Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I took the test a while back, I was typed as a 6w5 . Lately, I've taken it several times and each time I've been seen 2, 6, and 8 which have rotated as my core/secondary/tertiary types, although 2 has popped up the most. I'm pretty sure I'm a 2, but any insight would be great :) And yes, this IS a repost. Didn't get much help with the last one.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I'm motivated by people. Yes, I am sometimes self-motivated, but usually I do something for or because of others. I want to make people happy.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Specifically? I want to go into nursing. I don't care about making a small fortune, I just want to love what I'm doing and help people while I'm doing it.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to be that person that complains to everyone about everything about her petty little problems that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't want to be needy, or rather, I don't want to annoy people. I really value honesty and love. I adore my few close friends, and I trust each of them with my life.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear not being needed. I have this constant desire to be useful. When I'm sitting around with my robotics team, I'm often asking if anyone needs help with anything, even when there's barely anything to do. I just hate feeling like I'm not contributing, like I'm just being a dead weight.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as a loving, kind person who was always there for them whenever they needed it. Whether at 2pm or 2am, I'm available for help, advice, or just someone to talk to.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel at my best when I've made someone happy. When I've made a difference in someone else's life. I regularly write little notes/cards to friends (at random) with funny little sayings, just because. I compliment people I've never talked to before. I strike up conversations with people who are visibly upset and just sitting all alone. I love making people feel better. Their happiness brings ME joy :) I also feel at my best when someone goes out of their way to make ME feel happy. It rarely happens, so when it does, it feels wonderful :)

I feel at my worst when I feel like I don't matter. I hate to say it, but I sometimes NEED to look for confirmation that things are "ok" between myself and certain people that matter to me. I hate feeling, not unwanted, but not cared about. Just being there. I don't NEED to be remembered, but I'd love if if people DID remember me. I want to be important to someone, and the biggest blow to my morale would be someone telling me I'm just a dead weight and that my contributions to the group are meaningless and that nobody cares about me. I don't want to be useless or unloved.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger) I rarely ever yell. I usually try at least once to work things out with the other person, then I distance myself from them. I become a bit passive aggressive and I make it clear to them that they've hurt or offended me. I'm normally a very talkative, happy, loving person, so when I stop slow down communication with someone, it's noticeable and should be a good indicator that my mood has changed. I always try not to bottle my feelings up, so when I'm really upset, I call my best friend, tell him what happened, and ask to talk about something else to take my mind off things so I can cool down and think with a level head. I never make decisions after I've been severely pissed off.

Shame) I prefer not to talk about the things I feel shameful about. I just avoid those things altogether. I used to be a bit, ahem, bitchy and I'm not proud of that at all so whenever my best friend and I are talking about that period in our lives, I either beg to change the subject or I apologize profusely for the way I acted years ago. It usually results in him telling me that I've apologized enough, there's nothing to be sorry for, everyone has those moments they're not proud of, etc. (I really love my INFP best friend :D) Even so, I carry those moments with me and those things I'm not proud of stay in the corner of my mind so I don't make the same mistakes again.

Anxiety) I think I mentioned this already at some point. If it's something like an audition, I recognize my nerves and I know there's nothing I can do about them so I just try to relax and when I get up to perform, I pretend like I'm all alone, practicing by myself. If it's anxiety about a friend or a relationship, I accept that anxiety and I try to overcome it, whether it's through talking to the object of said anxiety or just thinking through it by myself. This is a problem that has really plagued me for a long time, and I have issues overcoming it sometimes. My anxiety is not an unstoppable force, but it's certainly something I keep tabs on.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) I don't usually get too stressed, so I don't quite know how to respond to that xD I consider my "stress" and my anxiety to be 2 separate things.
b)Unexpected change.. I adapt fairly easily.
c)I confront people. I'm not afraid of conflict, generally, although there are times when I'll go to great lengths to avoid it. I have no problem fighting for what I believe in and the people I believe in. Nothing makes me angrier than when a friend/family member of mine is being treated unfairly.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I dislike overbearing authority figures and prefer guidelines to rules. And when I feel someone in a position of authority is abusing their power, I'm not afraid to speak up about it. I consider myself a participative leader, which I also prefer because many leaders are better at motivating the masses than the individual. I focus my attention on those who need it most.
b) I believe I just described my sentiments up there^. I abhor abuse of power, but I don't mind it too much when it is used for good.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I take a very realistic approach to life. I believe that there good things and there are bad, and that sometimes there's an unavoidable gray area. If there's a problem and something can be changed, we should try, but if it can't, it's no use wasting energy on it. I recognize issues when the exist, and I do my best to work through them, and I don't over exaggerate and I don't underrate things. I try my best to see them as they are and deal with them accordingly. (I'm portraying myself as more logical than I really am. My actions are often colored by emotion. Don't let this fool you xD I'm a die-hard feeling type)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I fear not being needed. I have this constant desire to be useful. When I'm sitting around with my robotics team, I'm often asking if anyone needs help with anything, even when there's barely anything to do. I just hate feeling like I'm not contributing, like I'm just being a dead weight.
Yeah, I think you are a two. This is textbook type two.

Also your caring about how you are seen, or, in my prefered term for image types, could be seen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've been having trouble determining whether I'm a 6 or a 2 as on most of my tests I've been fairly evenly matched. I'm just getting really frustrated by this test, and as much as I want to forget about it for now, I can't stop thinking about my type and doubting every conclusion I come to. It's the most irritating thing I've encountered in a long time. I feel like I barely know myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts