and that's usually sitting holed up in my bedroom, browsing the internet and catching up with my many online friends.
(b) Boring stuff. Doing nothing, being dragged on a 5 hour long shopping trip, CHORES, studying on my own (in a group or with a friend, it's fine), long science lectures...

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

The first time I did the test I got ENTP. I think I was being really spotty and not answering correctly. After that I began to get ENFP consistently, with a few results coming up as INFP, especially with the similarminds tests. BUT, that's only because if I answer questions like "do you usually initiate conversation?" truthfully, the answer comes out as introverted, but that's just not the case...I want to be loud, outgoing, talkative and start conversation with everyone, but my social anxiety makes it too hard for me to even ask my friends to hang out on the weekend in case they don't want to. If I was free of social anxiety then I'm sure I'd text as ENFP all the time lol.

But when I do functions tests, I get ENFJ or ENTP/ENFP. My ne and fe are almost always tied. Fi is a close second, then ni...you know what, I'll just do another test. Hang on.

Ne - 93%
Ni - 66%
Fe - 87%
Fi - 87%
Si - 24%
Se - 25%
Ti - 41%
Te - 40%

I've come out as enneagram 9, 7, 3 and 4.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Well, I'm definitely a ne user. Always spouting random, off handed what ifs. The other day I said out of nowhere to one of my friends: "Why are there so many kinds of toothpaste, why is an entire aisle of just toothpaste justifiable" and I think that about sums me up lol. My mind is always working and making connections, but they aren't always linked to the external world...but sometimes they are? I also never finish anything I start, always losing things, etc. Highly distractable.

I care a lot about my individual identity and it hurts me to compromise it, but I have a lot of empathy and I'm good at seeing where people are coming from, though I don't always care. But I usually do. I'm highly sensitive, which is a fi thing I think, but I'm also realllllly good at reading and understanding people..which is apparently fe?

Help me out here! D:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hi!
I'd say you're a quite clear ENFP. That Ne seems very dominant.
I do believe that it is possible to have a developed Fe anyways, as you're describing it (my Fe seems pretty developed as well, how my parents raised me and some other personality theories made sure of that.)

Sorry SJs, I love you but wouldn't wanna be you. XD
You do?? Yay!! :D Most xNFPs seems to dislike us... :(

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
You're so sweet :) I don't really know what to say analysis wise, but you just seem to have a very adorable and kind personality. I can see you as ENFP as Pinina suggested, but I don't know for sure (I'm terrible at typing). I really doubt you would be INFP though, since your Ne does seem dominant and you don't seem particularly introverted save the anxiety related things. (I can relate because I'm an extrovert with GAD... It does make me come across very much as an introvert, but on the inside and if you look at what I care about and such I'm definitely still an extrovert because my dominant function is an extroverted one.)

But just looking at your answers they all ring Ne/Fi. My only thing is I ask that same exact question sometimes as an Ni user about the toothpaste, but for me it's more like "what does it say about humanity that we have an entire aisle for toothpaste" as opposed to "is this necessary?" I do ask silly questions, but more to lighten the mood than anything (and I think even an ENFJ can excess light Ne, just as an ENFP like you probably are can access Fe.)

I hope this helped some, but also that someone with a lot of knowledge can come and give you an accurate reading. Best of luck finding your type!

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Thank you both, I feel a lot more confident in knowing my type now. ^^ Isn't it odd to have such developed fe if it isn't even a function I use though? :/
That is something to think about. I would argue that you aren't really using Fe, but Fi and your lower Si which appears as Fe... But we'll see what input someone else can give. Sometimes those who believe themselves ENFP are actually ESFJ (believe it or not), so we'll have to see if someone comes along and thinks that's appropriate or not for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts