Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. So...I introduced myself on this website as an INFJ. It now seems that I'm not an INFJ, after all. How embarrassing. :blushed:

Once I was sure I was a P, rather than a J, I looked into INFP. It's still possible that I am an INFP, but for various reasons, I don't think so.

I took a cognitive processes test, and mine are Ne, Fi, Te, Si, in that order. So...ENFP. Startling discovery for me, as I am in fact a very shy person. I do have a theory about the whole thing, though. I mean, I've always been very shy, but when I was younger, I was a lot more ENFP-ish. Something really terrible and traumatic happened to me when I was 12...and then something else in my mid to late teens. I think they kinda broke me, to be honest...I became untrusting and sort of afraid of people and withdrew to the extreme, broke off a lot of contacts...until recently. I've been getting a little better recently and have been seeming a bit more like my old self.

So, here I am, a possible shy ENFP. Not sure about it, but I'm trying it out. Maybe hanging out with you guys will bring out some good things in me. :happy:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have order in my room so I'v allways think that I'm J but I'm totally P:)!! So You can have many J things but dominant letter that you have may be P-That depend of-if you prefer to be P.
:) If you like everything laid back , late at appointments, don't feel need to live in order, etc -probably you're P!!

ENFP are weird becouse they're simultaneously shy and brave.

UI was shy very long, but when I get self confidence I become to be very direct and don't shy!!

I think You can be ENFP-but are you sure you are not INFP?? You feel that you need permament contact with people, love people-you must talking long with someone every day,but you need be alone too-this is E in ENFP( but if you don't feel comfortable in some group of people you can be so quiet and stiff) , but If you don't like crowd, you live more in your own world, and prefer to live with small group of real friends than have many non-obligation acquaintances-you may be INFP:p.

But I believe that this terrible thing from past could smothered your ENFP-If you would like to be ENFP and ENFPs characteristic and life - not cruch you so find your inside power and bring it back:)!! Be like you really are!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome welcome.

I had a shy phase as well after high school where I mistyped as INFP. It too was connected to some little instances to trauma and whatnot, but I managed to pull out of it after a few years. For me, it mostly just came down to the realisation that I not only love people, but that I like them too. When it came down to it, sure negative things can come from interacting with people, but on an individual basis you can never be sure that an interaction will sour, so there's never really a reason to not act in a people-positive way, eh? Well, so I say.

Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: dejavu

·
Registered
627 Posts
I used to test how I wanted to be and not how I really was. I would come up ENTP or INTP. It took me a long time to come to grips with my 'F'. It's possible that you might be doing similar with your J/P tendencies.

FWIW I have fully embraced my 'F' and doing so was an epiphany of sorts in terms of my self-confidence and awareness of the world around me.

Search your soul for what you really truly are and love it! There's no right or wrong personality as long as it's true to yourself.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
It is good to take all tests with a grain of salt as even the cognitive functions tests can give types that are off :crazy:
But welcome, (could-be) ENFP.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to test how I wanted to be and not how I really was. I would come up ENTP or INTP. It took me a long time to come to grips with my 'F'. It's possible that you might be doing similar with your J/P tendencies.

FWIW I have fully embraced my 'F' and doing so was an epiphany of sorts in terms of my self-confidence and awareness of the world around me.

Search your soul for what you really truly are and love it! There's no right or wrong personality as long as it's true to yourself.
You have a good point about testing how you want to be, rather than how you really are. I know that's what happened to me when testing P and J. I was raised by two Js who encouraged those tendencies, and to be honest, whenever I do test, I'm always very close to the line on that one. Naturally I am a P, though...I'm becoming more sure of that. I'm not a planner or an organizer and I have always been described as very easy going and adaptable, always the one to go with the flow. I'm very indecisive and do tend to keep my options open for as long as possible. I make rough plans, but not detailed ones. The only Judging thing that really seems to fit me is that I am always on time to things, but that's because my mother never was and it drove me crazy (yeah, that's weird because she's a J, but it's because she tries to fit a million things into her day.)

As for the introvert versus extrovert thing, I'm still not sure. I posted in another thread about it where I explained the things that make me wonder. Copypasted:
"I have noticed that I get energized by being around people. I have even noticed that I get a little bummed out at social events when I have to leave early because the rest of my group is going...though at the same time, I feel more comfortable and at ease while I am by myself. I get very frustrated that I'm not as good at fitting in socially and connecting with people as I'd like to be. If I spend too much time alone, I get depressed, less energetic, make less of an effort in everyday life, etc...and when I do find a person to talk to, I suddenly can't stop talking because I need to share all of my ideas. It's like the whole time I'm alone, I'm keeping track of all the things I need to share with somebody."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts