Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have been friends with this guy for a couple of weeks now and we just clicked straight away! Problem is, I have of course developed feelings for him, despite all my strength. No idea what he feels about me though... and no I don't feel like asking him :p

Being a day dreaming INFP, I often imagine him liking me back if you see what I mean? However, I might actually start to believe this is reality and that just gets far too confusing.. Therefore I try to change these thoughts to 'switch off' my feelings but that's just so boring and 'unfulfilling'.. Some days I can feel differently but then I just go back to liking him again :(

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Omg I SO get this. It's why I'm so glad io don't have to date anymore. All the uncertainty. My tack is usually just to get it out of the way early on by taking my clothes off as quickly as possible. They virtually never reject a naked woman (unless gay or in a relationship) and once that's out of the way it's a good time to start the process of showing them why you're the best thing that ever happened to them. Which they're receptive to, because you're awesome in bed.

This is NOT AT ALL what I would advise you to do. I would advise you to listen to everyone but me. Because my way works, but it is risky and there are landmines all over it. S if you find yourself thinking about this method, ask yourself if you're the kind of person who would invest your entire life savings in a risky venture with the possibility of a HUGE payout, or invest it prudently in a variety of safer options with a more definite long-term reward.

I lucked out--my husband was a big payout. But I lost my shirt a lot along the way. Um... In the financial metaphor kind of w...nah, both ways I guess.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This entirely depends on whether you believe in soulmates our not. If you do believe in soulmates, then go through your criteria and see if he fits your criteria for a soulmate. If he doesn't fit all your criteria, then you're just settling. Hopefully, loving you back isn't one of those criteria (I've never believed that they're only your soulmate if they love you back). Finding and recognizing your soulmate and creating a relationship with him are two different things.

Since I DON'T believe in soulmates, then you go about creating a relationship the normal way. You make arrangements to spend time with each other wherein you learn each others values and beliefs systems to see if they're compatible. Having the same interests will only get you a fling. Long-term relationships require compatible values and beliefs systems. The object is to find out what they are in reality instead of what you project onto him.

Or the 3rd option, is completely detach from wanting a relationship. Enjoy his company when you're in his company. And live your life when he's not around. This could be for a week or for the rest of your life. I'm an advocate of this 3rd method. Because relationships are defined by their boundaries, given enough time boundaries will come up and get discussed.

Example of boundary: No, you can't sleep with your ex-girlfriend.

Depending on the boundaries, a name is given to the relationship as defined by those boundaries.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i know how you feel, on the flip side. i choose @infpblog 's 3rd method, sort of, i go in with no intentions, no expectations, and no real agenda, and sort of feel my way around the boundaries... the problem arises when both people use that method, because you can both be looking for different boundaries, kind of hoping the other is as well, but both of you are kind of indifferent to the situation (relationship-wise). With that situaish, it like finding the electric fence on a football field electric fence maze (OMFG HOW MUCH FUN WOULD THAT BE??) and hoping you meet up in the middle (or the exit, cause there's different kinds of mazes, ya know)

Reactions: AnnieeBubble

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Ok well I have been friends with this guy for a couple of weeks now and we just clicked straight away! Problem is, I have of course developed feelings for him, despite all my strength. No idea what he feels about me though... and no I don't feel like asking him :p

Being a day dreaming INFP, I often imagine him liking me back if you see what I mean? However, I might actually start to believe this is reality and that just gets far too confusing.. Therefore I try to change these thoughts to 'switch off' my feelings but that's just so boring and 'unfulfilling'.. Some days I can feel differently but then I just go back to liking him again :(
Advise if your afraid to ask him or or even ask how he feels, guys if they realize it or not, love to stare at the girls the like :dry: I do it, every guy i've met I've seen doing it, and the difference between liking what we see and like what know about someone is the longer we stare the more we like that person, Idk it might not be all guys but I know a few who do it with out realizing it. If you ever catch him staring at you for long periods of time, its no doubt he likes you, also its a way he looks at you lol admiration in the eyes and a smile while he looks at you definitely says "I dig this girl!" XD His face would have something like this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m56xccbwR...hoto_1260740523microexpressions-happines.jpeg

\as he stares at you. I've been caught doing it :dry: it's embracing when you like someone who can read faces ( Micro expressions major)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts