Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Infp1 != Infp2

We could even add in enneagrams to the mix, we all have our 'specialties'.

Sorry to be a funkiller :x

Reactions: Issmene

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
I think I'm a healthy INFP.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I'm possibly a healthy INFP.

For starters, someone told me that mature Fi can start to look like Fe.

Unhealthy INFPs are inevitably attracted to sad things, withdrawn, and using their judgment in a way that sort of demonizes the world and makes them feel like they have no place in it. :sad: It's the most upsetting thing in the world to see someone who thinks like this.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps we can create a chart where we divide different "levels" of how healthy/unhealthy an INFP will become and how they behave in each of those levels.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I think it is different for every person. Everybody has a chance to be "healthy." But even putting it that way kind of turns it into a judgement.

Chances are good that if we make a chart or a list, the "unhealthy" person who sees it will not become more healthy by seeing it, but less. So I don't exactly think laying down judgements like this might be a very good idea....

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
How about... we start with a bulleted list and have each person add to it as the thread progresses?

So...

Healthy
  • Utilizes the virtues that are important to them in a way that starts to look like Fe
  • Embracing creativity and/or divergent thinking

Average
  • Questioning, evaluating, trying to figure out who they are

Unhealthy
  • Withdrawn
  • Attracted to sad things
  • Prone to self-doubt
  • Can become narcissistic

"Average" is subjective btw, but for that, I'll use an amalgamate of what I generally see in this section of PerC.

And yes, everyone has a chance to be healthy, but the whole point of MBTI is to find similarities in development within types, yes?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about... we start with a bulleted list and have each person add to it as the thread progresses?

So...

Healthy
  • Utilizes the virtues that are important to them in a way that starts to look like Fe
  • Embracing creativity and/or divergent thinking

Average
  • Questioning, evaluating, trying to figure out who they are

Unhealthy
  • Withdrawn
  • Attracted to sad things
  • Prone to self-doubt
  • Can become narcissistic

"Average" is subjective btw, but for that, I'll use an amalgamate of what I generally see in this section of PerC.

And yes, everyone has a chance to be healthy, but the whole point of MBTI is to find similarities in development within types, yes?
I like those lists. :laughing: Here's my draft:

Healthy
  • Level 1 (At Their Best): The INFP becomes profoundly self-aware, and uses his/her talents to create a beautiful life for themselves and other people. They are compassionate, in-tune with the feelings of others, but they don't lose their sense of self-esteem and self-confidence. Genuinely beaming with happiness.
  • Level 2: Becoming more happier, the INFP realizes his/her place in the world. They are more self-aware, willing to admit mistakes and flaws, and embraces everything about themselves and their environments.
  • Level 3: Is slowly becoming more confident. Has a more humorous perspective in life, and are enjoying life and having fun again. They may still have some ups and downs, but it doesn't slow them down anymore.
Average
  • Level 4: Happiness is coming into their life in full-speed; They are seeing life in a whole new light now. They may reject bad habits in favor of more healthier ones. They are inspired to become better in every way possible.
  • Level 5: Pretty average. Ups and downs, normally just quiet and watching everyone intently. Are proficient and going through life without feeling too happy or sad about it.
  • Level 6: Slowly starting to feel depressed. May realize he/she feels different from others, and becomes a shut-in. Sees the world from the inside out, but is too in pain emotionally to want to reach out. May "give up" on believing that they can find love or ideal friendships.
Unhealthy
  • Level 7: Becomes angry and hostile, more depression seeping in. Becomes melacholy and doesn't reach out for social interaction, though this isn't always the case; They may become very arrogant, narcisstic, and may hurt other people to feel better about oneself. Major mood swings might be apparent.
  • Level 8: Depression starts to cripple them. They stay inside and cry, possibly thinking about suicide. "Hanging by a thread" best describes this level for the INFP. They want to hold on, but they keep asking if life is worth living anymore. From here, they may start smoking, drinking, use drugs, or any other bad habits that can harm them.
  • Level 9 (At Their Worst): Becomes suicidal. They see no way out. From here, their loved ones should take the initiative to get professional help for the INFP who has, sadly, reached this low.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like those lists. :laughing: Here's my draft:

Healthy
  • Level 1 (At Their Best): The INFP becomes profoundly self-aware, and uses his/her talents to create a beautiful life for themselves and other people. They are compassionate, in-tune with the feelings of others, but they don't lose their sense of self-esteem and self-confidence. Genuinely beaming with happiness.
  • Level 2: Becoming more happier, the INFP realizes his/her place in the world. They are more self-aware, willing to admit mistakes and flaws, and embraces everything about themselves and their environments.
  • Level 3: Is slowly becoming more confident. Has a more humorous perspective in life, and are enjoying life and having fun again. They may still have some ups and downs, but it doesn't slow them down anymore.
Average
  • Level 4: Happiness is coming into their life in full-speed; They are seeing life in a whole new light now. They may reject bad habits in favor of more healthier ones. They are inspired to become better in every way possible.
  • Level 5: Pretty average. Ups and downs, normally just quiet and watching everyone intently. Are proficient and going through life without feeling too happy or sad about it.
  • Level 6: Slowly starting to feel depressed. May realize he/she feels different from others, and becomes a shut-in. Sees the world from the inside out, but is too in pain emotionally to want to reach out. May "give up" on believing that they can find love or ideal friendships.
Unhealthy
  • Level 7: Becomes angry and hostile, more depression seeping in. Becomes melacholy and doesn't reach out for social interaction, though this isn't always the case; They may become very arrogant, narcisstic, and may hurt other people to feel better about oneself. Major mood swings might be apparent.
  • Level 8: Depression starts to cripple them. They stay inside and cry, possibly thinking about suicide. "Hanging by a thread" best describes this level for the INFP. They want to hold on, but they keep asking if life is worth living anymore. From here, they may start smoking, drinking, use drugs, or any other bad habits that can harm them.
  • Level 9 (At Their Worst): Becomes suicidal. They see no way out. From here, their loved ones should take the initiative to get professional help for the INFP who has, sadly, reached this low.
I like the idea of a list, and I like how you described everything as in levels, but I have a question. What level would describe "The Mood"?

I have high hopes that charts like these would help people learn more about us .-.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I like the idea of a list, and I like how you described everything as in levels, but I have a question. What level would describe "The Mood"?
Level 6 on that list, I think. :happy:

Anyway, here's my go. Hopefully I'm not too off the mark...

An unhealthy INFP becomes rigid in their values. Their way is the right way, no exceptions. Fi+Te going bad, basically. Depressive, cynical, bitter, extremely private. Perhaps obsessed about the morbid things like death, dying, pain, etc. Starts to become more of a recluse and may engage in unhealthy behaviors feel good or to punish themselves (over/under-eating, drugs, alcohol, etc.). A certain population of the INFPs will become the "crying, melacholy, suicidal" type.

A healthy INFP is creative in different ways dependant on the person, be it artistically or resourcefully. They help people, but live more by example than fighting for a cause. Almost a leader, but not quite: they're the type that guides subtly, without you really knowing it. Finds humor in many things (but not defensively), is patient, has a "wise" air about them. Rolls with the punches, but isn't submissive.

An average INFP... Soul-searching. Trying to find out where they belong, what they should believe in, which cause to help. Wants to help, but doesn't always know where to start. Feels different from everyone, but not quite so bad as to seperate themselves from society. Some may want recognition ("You could at least say thanks...") from individuals, but never the spotlight. May be into "odd hobbies," usually as a way to discover themselves.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I think healthiness in Jungain terms is difficult to explicate because functions are mindsets and not skill sets.

Also, healthiness for each individual in each type is going to look different because of enneagram type. Enneatype fours and nines are probably the most common infp types. But enneatype fours look differently when disintegrating than enneagram nines, for example.
A healthy enneatype 1 infp, is going to see the world and interact with it differently than a healthy infp 4. A healthy infp 3 might see a healthy infp 4 as being unhealthy.

That said, I think the idea of healthiness can be generally surmised with consideration of how the individual interacts with their dominant function (bit hard to talk about the other three, because there's no gurantee anyone develops all the functions in the hierarchy of their type and to say that with reference to development means older individuals only have the chance of healthiness, which isn't true). I tend to think healthiness hinges on balance, but that's just my personal opinion (and again is on the basis of developing other functions which isn't guaranteed).

I think we need to define "healthy", "unhealthy" and the levels in between first, and on what criteria. What does it mean for a mind set to be a healthy one?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was rather skeptical, but that list could at the very least be useful to some, I apologize.
(/hint *Well done* /hintOFF)

More details are needed though.

If someone could try to match in the enneagram 'levels' it might even become pretty interesting as a tool for self-assessment, to try and make it easier for others to understand themselves.
That won't happen overnight though.:mellow:

'Trivia', if we go by that list, I've been a clear 8, possibly 9. Now I'm most likely at four. (Progress is always fun)

Reactions: Evgenia

·
Registered
301 Posts
Depending on your guys' lists (which I agree with!), right now I'd say I'm in between average and healthy. I was pretty much all healthy at a point last year, but I've just had a few set backs I guess :p. Exercising is helping me bounce back from my moody moods within hours lately, though. So hopefully I'm on the fast track back to healthiness! I wrote a song to express some little melancholy i was feeling earlier, and it really just vanished as I was writing it. I'm feelin' grooovvveeyyy

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Factor in the external. Is there denial, abuse, desire? Different stages of INFP come for different reasons.
Denial cause INFPs to act a certain way for approval.
Abuse can just fuck them up.
Desire is romantic usually.

All this can be overcome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yup! I agree with all of those.
Unhealthy INFP: Self-depricating, will seek help but will not use the advice given, quite manipulate, Emotionally blackmailing 'i was there for you, why arent you helping me' 'you werent the friend i thought you were'

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd say I'm a Level 4 right now. :happy: Things are looking up!

If you guys want, you can edit my list to make it more accurate to your tastes. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts