Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so if you've read any of my earlier threads, you will have heard me talk about this before. There is a guy two years older than me (he is a senior, I am a sophomore). I have the hugest crush on him ever. He is the most amazing person I have ever met. I can't stop thinking about him. However, he doesn't acknowledge me very much if at all. Stupidly, I told him over facebook how I felt, I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, he said that he thought of me as a "good friend" which really is not entirely true. Now, whenever I try to talk to him or do something nice for him, I am afraid of seeming like a creeper. But I just can't stop thinking about him and I can't imagine my life without him. It hurts so much to not be with him, it feels like my heart won't stop breaking. It's making me really depressed and irritable.I don't know what to do! Please help me!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hearthache. Its aactually the better side of romance IMO. Enjoy having a crush on him. Flirt if you like but make it fun. Remember to look at the nice guys in your grade because I'm sure they are looking at you. Have fun. Dating at that point should be fun and simply about getting to know people, making friends, and most importantly getting to know yourself.

Be careful who you spill your heart to. Getting stung by someone you confided in can lead to insecurity and distrust.

Fun. Be young. Don't try to settle on the love of your life immediately. Spoils a lot of the rest of your fun.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
At my age, I realize most of the mistakes I made at your age.

One: What makes a lady beautiful and attractive? Intelligence and self-confidence.
Two: What attracts the "right" kinda guy at your age? Intelligence and self-confidence.
Three: How does a girl your age line em up? Sit in the library during lunch time and kick some @ss at the chess table...

Reactions: katarashamrock

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Oh, I forgot... (at my age, I forget...)

If he is the intelligent type and you don't know how to play chess: Ask him to teach you. If you do know how, challenge him to a game... By the way, I am the Mom of three teenage sons...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have been in this situation with regards to a girl. I have a friend in this exact same position. As such, I am going to give you the exact same advice I gave him.

This is going to be very tough to do, but the best thing you can do to get over him is to look at other guys and date them. Objectively, they may not be as awesomely awesome as the guy you currently have a crush on, but if you dig a little deeper, he may be a whole lot more.

I tend to find that we place those who do not respond to our love on a pedastal, often unduly. Sure at the moment, you may think he is a great guy, but when you look back on it with the cold light of objectivity, I am sure you will find some cracks in his armour.

Other things you can do to try and get over him is to hang out with other friends more, don't talk to him as often, heck, even move away for a little while if you must. The short answer is stop having as much contact as you currently are with him and start looking at other guys out there to date.

Best of luck. I assure you, you will come out the other side a better, tougher person for the experience.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I came back with another message for you.

I have walked a day in your shoes. If he is not interested, it is his loss. He is probaly not worth your time. There are many amazing and beautiful fish in the ocean, all waiting for you. For every duckling you meet, there will be a dozen swans...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts