Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice to meet you, guys.

Anyway, I've decided I'm most probably an ENTP (although I considered INTP too... I use both Ne and Ti extensively and usually test as introverted). A couple of questions, then, and thanks in advance for answering any number of them.

1: How social are you? I mean, are you a party animal with dozens of friends, or a moderately outgoing person who needs their time alone?

II: Did you have trouble deciding about your MBTI type and if yes, why?

Three: Tertiary Fe: how is your use of it?

Vier: Why are most threads in the ENTP forum like "OMG I'm dating an ENTP and I dunno what to do HELP!!111"? ;)

Quinque: Most annoying, funny or idiotic misconception/stereotype about ENTPs?

Шесть: I wanted the bad guys to win at least once when I watched cartoons as a kid. It would be interesting if Gargamel finally managed to eat Smurf stew, don't you think?

111: Anything else you want to write.

·
Registered
179 Posts
1: I am fairly social. I have a number of friends and I have fun with them alot. But I can spend lots of time alone with my thoughts.

II: YES! First I thought I was an ENFP (Which i know for a fact i am not), then I thought I was an INTP (which I dont think I am), then I thought (and still think) I could be an ENTJ.

Three: see signature

Vier: Because they fear us ;)

Шесть: I am still mad at how Ganon never beat Link and how Bowser never beat Mario

111: OMG I'm dating an ENTP and I dunno what to do HELP!!111

Reactions: aconite

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,863 Posts
1: How social are you? I mean, are you a party animal with dozens of friends, or a moderately outgoing person who needs their time alone? 50% anti-social, 50% social. Not outgoing, not uncomfortable socially. Know plenty of people who like me, do not consider most of them friends. Happy to talk to anyone, happy to not talk. People would presume me to be an introvert but as they're talking to me I'm stealinz their mojo to recharge.

II: Did you have trouble deciding about your MBTI type and if yes, why? Yes, initially couldn't fathom a system that would consider me extroverted as I equated it to sociability. I am extroverted as I drain when on my own for too long and get recharged when others are around. I am also a walking, talking example of Ne, backed by Ti, not the other way around.

Three: Tertiary Fe: how is your use of it? Better than it could be, better than it has been but there are still plenty of times when it's exceptionally uncomfortable and even detrimental. I feel I care too much at times, I feel the way I care is too superficial at times as deep down I will never make my decisions based on emotion, but I can't stop the Fe so I try to harness it in a way I can deal with. It kicks my ass less than Si, slightly.

Vier: Why are most threads in the ENTP forum like "OMG I'm dating an ENTP and I dunno what to do HELP!!111"? ;) Either because they think we care or because they realise we don't but enjoy sounding intelligent and funny so will post anyway. That said, I expect most other forums are filled with similar threads, people care about relationships and some aren't as good as others (ENTP fist pump) at reading people.

Quinque: Most annoying, funny or idiotic misconception/stereotype about ENTPs? I personally dislike the attention-seeking, egomaniac, borderline narcissistic ones who are all about embracing conflict. May be relevant for some/most but as an E9 those things are so not me.

Шесть: I wanted the bad guys to win at least once when I watched cartoons as a kid. It would be interesting if Gargamel finally managed to eat Smurf stew, don't you think? I know what a smurf is, the rest is foreign, so sure, tear the little blue fucker apart.

111: Anything else you want to write. I appreciated the numbering.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
One: How social are you? I mean, are you a party animal with dozens of friends, or a moderately outgoing person who needs their time alone?You mean, do I party all the time? No, usually other people are doing the inviting, but it's not like I don;t enjoy being out. It's not that I need time alone, I just get it because I'm not someone who cares to lead a pack of people around. People are nice, but I don't attach into packs like that.

Beta: Did you have trouble deciding about your MBTI type and if yes, why? Nope, I was pretty certain. I'd have been suspicious if it was just the good things, but when I read this, I was 100% postive. That's my bad side to a T.

3: Tertiary Fe: how is your use of it? Fe works for NeTi, it's called the child function. In practice, when you're playing with people to make them laugh, or saying something pithy at just the right moment, that's Fe at work. You're trying to get a feeling out of someone, orto make some statement of signifigance. It gets developed by experience. Sometimes, I make a joke and it works, sometimes it fails, but I'm always calibrating it to achieve the goal I want. Robin Williams does this: He looks like he's crazy improvisational, but really, he spends a lot of his spare mental capacity thinking of funny things, learning what works and doesn't through experimentation.

Fyra: Why are most threads in the ENTP forum like "OMG I'm dating an ENTP and I dunno what to do HELP!!111"? ;) People often have problems with different worldviews. It's why some people seem mysterious to you even though they may not be trying (hello,intj...). They go to the various forums to ask people who have that sort of mental makeup to divine the actions. It actually makes sense, although many problems obviously come down to "ask".

V: Most annoying, funny or idiotic misconception/stereotype about ENTPs? Sonny's spot on here. I don;t mind conflict as much, but it's gotta be pushing things in the right direction. Some entps can't help it because they're young and still figuring out how to control, or at least direct their impulses, but that's life.

shest: I wanted the bad guys to win at least once when I watched cartoons as a kid. It would be interesting if Gargamel finally managed to eat Smurf stew, don't you think? Absolutely. I still remember fondly both the tom and jerry, and roadrunner episodes where they caught what they were after...

21: Anything else you want to write. Your numbering system is a completely entp thing to do.

·
Registered
397 Posts
1: I'm probably considered the latter. I do love parties and have dozens of friends, or moreso "acquaintances," but generally I need time alone to process everything. I consider myself a very independent person and I can't stand being tied around the same crowd everyday. The past two months I actually didn't have a phone, which was awesome. However, I also can't stand being alone for long periods of time. I get bored and depressed.

II: Not really. I went to the MBTI website and read the general descriptions of the functions and was divided between ENTP and ENFP. Then after I read personality profiles and took some tests, it was clear that I am ENTP. In the past I might've been INTP, though.

Three: From what I understand, I am always trying to equalize everything in a rational manner. In conflicting situations, I analyze the perspectives of each character and try to find equilibrium so that everyone is content. And maybe it is my age, but I am determined that the career I eventually go into will be for public service. I've also read that people who uses Fe has a tendency to have animated expressions.

Vier: ENTPs seem to have the whole "player" vibe to them. We also hide our feelings with dear life.

Quinque: That all ENTPs are manipulative, arrogant, messy and obnoxious. I'm quite the contrary.

Шесть: Didn't watch the smurfs. I don't think I usually liked the bad guys enough to want them to win. They're usually portrayed as dumb and evil. But hmm, maybe. I will have to get back to this.

111:

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fe works for NeTi, it's called the child function. In practice, when you're playing with people to make them laugh, or saying something pithy at just the right moment, that's Fe at work. You're trying to get a feeling out of someone, orto make some statement of signifigance. It gets developed by experience. Sometimes, I make a joke and it works, sometimes it fails, but I'm always calibrating it to achieve the goal I want. Robin Williams does this: He looks like he's crazy improvisational, but really, he spends a lot of his spare mental capacity thinking of funny things, learning what works and doesn't through experimentation.
This is exactly how I usually use Fe. It might be not as developed as I would like it to be, though.

21: Anything else you want to write. Your numbering system is a completely entp thing to do.

Anyway, thank you guys for the feedback. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
545 Posts
1: How social are you? I mean, are you a party animal with dozens of friends, or a moderately outgoing person who needs their time alone? I have a small circle of friends. I'm not bad at meeting people at parties and stuff. I'm just terrible at getting them together to hang out. So I just stick to my little group and feel like I barely have any friends. I could have alot more if I put alittle more effort into it.

II: Did you have trouble deciding about your MBTI type and if yes, why? Cause I come across as shy around some people. My aunt was even surprised, when I told her I was extroverted.

Three: Tertiary Fe: how is your use of it? I kind of dont like my Ti. Since it just makes me get super pissed at situations and I go into blind anger mode. Just because I'm really just sad about something and anger has always been my defense mechanism. Thankfully I dont get mad often, it would be hell of alot easier for me if I could express my emotions. (besides anger and frustration.) I have alot of trouble telling people I care about them and I suck at sincerity. That's my rant about that behavior. But on most days I dig it a whole lot, it's not perfect but I could be an Fi.

Vier: Why are most threads in the ENTP forum like "OMG I'm dating an ENTP and I dunno what to do HELP!!111"? ;)
I thought I was the only one that noticed that hahaha. It's because we're complex little creatures. We're huge narcisist's, and if you guys are like me girls are fun to toy with. Also the above awnser seems to show alittle bit of reason why women would have confusion.

Quinque: Most annoying, funny or idiotic misconception/stereotype about ENTPs?
That we don't care about anything and that everything is about finding conflict.

Шесть: I wanted the bad guys to win at least once when I watched cartoons as a kid. It would be interesting if Gargamel finally managed to eat Smurf stew, don't you think? Nah man I dig the smurfs. They had a ideal society and sick twisted shit heads like you always want to ruin that; go run a wall street bank you fucking coward.

111: Anything else you want to write. Anything :) really anything

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I was the only one that noticed that hahaha. It's because we're complex little creatures. We're huge narcisist's, and if you guys are like me girls are fun to toy with. Also the above awnser seems to show alittle bit of reason why women would have confusion.
I wasn't asking about just women, but about people in general :p There are a couple threads about confused people dating ENTP females, too. And speaking from experience, men and women aren't that different when it comes to love. It makes people stupid regardless of gender ;)

Nah man I dig the smurfs. They had a ideal society and sick twisted shit heads like you always want to ruin that; go run a wall street bank you fucking coward.
Interesting how your username contains "likes girls" and your vision of an ideal society is just one female and hundreds of guys in tights who like holding their hands when dancing :cool:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I wasn't asking about just women, but about people in general :p There are a couple threads about confused people dating ENTP females, too. And speaking from experience, men and women aren't that different when it comes to love. It makes people stupid regardless of gender ;)

Interesting how your username contains "likes girls" and your vision of an ideal society is just one female and hundreds of guys in tights who like holding their hands when dancing :cool:
Well I have a penis so I figured I could only give a male ENTP perspective. Since from this forum ENTP women are supposed to be a different beast then the male ones.

Yeah man...have you seen that blonde smurf she is smokin ;)

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Uno: How social are you? I mean, are you a party animal with dozens of friends, or a moderately outgoing person who needs their time alone?

Used to be the former, now it's more of the latter.

Deux: Did you have trouble deciding about your MBTI type and if yes, why?

Not really, no; there was a time when I wondered if I was an ENFP, but after learning more about how ENFPs operate, I realized it obviously wasn't me.

Treies: Tertiary Fe: how is your use of it?

Tertiary Fe is in the perfect spot; conscious enough to make use of it, low enough not to be affected too much by it. Basically, it lets me pick up on how other people are feeling, without having their feelings affect me too much, one way or the other.

ოთხი: Why are most threads in the ENTP forum like "OMG I'm dating an ENTP and I dunno what to do HELP!!111"? ;)

Because it's the same ENTP dating all these women, of course.

חמש: Most annoying, funny or idiotic misconception/stereotype about ENTPs?

The stereotype that ENTPs are goofy clowns that can't get anything done.

acac: I wanted the bad guys to win at least once when I watched cartoons as a kid. It would be interesting if Gargamel finally managed to eat Smurf stew, don't you think?

Yes to both. The good guys are always such losers.

七: Anything else you want to write.

Bonus points if you can guess the languages used for each number. :wink:

·
Registered
155 Posts
1: I can not STAND being alone, I mean, I'd rather be alone than with someone who was really boring, but they'd have to be REALLY boring, I've always had a few very very close friends, and then lots of parties with roommates/college acquaintances

II: It's always been pretty obvious, especially when I read the descriptions, I don't think I've ever got anything but ENTP on a test, A few years ago when I wasn't as into this stuff I got INFJ a lot, but I think that's because I was a little depressed.

Three: Tertiary Fe: not the greatest, I'm trying to develop it, but I'm not sure how lol, or if possible

Vier: No Idea, I guess we can be kinda hard to deal with lol

Quinque: I'm not sure, a lot of people seem to think I childish because of my child like mannerisms, but there's a huge difference between those two, most people stop seeing me that way once they actually take the time to know me.

Шесть: I mean, anything new and or different, extra points for being subversive.

111: I don't really want to write anything else...

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
UNO: A varying graph of both, depends on the people in the vicinity.

Dos Equis: A while, then I decided it wasn't that much of a problem.

Ménage à trois: ...That's our tertiary function?! Impossibru! ...What's it taste like?

Quadrophenia: We like cockblocking each other for the lulz, that would explain many things. Too bad it doesn't.

Quincy: I Like Turtles.

FIVE: I always wondered what a pot of blue uber-midgets would taste like...

0101:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts