Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Nashako, and I'm a type 4 ISFP (feel like I'm introducing myself at an AA meeting :laughing:). Just joined the site, and I've been browsing around looking at a bunch of different topics. There are definitely some very interesting people and conversations here. I'm still new to all of the personality type stuff, so I'll probably have some questions.

So my question(s) is(are):
As an ISFP, what personality type do you tend to get along best with in regards to friendships and relationships (separately)?

As such, where do you typically go to meet said personality types?

I was reading one summary of ISFPs on another site (personalitypage.com) and it said we tend to get along better with ESFJs in regards to relationships. Honestly, I think I'd do better with another ISFP, or another less extroverted type. Somebody who likes to have fun, but mostly low-key stuff.

I thought I had more questions, but I guess since I was interrupted by my friend that I have forgotten said questions. Hrmph, oh well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome to our section! :D

As for your question, I don't particularly go anywhere in hopes of finding a specific personality type. Usually when I look for something that makes it even harder to find..so I just go with the flow. Friendship wise, I'm a pretty big fan of EXFPs but I think I could be friends with most of the types.

Relationship wise, I don't have experience with enough of the types to discern one as the best match. I'm quite attracted to NTs though, partly because they're everything I'm not. They don't get caught up on the appearance of things as I do. They don't mince their words because they're more concerned in getting the point across than trying not to hurt others' feelings. I can learn a lot from them. Also, if we can get on the same wavelength, there's a potential to have some pretty fulfilling conversations..it's just that sometimes it's hard to find their wavelength.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually when I look for something that makes it even harder to find..so I just go with the flow.
This is oh so true :/ to find what you're looking for, you have to stop looking for it.

Relationship wise, I don't have experience with enough of the types to discern one as the best match. I'm quite attracted to NTs though, partly because they're everything I'm not. They don't get caught up on the appearance of things as I do. They don't mince their words because they're more concerned in getting the point across than trying not to hurt others' feelings. I can learn a lot from them. Also, if we can get on the same wavelength, there's a potential to have some pretty fulfilling conversations..it's just that sometimes it's hard to find their wavelength.
I need to read the indepth analysis for each personality type still. I read a general overview of all of them, and I'm trying to figure out what some of the major people in my life are. I believe my mom is also an ISFP, as we're extremely similar (sometimes it's creepy). I also believe my sister is an ESTP, a very outgoing people-person who doesn't typically pay attention to the rules. Still trying to pinpoint what the Big Bad Ex was.

I often dream of a world where people are just automatically connected, and we don't need social networking sites or forums to get to know one another. You could get a general idea of what somebody is like before approaching them, sort of like looking them up on Facebook first :tongue:. It would be nice to know if somebody had an ego the size of the moon, or valued trust and dedication over everything else. It would also be nice to know if someone was single, straight, divorced, going through drama, what have you.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I need to read the indepth analysis for each personality type still. I read a general overview of all of them, and I'm trying to figure out what some of the major people in my life are. I believe my mom is also an ISFP, as we're extremely similar (sometimes it's creepy). I also believe my sister is an ESTP, a very outgoing people-person who doesn't typically pay attention to the rules. Still trying to pinpoint what the Big Bad Ex was.
I know the types quite well and sometimes still have trouble. I think when typing others you can never be certain because they might project an image that isn't accurate to their true selves.

I often dream of a world where people are just automatically connected, and we don't need social networking sites or forums to get to know one another. You could get a general idea of what somebody is like before approaching them, sort of like looking them up on Facebook first :tongue:. It would be nice to know if somebody had an ego the size of the moon, or valued trust and dedication over everything else. It would also be nice to know if someone was single, straight, divorced, going through drama, what have you.
That sounds like a good idea in theory, but I think it would suck the fun out of getting to know people. Sometimes I look up people on Facebook who I've just met and it completely shatters my image of them. xD It's disappointing, but that's what I get for snooping around.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome! :) I'm also new to it all. :)

I don't actually have that many friends. I just finished high school but I was quite the loner until the final year. I'm still quite a big loner but not nearly as sad about it. I have a few friends who I see every now and again but that's about it. An ENTP, an ESFJ, an ENFP and an ESTX. None of them are in the same friend group. The ENTP Friend and the ESTX friend know each other and do get on though :)

My best friend would have to be my ESFX dad. I think he's ESFP but he's taken on the j role in the house since he and my INTJ mother divorced. My dad has always been there for me and is a complete gentleman. He's the only person who I find myself, able to fully trust.

How I met my other friends was simply luck,
The ENFP just sat beside me one day at lunch last year because she saw that I was alone and kept sitting beside me ever since.
The ENTP friend was someone who I met during Art class. She had so many stories to tell and I loved listening to all of them. She's my adventure buddy really. XD
My ESFJ friend was someone I met at an after school club. We went on a school trip with this club. She saw that I was alone and just invited me to hang with her during that trip. We were then put into some of the same classes 2 years later and became great pals.
The ESTX friend is someone I met this year at art :)

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I get along best with INFPs, ISFPs, and EXFPs. As far as where to meet them.. Idk, a bookstore, coffee shop, at the beach, music store... anywhere. I mean people of any type could have a vast array of interests. Laser tag. Bowling alley. Dog park.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I can get along with anyone who's on the same wavelength with me.
However, I've noticed that I'm overall more relaxed with introverts, especially with other ISFPs, INFPs, ISTPs and also with INFJs, ISFJs and INTPs in case we share a common ground. xxTJs are often the hardest ones for me to get closer with. Among extroverts I think I tend to like especially ENFPs and ESFPs.

Of course, it's not obvious that I get along with every fellow ISFPs, for example, or that I couldn't get along with an ESTJ or ENTJ. I don't want to make final judgments, these are only my guesses and perceptions in general.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts