Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your emotional needs in a relationship? Harmony is so important for our emotional well-being, how do you feel this in a relationship?

Is it necessary for you to experience your partner putting effort into balancing the relationship and accommodate your non-conflict laden relationship need? Or do you feel your needs are too high and unrealistic for them to be met by a significant other?

My emotional needs in a relationship are: show me you respect me by keeping your promises to me, don't make repeated excuses for your breaking these promises as that irritates me more.

Put in time and effort in knowing my individual quirks and accept them as that. But don't assume anything about me!!! Always, always ask me what I'm thinking, feeling, needing or wanting before you "tell" me what I am thinking, feeling, needing, or wanting.

Communicate. By conversation, post-its left for us, texts, phone calls, it shows me you care for and value me when you give your precious words to me.

Ask me how I am. But only with sincerity.

Sooo, I am willing to give some room for not having all of these met, but it must be compensated for in another area of emotional needs. If I make the majority of the effort in a relationship, I will stick around long enough to voice my needs/concerns and see genuine change but if it doesn't happen. I pull away from the relationship.

How do you fellow ENFP's go about this???

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the exact same needs.

My last relationship was destroyed with a lack of my emotional needs being met - and I was dating a particularly immature and cowardly INFJ at the time.

I need a solid foundation of trust - if I cannot believe in a positive extrapolation of whatever potential immediate future will be, I simply refuse to believe and will forever be in a game of tug-o-war, literally fighting for that platform on which to stand.

Just as well, I need my way of life and my social needs to be respected and met, too. Just because we/I are/am ENFP, doesn't necessarily dictate that we are incapable of needing alone time and room to explore. In fact, those qualities are quite intrinsic to me.

If a partner is able to firmly and solidly sedate my fears of potential abandonment and offer me more than flimsy words, I have an extremely easy time of being with them.

Though, I always chalked that up to being an ENFP type 6 (of the counter phobic variety, to boot)

·
Banned
560 Posts
You meet my emotional needs in a relationship by caring about me as much as I care about you. If it's reciprocated, it is worth it.

Reactions: Lilyanith

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
What I see, most of all, is authentic passion - energy for energy. And a fundamental devotion to the connection itself, as a kind of entity on its own, with its own needs and honor. Without that ... the relationship, whether I will it or not, is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts