Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who know their heart fix:

How does your heart fix manifest? Have you noticed its influence in your day-to-day life? In what ways does it conflict or compliment your core?

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
With 4 as my heart fix and wing I often find myself attracted to and enjoying the darker side of emotionalism like a masochist, but I can only handle so much.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My heart fix is a 4, which manifests in wanting to do things in unique ways. It'll be part of how things have to have a touch or suggestion from me in order for me to do things.

I have noticed its influence more looking in the patterns of the past where I can see how I had to have my touch on things or do things a bit differently than others.

In going with my core type of 5, there are a lot of compliments as both are Introspective types and can be seen as having a rich inner world. The conflict comes from the head versus heart side of things as each has a slightly different view of what is on top.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No 2- or 3-fixers?

I am curious how a 2-fixed 5 balances the detachment of their core with a people-centric fix.

Also, I'd like to know how a 3-fixed 5 deals with their 'double competency.'

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Alright, I'll bite.

I got a 2 fix, and it has a 3 wing. It's even second in my stacking. It took me so long to figure this one out because I don't view myself in the outward sense, looking at the way I interface with the world; rather, my tendency is to just see what's on the inside and pay attention to my mental content.

This doesn't negate the presence of this aspect of me, though. So my role into the world, when I'm not in introverted shutdown, is as a giver of ideas, information, knowledge, what wisdom I come to possess through my thought - a teacher and a thinker, contributing to whomever or whatever my impulse is toward. I feel disappointed when I offer something I consider significant and don't get response - slightly more specifically, any response that indicates to me that what I had to offer had some meaningful impact, was of aid, what have you. This could be them returning my conversation with questions, feedback (mindfood), putting what I had to say into use through their actions, etc.

Due to the presence of sx in my stack, and the lack of so-style awareness, it shows up a lot around individuals and not groups. I have a marked tendency to take on individual students I favor, and none at all to deal with classrooms. I would be the kind of person to have an apprentice.

·
Registered
620 Posts
No 2- or 3-fixers?

I am curious how a 2-fixed 5 balances the detachment of their core with a people-centric fix.

Also, I'd like to know how a 3-fixed 5 deals with their 'double competency.'
512 sx here

The two makes me batter people with information because I become overly involved in wanting to help people by making them know things.

I'm not a 3 fix but 1 is competent as well, it makes me double critical.

Being double critical and then people focused makes me very critical of people. I wonder if 3 fixes are the same or if the more locally focused 3 makes them more self critical?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I'm not sure of my heart fix. I'm guessing 3w4, which makes me concerned about how I'm viewed by others and want to be perceived by others as successful.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
4w3 fixed with 4 wing. To me it mostly shows up in how I want to help people see themselves. Just like I have my own innate preference towards seeing myself, analyzing every bit and piece of who I am and find my own unique identity through this analysis, I want people to do the same. My primarily need shows in seeking personal understanding of who I am as a human being, a person, what have you.

Perhaps one could see the connection between 4-2 here, and I definitely think the connection to 8-2 matters too. I have a strange relationship to type 2 this way in that two of my fixes connect to 2 but I am not myself a type 2. Because I'm sx first, I use this kind of information as a way to connect with people. I like helping people type themselves but it only serves them in that I want them to see themselves for who they are. Once I feel they have fully explored themselves and have reached a deeper sense of self-understanding, I feel I'm done as there's nothing more to offer in terms of information. I love helping to share information with other people but only in the form of self-analysis that is meant to reach a deeper understanding, to see oneself in a more lucid light and achieve greater self-awareness and thus ultimately also move away from being a mere nobody in a collective into becoming a somebody with a goal, reason and purpose as to who they are. I am not entirely sure why I think it's important for me to help people see who they really are, the very core of their beings and themselves, but it is.

I also feel my 4 fix shows up in my way of dressing, choosing to interact with the world around me and through my art. A lot of my art is very self-centered on a sense of internal torment and I often and easily develop moods where I just feel life is crap for no real apparent reason than it is and I can stay in bed all day wanting to indulge this feeling and reinforce it through external validation such as bemoaning it to other people. Don't you see how much I suffer?

I never felt that the 4 influence contradicts my core. I don't think wings or fixes can contradict one's core, as that would result in a heavily neurotic and psychologically dysfunctional person that would likely suffer issues similar to schizophrenia. Instead, what I think happens is a form of synergy so fixes and wings cannot nullify, but they will instead strengthen and unite certain aspects in unique ways. I feel my 4 fix gives 5 a certain flavor that separates it from other 5s, creating a more unique blend that you don't have even among 5w4s, And I see how 4w3 and 5w4 both synergize into a mentality where absolute importance is placed upon understanding oneself, knowing oneself and fully exploring every aspect of oneself and seeing the truth of these observations.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
4w5

I always have this nagging sense that nothing is ever going to make me happy and I live with this ongoing sense of perpetual dissatisfaction.

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Heavy 4 wing, 4w5 heart.
I care about authenticity. I care about doing things in a creative, unique, and aesthetic way.
I take much pleasure in clothing, dressing myself, expressing myself with and through clothing. Many people think I'm eccentric or glamorous, but I do it for myself, and only myself. (I'm also a sensor, so I take textural pleasure from my clothing, the way it smells or feels, etc.)
I care deeply about knowing exactly who I am, seeing exactly who I am, warts, bruises, and all.
I can be... or could be (in the past) angered and annoyed with people who lie to themselves and who seem to cop-out, be phony, fake, shallow thinking, etc, lacking authenticity, no courage to admit who they really are, what they want, giving superficial answers... lying.
I like to see other people embrace their "flaws" and turn their thinking around, to help them stop thinking like a failure and see the strength in their own unique style and abilities. But at heart I'm independent and I don't want to hold their hand the whole way. I am the finger pointing at the moon, it's up to you to see it or not.
I care about unmasking things, and seeing the truth.
The truth, the whole of it, is beautiful. It can be sad, it can be painful, but it is real.
I feel my heart center when I search for meaning from my thoughts and actions.
Think, act, feel.
What does this mean, who does this make me, who am I now.
In my home I create an environment. I like my environment to reflect who I am, who I want to be, how I want to feel. I want everything to be unique, or beautiful, or beautiful and unique, or if neither, very useful and clever.

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,600 Posts
My heartfix is 2w3... For a while, I though it was 4/triple withdrawn (594.) I still identify quite a bit with 4 drives. 2 was still a second option though when I was leaning more towards 4, sp 4 and sp 2 are lookalikes and I have a strong 4 wing. While I need my alone time, once I do consider someone to be a friend, I can be quite the people-pleaser, especially in a group setting.

While I am not the most people oriented person in the world 100% of the time, I do want to help. I also get pretty 2ish in unhealthy mode, I want people to think of me as their special sort of friend and like to help out. My 9 plays into this too. I often put other people before myself, and I don't like other people to know when I am helpless myself.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

(I have a 4 wing so there is some of that influence too)

The 3 influence is the smallest in my tritype (513) but since I'm "triple competency" I 'strive' like I breathe.

I'm a sx dominant so my 3 heart fix shows up in my romantic relationship. I strive to be a 'good feminine woman'. 3s usually take on a standard set by society ("look at me, I'm your ideal, now admire/validate me"), yet I take on a more behind-the-scenes/grounded-in-reality/supportive role in romantic relationships, shifting the spotlight to my beloved (much to the disapproval of the feminist/extroverted/pro-individualism society I live in *shoulder shrug*). I have a powerful drive to 'please' my SO and 'achieve' within my romantic relationship (I assume my triple striving amplifies these drives).

More on the sx 3:

Sexual Threes (according to Beatrice Chestnut)
The Sexual Three - "Charisma"
The victory or goal that the Sexual Three subtype is interested in (that expresses this Three’s vanity) is one of sex appeal and beauty rather than money or prestige-but they are just as competitive in pursuing these goals as a business executive is in work matters. In this Three, vanity is not denied (as with the Self-Preservation Three) or embraced (like the Social Three); rather, it's somewhere in between, being employed in the service of creating an attractive image and promoting important others.

The Sexual Three is sweet and shy and not as extroverted as the Social Three-especially when it comes to speaking about himself. It's hard for these Threes to promote themselves, so they often put the focus on others they want to support.

Although they are just as capable as the other Threes of achieving worldly success through competence and hard work, these Threes don't feel the need to achieve goals in the external world because their focus is much more on pleasing and making themselves attractive as a way of earning love. They see their accomplishments in the successes and happiness of the people around them. [This success has primacy for me but I do pursue other/personal successes too -- my 5 brain is highly curious and if I can 'do it all', why not?]

Although Ichazo called this type "Masculinity/Femininity," Naranjo explains that this is not Hollywood-style masculinity or femininity, or even necessarily a very sexualized masculinity or femininity This type is more concerned with having an attractive presentation as a man or a woman-and, subtly at times, with pleasing others by being attractive in a classically masculine or feminine way. And while Threes are heart types, in this subtype the pleasing may occur less through emotional connection or sexual seductiveness and more through a mental connection or enthusiastic support. Naranjo changed the name to "Charisma" to reflect the special way Sexual Threes motivate and excite the admiration of others through a quality of "personal magnetism."

Sexual Threes achieve within relationships. These Threes are pleasers and helpers; they tend to work hard in support of someone else, expending a lot of energy in promoting others. Sexual Threes can be very ambitious and hardworking, but it’s always to make someone else look good. Often this Three doesn't seem like a Three because they are not so focused on their own status and achievement, but for them it's more about being attractive and supporting others-it's enough for them to be beautiful; they don't have to achieve to get love. It's the pleasing that brings approval or love, so they don't have to be conventional achievers.

Sexual Threes put a lot of energy into seducing and pleasing others. They may have a fear of disappointing others, and so they justify themselves with excuses to avoid confrontation [No, a healthy relationship requires intimacy, so I would confront without hesitation if required -- I'm as devoted to my relationship as I am to my SO]. People with this subtype may have fantasies about the "ideal partner," and they may want to change their partner to be like they would like him or her to be. They may have fantasies of waiting for "Prince Charming" (or "Princess Charming") and living "happily ever after."

These Threes tend to be oriented toward pleasing others in the sense of having a family or team mentality [So true]. They may focus narrowly on what is good for the family (at home or at work) and project the image of someone who is good in this way. [My 'image' needs to be no different to reality -- I will strive to be 'the real deal'. Healthy 3s are authentic -- not that I'm a core 3...]

Because so much depends on their being attractive to others, Sexual Threes think they need to be good and perfect to be loved [this triple striver just needs to strive is more likely]. They tend to be very helpful to prove their lovability-they aspire to have the image of [be] the "best lover" or the "perfect wife." [Yep, lol]

The Sexual Three is the most emotional of the Threes, so you are more likely to see them expressing their feelings. This Three doesn't wear the kind of social mask that a Social Three wears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts