Personality Cafe banner

hello ESFPs :)

[ESFP] 
Tags
esfps
5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Fat Bozo 
#1 ·
I always score INFP on the regular tests, but have gotten ESFP and ENFP on the functions tests so I'm confused about my type.. when asked on here, I was told I seemed like an ESFP because of my high impulsiveness, desire to always meet new people (but then getting bored of them quickly) and such.

Can any ESFPs tell me about their selves just to see if we relate? How do you view the world, your interests, anything that commonly makes up an ESFP. I figure it will be more accurate than the articles, which I never relate to (don't here and didn't as an INFP..)

Thanks! and even if I'm really an INFP its still nice hearing from you all, theres so little ESFPs around here :(

#2 ·
Hi my name is Dan, I'm the resident esfp.

Last night I just got done drinking,smoking weed, taking ecstasy, and snorting then free basing cocaine for my long time friend, tommy's birthday. I then took an oxycotin to go to sleep after partying till 5 in the morning. I have an addictive personality.

I use to be a shy little nice boy in a high gang violence area until my sophomore year of high school where I became extremely popular. Probably because I had a car. Also the fact that I joined a local gang helped. I started meeting people and realized that I was actually very comfortable talking to anyone, making them laugh, or holding interesting conversations for hours. I have been accused of being a smooth talker and a flirt.

I have a wide variety of friends, my ghetto friends call me white washed. My white friends call me ghetto and think I'm hood. I'm friends with ******** and hippies and hipsters,gangsters, clubbers, ravers, scene kids, emo boys and girls, metal heads, screamo crowd, nerds, gamers, frat boys and who ever. I have very book intelligent friends who will eventually probably either be really successful in their careers or are successful with their education. I have very street smart friends who make a killing off selling drugs in my home town but will probably never stop to do anything else. I'm accepting of everyone, but at times I can be pretty stubborn about talking to someone who I think is a loser, or socially awkward. Although I don't let off that I can be so judgmental sometimes because I like to think that I use to be pretty awkward, and I guess its kind of hypocritical to go against my own kind. (shallow much?)

I don't get bored of people, I'm genuinely interested in the people I choose to talk to and would like to stay friends as long as possible. Its just that I can't be fucked with people who have no interest in keeping in touch. They can complain that I don't talk to them as much as they want, but often the people who do complain haven't reached out to me as much as I have to them, so they can fuck off.

I've always felt like a chameleon with my friends, I usually take on the vernacular of the group of friends that I am hanging out with at the time. Each of my group of friends have a very different view of me because not any one group knows all the different sides of myself. My small town white friends from Oklahoma, in the town I live at now, really have no idea how different life back home for me is compared to life where I am now. Last night was a reminder of that for myself.

I'm interested in business because I know I am a people person. I am a good improviser and can use my abilities to quickly diffuse most situations, or get out of trouble without sweating it.

I have a deep emotional side that I only let girls see (girl friends ex girlfriends and friends who are girls). I care about my friends and family so much that often I cry about the strife that they go through. I go through a roller coaster of ups and downs on any given day because I'm depressed and often dream and write about suicide. I am also happy, because I have great friends and I love my family, and nothing is going to stop me from taking care of my friends and family.

Oh and I hate being alone the most out of anything else in the world. When I'm alone is when I'm the most depressed.

Reactions: starfruit
#6 ·
I use to be pretty socially awkward too and sometimes I still can be. I actually find socially awkward girls to be really cute. Its just that they have a hard time talking to me, and I don't make an effort for people who don't seem to want to make an effort with me. I have an INFP friend who is pretty awkward but she got the courage to come talk to me, and now she comes to me for advice about people and we use to talk all the time until she betrayed my trust.

Also you have to remember that everyone is different and that you may not find any one personality to relate with. There are many people I know who seem to be able to relate to different parts of many of the Myers brigs types. Not everyone is set in stone and people can change.

Reactions: starfruit
#10 ·
i love people and having fun. i'm really friendly. i love to party. like talon235, i like to get really fucked up. i love smoking weed and drinking way too much. i pretty much go with the flow all the time. i love trying new things. i like excitement. im really impulsive and i have a quick temper. i have a story for everything. people seem kind of drawn to me; i get along with basically everyone. i'm also actually really sensitive and i keep myself guarded. again, like talon235 i have a lot of mood swings. i'm rageful and i can be overly euphoric. not many people know what i really feel at any given time unless it's angry or happy. i also have a really addictive personality. i obsess about things. i go all the way on everything. if i'm drinking, i can't have a drink or two. i need to be plastered. i'm not very shy, but i'm a lot more insecure than i let on.

#13 ·
I'm not 100% certain that I am an ESFP, though, if we are going by functions, then I most definitely am an ESFP. I don't know - I really don't want to have a label put on me at the moment, so I just stick to 'Unknown' - but ESFP seems pretty likely.

Anyways, I can relate to a lot of what the others said. However, there are some things I cannot relate to.

Growing up I was always this sweet little shy girl that everybody loved. I was very insecure, and I let it show; I was also a people-pleaser, and I mostly wanted to please my family, which meant that I had to be home pretty much 24/7 and following their orders. All I can remember from my teenage (middle school/high school) years was that I was my happiest when I was with people and put into an action-filled environment; however, I had no confidence in myself - and a lot of this had to do with my home environment. Honestly, I spent a lot of my teen years feeling depressed because I so desperately wanted to be the girl going to those parties and having a good time, but at the same time I didn't want to disappoint my family... so I chose to please my family, rather than go out and try making friends. I always got along with everybody. People always seemed to love me, and I loved being around just about everybody - but there was no interaction outside of school, which made it hard for me to develop long-term friendships. The few times I did get to go out and have fun, I felt my confidence increase a tad bit and my state of depression disappeared... until I went home, and then it was back.

It wasn't until I hit the age of 17-18 that I really developed confidence in myself. I am 21 now, and there is certainly a lot of improvement still needed on my part; nonetheless, I am nowhere near as shy and insecure as I was 5-6 years ago. I have pretty much stopped listening to my family as much, and I do my own thing for the most part. I love to talk to people, and I can pretty much talk to anybody. The only thing I find difficult is one-on-one conversations and stuff. I would much rather be with a variety of people, rather than just one person.

Yes, I prefer being out with people and having a good time. I really hate being indoors and/or not around people having fun. However, I think that if I am an ESFP I have already developed a strong sense of inner stability and maturity. I have a pretty well developed Te (the tertiary function of an ESFP, which, if I am remembering correctly, usually doesn't develop until a person is in their 30s or something). I think my 'maturity' has a lot to do with how I was raised. I grew up before it was my time - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I still wish I had gotten to live my teenage life like a proper teen.

I can't relate to smoking weed. In fact, I have never smoked anything and I do not plan on it. I have been offered so many times, and I have turned it down each and every time. It's just not right, and I know I can still have fun without it - I guess this is my Fi speaking right here? :crazy: Drinking is something I would like to say I don't do, but I do. It's not something I do often, but I do drink on occasion. I spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night drinking - going bar hopping with some friends and whatnot. I should have stopped drinking a lot sooner than I did - Saturday night in particular - but I was having so much fun that I didn't really care about what might happen later, I just wanted to continue having fun (and I guess this is the dominant Se speaking here, hehe).

I also have a tendency to flirt quite a bit. Half the time I don't even realize that I'm flirting, people just mistake my overly-friendliness for flirting. Haha.

People think I am so confident. On the outside I am - I am not going to let people see my insecurities like I did when I was younger; however, I still do have some insecurities that I am working on. Nobody knows it but me, though.

But yeah. It's very possible that I am an ESFP, but I guess I'm a somewhat matured one or something? :unsure:

#14 ·
however, I had no confidence in myself - and a lot of this had to do with my home environment.
I actually face the same situation, my self confidence is still not very good because of my home environment. I use to be pretty flirtatious without knowing it either. I use to have some of my guy friends really angry at me because they thought I was trying to get with their girlfriend behind their backs, but in all honesty I didn't see why anyone would be attracted to me.

Yes, I prefer being out with people and having a good time. I really hate being indoors and/or not around people having fun. However, I think that if I am an ESFP I have already developed a strong sense of inner stability and maturity.
Nights like the one I had before I save now for special occasions. I try my hardest not to live that life while I'm here going to school. Unlike you though, when I was younger I chose to go against my family, and ignore the horror story as long as possible by staying out all the time. I choose now to try to be mature by doing my best to take care of my younger siblings financially and that is my motivation to lead a more responsible life.

Reactions: Aerorobyn
#15 ·
I'm Anna, the Borderline introvert 33% calculate side of the ESFP.

• Artist, introspective, designer, expensive taste, elitist
  • indulgent: probably eat too much, have sex too much, when i drink i really drink (oh shit russian genes)
  • Socially INSANELY aware. obsessed with myersbriggs and analyzing personality types, tryinig to get into the shoes of everyone i meet so i can make them more comfortable.
  • very poltically correct and never want to offend. would sacrifice my beliefs for your comfort level. make friends super easy because of this slightly submissive attitude (although nobody'd type me to be a push over).
  • senstive, emotional, a total sap in private (chickflicks, romantic songs and all..) but would never admt to it if opportunity presented itself. i only recently started admtting to my boyfriend that i enjoy romantic gestures, been dating 2 years. initally you can't win my affections with romantc dinners and etc..
  • VERY risky - have been known to have excellent luck. got into strangers' cars, cross streets without looking, random spontaneous acts that thrill me and yet, here ii am safe and sound.
  • ATTENTION WHORE. What more can i say...

#17 ·
I don't drink alcohol or smoke weed.

starfruit, what do you want to know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.