Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 1s,

I took a break from this place in order to take some time to figure things out. I was debating between types 6 and 1, and for me, there was a very fine line between the two.
Because I believed I was a 6 for so long, I posted a number of things in the type 6 forum. Here is the link, for those who are interested:

http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-forum-loyalist/95578-dear-6s-i-am-1-after-all.html

I think the reason it was such a struggle is that I am a perfectionist, and have been in serious denial as to how much perfectionism was impacting me. I know very well that I set ridiculously high standards for myself. Being a truth seeker, I am open to new perspectives, as they may help me to understand my own views better. The problem is, I am a type 1 under stress. I come across as an unhealthy manifestation of a type 4 (healthy 4s are awesome! Hey, my heart fix is 4).

So yes, I feel like I've finally figured things out. And I have a sense of peace that I didn't have when I believed I was a 6, so maybe that answers something as well.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Welcome to our team. We have vegan cookies.

Being a one is awesome, because we get to care about the things that really matter. :)

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
LOLLLL OMG I love it!!!! "'1' of you!!!" this is so great! I love punny jokes! They're so funny, not in a ha-ha way but in an endearing corny way :p.

*fistbumps fellow gut type*

Since I discovered and read more about the enneagram I realized over time what a strong 1 wing I have (because like many stereotypical 9s, my self-awareness was so absurdly lacking), and I am trying to develop it even more.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOLLLL OMG I love it!!!! "'1' of you!!!" this is so great! I love punny jokes! They're so funny, not in a ha-ha way but in an endearing corny way :p.

*fistbumps fellow gut type*
Yeah, I have an "interesting" sense of humour. Which is good, because I like making others laugh. I actually enjoy making others laugh more than having a good laugh myself (not that the latter is bad- quite the opposite).

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@LittleB81 - Gah! I have been discovered! O_O Well, I have been thinking. ^^' People have tried to type me as One. I could almost see myself as One. Almost. But... asdhjkrglk. @[email protected] I told myself I wouldn't over think! I am over thinking! -headdesk-

^ The internal war within.

I think I'm somebody who just happens to have a very unfortunately strong inner-critic. I way over analyze things. I think my motivations remain that of a Six.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts