Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i've read that if your a J then your judging function is extroverted and same with P for percieving. Now lets say your "heavily" J or P, does that mean your dominant Judging and Percieving functions will be heavily extraverted and introverted?

i.e. INFJ, if your heavily J will your Fe be alot > Fi and Ni be alot > Ne?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Sometimes I feel more like a P and this is usually because I've come to over-use Ni-Ti over extended period of time. Intuitive subtypes of INFJs are described as "scattered" "dreamy" "poorly adapted to life". This does not fall in line with stereotype of being a Judger. Whenever I use Fe-Se more I feel more like a real Judger.

On the other hand if you compare INFJ and ENFJs who are basically very similar to use but use more Fe, I would not say that they are more "heavily J" than INFJs.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It seems to me to be very much a matter of definition... If you're thinking about the percentage scores on MBTI tests, that is often reliability, rather than how heavily you're using the preference. Also the P/J is in the end just a shorthand for pointing out which function is external and which is perceiving, i.e. Ni/Fe in an INFJ and Fi/Ne in an INFP. Going deeper your point could be valid, but your skipping a lot of steps in your logic...

Someone more into Jung should fill me in here, I'm just thinking aloud... :confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Now i've read that if your a J then your judging function is extroverted and same with P for percieving. Now lets say your "heavily" J or P, does that mean your dominant Judging and Percieving functions will be heavily extraverted and introverted?

i.e. INFJ, if your heavily J will your Fe be alot > Fi and Ni be alot > Ne?
Not necessarly. My guess would be that if you are an INFJ and "heavily J" your Te and to some point Ti would be most affected. I've noticed that most of the NF types score relatively high on both Fe/Fi and Ne/Ni, regardless of being NFJ/NFP - I mean they score higher in F and N in general. NTs also score higher in N and T. I dunno about guardians and artisans, since there are so few of them on this board I don't have enough data to draw any conclusions.

In other words - in my opinion a "feeler" is more comfortable in F judgements of both orientation [e/i] than he or she would ever be in T judgements.

BTW - I score high on P for a ENTJ, but it is probably because I rely on my irrational functions [Ni and Se] a lot, and yet my Te is my primary function. [and my flat is often messy ;)]

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Sometimes I feel more like a P and this is usually because I've come to over-use Ni-Ti over extended period of time. Intuitive subtypes of INFJs are described as "scattered" "dreamy" "poorly adapted to life". This does not fall in line with stereotype of being a Judger.
I am like this a lot just as much deliberately when I am uber bored as just out of my control, unless it's a type of passive boredom that I'm not aware about. and apparently it defies my S type, but I was told depression does that naturally so I shouldn't worry, I guess. I wonder if the P can or does overpower the S at any time or something in that vein?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts