Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I'm very confused about what personality type I would be, so I decided to ask your help. Also, please forgive me if I'm offending anyone with my answers -_-. I didn't do it on purpose... I'm kind of clueless, but I try not to be.

Something that I realized maybe it would be important for you guys to know: I daydream a lot, yet my decisions are never based on my daydreams (because they're just this: daydreams). My daydreams are basically stories, with complicated plots. Sometimes I try to write them, but I feel too embarrassed and nervous to do so.

I also edited this post a crapload of times, because I always found a grammar or spelling mistake, or something that could be improved.

And sorry for the tl;dr.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Unfortunately, I have very poor self-awareness, so I don't know who I truly am. All I know is that I'm not a Se dominant because my mind is usually off in space: I'm not aware of my surroundings at all. And even then, while I don't observe the environment around me, I'm a bit paranoid and keep doing the same to the people around me so I won't get hurt (I have a huge fear of rejection)

The fact I believe there should be a balance between thinking, feeling, the abstract and the concrete and that I should value my past experiences as much as external information (I'll be elaborating on this soon) and what people around me think or say doesn't help me much with my confusion. And as such, I try to be balanced, if it makes any sense. I'm under the impression this caused me to pretend to be a personality type I'm not.

I took some tests over at similarminds.com a couple of times, and got INFJ E6 (I agree with the E6 part, because one of the few things I'm aware about myself is that I'm the type who wants support and guidance, or else, I might feel lost) and a couple of times, INFP E6. But... Well, as I said, no self-awareness. Or maybe not enough self-awareness.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
It's probably a silly answer, but I simply want to be happy: I want to get a stable job so I can live comfortably (I'm not asking for loads of money), since you can't be happy without being able to pay your bills. And the job has to be something I at least don't hate doing it. In order to be happy, I would also need health, and to see those around me happy as well. And I do realize how corny this answer sounds XD.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I don't really know... Because I'm perfectionist as hell (I mean, look at how many times I edited this), and I always things could be better. Maybe the month where I took a course on teaching techniques involving games. The classes were fun, and I got to learn a lot more about my classmates. More than I had until then. And I've been taking said course for three years, lol.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
*Facepalms* Do you have half an hour here? I know full well I have nothing barely even resembling self-confidence, so it's easier to ask what doesn't make me feel inferior, lol. Because, honestly, most people are better than me in one way or another.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions?
While making everyone happy is freaking impossible, the closest I get to it, the better. If said decision doesn't involve other people, what sounds the most interesting and fun to me. ^^' Or sometimes (if it's a decision over something very superficial) the good and old "for the lulz", so I won't get bored.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I tend to be very bad on working on teams: I usually think I'm bad at everything and try not to interfere (or else, I might mess everything up). Which probably makes me come off as lazy. Working by myself means I'll be the only one who'll get in trouble when I screw everything up. Which will probably happen. So I tend to prefer working alone.

7) Describe for us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
...Anime events. Anime anime event. I'm not one who actively participates in these (because I'm very shy), but I'm content on seeing people having fun: their outfits, listening to the music shows, sometimes participating in drawing contests (and always losing -_-'). Things like that.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I try to memorize, but I can only memorize if I understand and care about what I'm memorizing. Otherwise, the new knowledge will be meaningless, and I'll forget it soon.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm the messiest person ever since messy was invented.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I believe both are valid. Understanding the principles behind to see if they make sense is important, but finding evidence from other people is just as importance. Because the way I interpret things might be wrong, so it's safer if you see what other people think, right?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Both. I can't be comfortable if people aren't doing fine (I'll feel guilty) but I would rather be myself. Even though I suspect I'm doing a very bad job at it, and it's not like I know who I am, anymore.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Usually, I try to think before I speak, because otherwise, I'll be a jerk and offend people. I don't want that to happen. I normally think so much before I speak that by the time I speak, my words no longer mean much. As in, what I wanted to say was already said, and worded far better. As for one-on-one communication or group discussions, I'm leaning toward one-on-one, if only because I tend to get lost during group discussions. I don't know what I should pay attention to. So I try to pay attention to everything and... OMG, INFORMATION OVERLOAD.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I tend to do very stupid things if I jump into action right away, so I do my best to think and learn where I'm jumping before I leap. Or else. Seriously, bad things happen when I act by impulse: it usually gets me and other people hurt. But I tend to think too much before acting, and it's normally too late to do anything.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
This is so unlikely to happen that I would probably go, for a change of pace, lol. I mean, I don't go out a lot. Different things are fun once in a while, right?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get very snappy and (I believe it happens to most people) often I get physically ill. I got physically sick when I thought I wouldn't be able to finish my end of term paper. Stressed out Ana is usually snappy Ana, and snappy Ana is bitchy Ana.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I'm an emotional person, who gets hurt easily... Yet I think acting TOO emotional or TOO logical bothers me. Using your head is important, completely ignoring people's feelings will probably get others hurt. And following your heart is important, but not using your head might lead to bad decisions. Forgive me if it sounds as if I were bashing those who prefer emotions over logic and vice-versa. I respect that... What it bothers me is when one or the other is ignored completely. Does it make any sense? And forgive me if I'm offending anyone.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Anime and manga, and also video games (-_-' I'm feeling like a weaboo here). Specially the characters. What really makes me like an anime, manga or video game are the characters. If I can't relate with them, it can have the best plot in the world: I won't like it.

I played many MMORPGs, but I couldn't stick to any of them because I value character development and plot over gameplay. It doesn't need to be an awesome story, it just need to reach my feelings. Something I relate to, or remind me of another game I played, when I was younger.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I don't care much about new fashion styles, and make up. If only because I like to be comfortable, and I'm allergic to most make up. People assuming I'm masculine because of it piss me off.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't have much friends. I used to, but only online. I get very nervous when approaching people, and can't start conversations with them. If they don't start conversations with me either, we don't talk at all... And eventually, we stop being friends. It's not like I stop caring about them, is that I don't know what to talk about with them.

As for the answer to this question, most people see me as someone shy and not very self-confident, which (the answers to most questions make it pretty obvious) is a correct impression they have of me. Some also say I'm emotional, get hurt easily and pretty darn sentimental (pretty much everything touches my feelings) which are also correct.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Call me strange, but I like riding buses and cars while listening to my MP3 player (I tend to prefer listening to songs from soundtracks of series I have watched and games I have played, plus Vocaloids). Not driving, but riding. It's one of the few occasions I actually pay attention to my surroundings, probably because they're new to me, lol.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Si, Fe, Ti, Ne? isfj?
but you're quite indecisive for a j... so i dont know.
my best guess anyway is ISFJ. good luck with the typing :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
ISFJ Enneatype 6. Yepperz.

Reactions: risingdreamer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, ISFJ? I think I kind of fit the description, except when I'm too hot-headed\impulsive... Even though these are qualities I dislike.

·
Registered
392 Posts
First instinct was INFJ, but as I read further, I changed my guess to INFP. Strong F, day-dreamy...yeah, first F and then N. I say you're an INFP.

·
Registered
680 Posts
lol if id be so confused after all of the conflicting responses on this thread xDD

Reactions: zenity

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of balance between T and F, and pretty much zero Fi. Your perception seems very inward-directed as well. There's many pointers towards possible inferior Se, so INFJ is certainly possible, but the way you talked about getting sick over a term paper really sounds like Si at work. Do you relate to the descriptions of inferior Ne here or inferior Se here?

You've got a naturally very stong superego going on. I think Enneatype 6 looks reasonable.

·
Registered
680 Posts
you just dont sound like an INFP at all. its just a gut feeling, but you're much too calm and grounded despite the daydreaming. when you speak/write, it doesnt solund as "wavy" i guess, as an INFP? ive noticed that INFPs have peaks and troughs when they speak

Reactions: zenity

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm seeing a lot of balance between T and F, and pretty much zero Fi. Your perception seems very inward-directed as well. There's many pointers towards possible inferior Se, so INFJ is certainly possible, but the way you talked about getting sick over a term paper really sounds like Si at work. Do you relate to the descriptions of inferior Ne here or inferior Se here?

You've got a naturally very stong superego going on. I think Enneatype 6 looks reasonable.
Both, but slightly more inferior.

Have you taken the test at humanmetrics.com?
Yes, my result was INFJ as well.

Something that I didn't mention in my answers is how I'm emotional, but I may have trouble talking or demonstrating feelings. Birthdays are a living hell to me. I just don't know how to congratulate people. Does this change anything?

I wonder if I'm an F trying to be a T?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Something that I didn't mention in my answers is how I'm emotional, but I may have trouble talking or demonstrating feelings. Birthdays are a living hell to me. I just don't know how to congratulate people. Does this change anything?
No, I have the same problem. With me it's a perfectionism thing. I hate saying or doing the same banal things everyone thinks they're supposed to say or do, which easily becomes not doing or saying much of anything. It's not for lack of caring; it may in fact be for too much caring and not seeing an adequate way to demonstrate how much you care or want to care.

·
Registered
139 Posts

I wonder if I'm an F trying to be a T?
I think knowing how to handle social encounters is more of an experience thing. Our functions might drive us to experiences that we're more inclined to, so an Fe-dom will probably develop social skills related to appropriateness and group-directed valuations early just because they're more inclined to want to be around people and interact with them, but they probably don't have magic Fe-dom circuitry that makes them breeze through social encounters.

So people in general can be less developed in particular functions like Extraverted Feeling due to lack of experience, still inclinced to process using that function thanks to functional role development, and lack a bit of confidence using that function until it's strengthened appropriately through experience.

By the same token, emotions are something everyone has. In some situations Thinkers will appear even more emotional than Feelers since they may not have as much practice handling their emotions appropriately. So you can't really go on emotionality as an indicator of type.

If you relate equally to the inferior Ne and inferior Se descriptions, you might be too young or not in a good enough place mentally to figure out your type just yet, or it could be that neither of them really describes you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think knowing how to handle social encounters is more of an experience thing. Our functions might drive us to experiences that we're more inclined to, so an Fe-dom will probably develop social skills related to appropriateness and group-directed valuations early just because they're more inclined to want to be around people and interact with them, but they probably don't have magic Fe-dom circuitry that makes them breeze through social encounters.

So people in general can be less developed in particular functions like Extraverted Feeling due to lack of experience, still inclinced to process using that function thanks to functional role development, and lack a bit of confidence using that function until it's strengthened appropriately through experience.

By the same token, emotions are something everyone has. In some situations Thinkers will appear even more emotional than Feelers since they may not have as much practice handling their emotions appropriately. So you can't really go on emotionality as an indicator of type.

If you relate equally to the inferior Ne and inferior Se descriptions, you might be too young or not in a good enough place mentally to figure out your type just yet, or it could be that neither of them really describes you.
My mind is a bit of a mess right now, so yeah. I may have to read the description again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My mind is a bit of a mess right now, so yeah. I may have to read the description again.
Ack, sorry for the brusqeueness of the last post! I was running out the door when I wrote it.

There's no need to rush to type! If you're feeling stressed out or confused, the individual type forums are a good place to hang out and get a better feel for the different types. Sometimes it's easier to learn through osmosis.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Perhaps you could try this test?

It worked well for me since I used to sometimes type as INTP
I got INTP. Some of the description actually fits me, but...

Ack, sorry for the brusqeueness of the last post! I was running out the door when I wrote it.

There's no need to rush to type! If you're feeling stressed out or confused, the individual type forums are a good place to hang out and get a better feel for the different types. Sometimes it's easier to learn through osmosis.
It's alright!

And I'll take a look at the individual forums.

I'm also considering answering the new questionaire. I wonder if I should do so?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts