Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I whether to call this dream I had a lucid one or just a regular dream because I felt like I was participating in the dream yet, not really. But I did feel a lot in this dream. My dreams are most vivid and longest when I'm especially tired. Here's how my dream last night went.

I had a dream that a cat with white paws starting scratching me like crazy when I went to look outside from my home apparently for this very cat. All of a sudden it started talking to me and saying 'I'm sorry, I thought you were the same person that was chasing me. Come hurry! We have to go, he's coming."

"Who?" I ask but the cat was already running. I followed her and came to this frozen river of ice surrounded by snow and evergreen trees. She drew what seemed like the infinity symbol on the ice and the ice began to crack.

"Hurry, come inside! Before he gets us!" I saw a shadow of a man behind me so I had no time to ponder. The ice before me was a purplish pink, color but then it began to glow yellow where the infinity symbol was drawn. The ice cracked and broke leaving a hole of dark, cold water on the inside. The cat instructed me to jump in with her, I did. "Just relax, close your eyes, hold your breath, and count to three. You'll be safe here, Princess." she said, telepathically it seems. I did what she told me to do. I felt the water engulf my body as I closed my eyes and everything flashed white around me. It was a strangely calming experience and I liked it.

I woke up and swam to the surface, thinking I was either dreaming or gone. But what was before me was a land of ice. It was a kingdom of both metal and ice combined. It shined in the sky which was the same hue as the ice I fell into. I was bewildered and baffled, I was going to ask the cat where I was but she was nowhere to be found.

That's the most vivid part of my dream I remember. The rest are all scattered pieces. I don't know what it all means either haha.

Have any of you experienced dreams similar to this one? Have you had a correlation with having vivid dreams when you are very exhausted or drained?

Please, feel free to share any you remember. :happy:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm sorry, I was going to answer but was distracted by your beautiful avatar. Give me a moment to regather my thoughts. :kitteh:

Most of my dreams are lucid dreams. However I also suffer from horrible sleep paralysis episodes and nightmares, especially lately. When they're good they're amazing. Sometimes my good dreams can be quite random and similar to yours, although I'm often in control over what happens. (Conjuring different worlds...magic powers....flying....Robert Smith....etc...etc.) :tongue:

My dreams are quite private however, and I don't really like sharing them in public. I might come back later and share one or two, but for now I'll leave it at that. :tongue:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't remember most of my dreams but the ones I do are always very vivid and lucid. Like a few days ago I had a dream that my cousin who I'm very close to died in a car accident and I like trying to save her on the side of the street....the only dreams I do remember usually aren't good dreams. I actually ended up sending my cousin a text saying I loved her because it had such a huge affect on me and I was just so emotional about the whole thing

·
Registered
623 Posts
This isn't to do with lucid dreaming, in fact its quite the opposite type of dream, but a couple of days ago something funny happened!

So I was shopping with my Mum when she randomly said 'So what were you on about this morning?', I was confused... and then she said 'This morning you kept going on about a river' - I had NO idea what she was on about. Then she went on to explain that she had come in my room at about 9am to dump some clothes off, and I had said 'Make sure you choose the right river!'. She was confused so kept saying 'Pardon??' and apparently I had my eyes open and sat up straight and said it again and again.

It was pretty hilarious and I was laughing for ages when she told me, what the hell. Isn't that the kind of thing a fortune teller would warn somebody?!

Anyway, the day before that I had been on Embankment bridge staring at the river, and so it must have been fresh enough in my memory to dream about.

·
Registered
991 Posts
hm... i always have dreams in which i am actually in bed like in the dream, i'm in the same position i am in real life, and in the dream i am struggling around in bed trying to see something or do something, and i never know if i actually struggled in real life as much as i was struggling in the same position in the dream. these dreams are almost always those dreams that occur on the bridge between dream and reality, in which you try to wake up but cannot. does that happen to anyone else?
in any case, yours doesn't sound like lucid dreaming but
i seem to have very vivid dreams that i can vividly recall emotions from or scenery from as well. hm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts