Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 7am here. I stayed up the entire night. WHY? because someone I know... who i've been very intrigued and drawn to lately.... i just found out he has a girl friend. we've had amazing conversations, hours at a time, about all sorts of things. he's 5 years older than me, and i really respected him and just liked him alright but he is already taken, and yeah

they've known each other for 10 years, and they go way back, they have their own circle of friends and they are ... sigh, why bother going further. I feel so crushed now. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Sorry to hear this is happening.

curious0610,

Why are you up so late over this? Is it that you started really liking him before you found out? These days some men are friendly, even if they have girl friends, so please always do your homework right away. I just ask, or look for rings or clues, etc. I'm sorry you are going through this. That is how I shop for clothes, purses, and shoes, I check the price first, before I even think of picking it up or overly liking something :)

Perhaps make a list of qualities you like about this person, then the next time someone comes around with similar qualities, go for it! At least now you know. Is he having trouble with his girl friend? is that why he is spending so much time with you? I would keep a safe distance, because even if he broke it off with a girl friend, you don't want to be a rebound woman. You are young, from what I gather, start looking at other cute guys :)

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Aw, that sucks. I've been there. *hugs*

Reactions: strawberryLola

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm sure someone better is destined for you. Love definitely sucks most of the time, but once you meet the ONE who considers you his life and vice versa, you'll realize that everything has a reason and has its own time. You'll eventually get over him. Cheer up!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Sometimes it's easier to like people who are attached... they don't have to worry so much and can just be open to being friendly with you.

You'll get over it, and you have many lovely qualities. Hang in there.

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's 7am here. I stayed up the entire night. WHY? because someone I know... who i've been very intrigued and drawn to lately.... i just found out he has a girl friend. we've had amazing conversations, hours at a time, about all sorts of things. he's 5 years older than me, and i really respected him and just liked him alright but he is already taken, and yeah

they've known each other for 10 years, and they go way back, they have their own circle of friends and they are ... sigh, why bother going further. I feel so crushed now. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
I can access the depth of this pain for you with such a startling clarity, and I'm even sadder for you because it was one of your posts about this man that led me into something wonderful.

We are streams, Curious, and in your pain you should seek your depth to heal you. The indifferent, the insincere, and insecure can have the surface. Go within yourself during this and discover that within you the source of the stream is still pure, beautiful and alive. When we build relationships like that in the silence of our hearts having them ripped away by the unmasking of an illusion is painful, wracking intrusion. You would have hurt worse, though, and been scorched through and through if he'd cheated on her with you (led you into a relationship and then you found out.) It's better for you this way because your innocence will heal you.

You have my thoughts and empathy. Message me if you feel the need to unload.

With Sincerity and in Peace,

Ana

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Stick around and be a good friend. He might come around! Get rid of those romantic feelings and if things don't work out between them, he might realize how amazing you are. Then, you could be friends and slowly evolve into romance. It's always better anyways. Crush > Friends > Romance.
If you try to do Crush > Romance too quick, Romance > Friends will come around just as fast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cheer up buttercup :) Everything happens for a reason.
I agree. I was in a relationship (if you can call it that) with someone, shortly before it ended I met someone wonderful...and now he is my fiance! Even though you probably don't want to hear it, you'll find someone else...someone better for you. It usually happens when you least expect it!

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Stick around and be a good friend. He might come around! Get rid of those romantic feelings and if things don't work out between them, he might realize how amazing you are. Then, you could be friends and slowly evolve into romance. It's always better anyways. Crush > Friends > Romance.
If you try to do Crush > Romance too quick, Romance > Friends will come around just as fast.
There you go.
You want him, go get him.
You can do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.