Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here but I am definitely not new to MBTI. I took MBTI 9 years ago in my first college and I got INTP. However, I found the description for INTP does not fit me well, so I took several unofficial tests in the internet and got mostly INTJ, INFP, or recently, INFJ.

I am here to find out who I am since I cannot afford to take the official test (I don't really think it's worth it, I mean you have to pay for a personality test?). Can you guys figure out my real personality type? I will tell my life story here (I know it will be TLDR).

I used to be very sensitive when I was a child until I learned to hide my sensitivity from other people. Petty things such as slights and remarks would upset me so much that I thought controlling my environment would make me feel better. I am not a people pleaser but when I think someone dislikes me for some reason unbeknownst to me, I would ruminate about that person and why would he/she dislike me. This feeling used to be stronger in the past and as I grew up, I began to care less but that feeling is still there. Yes, I am not a people pleaser but I don't like confrontations with other people.

I am definitely a big-picture thinker. I hate details unless they are necessary pieces to be put for a clearer, bigger picture. I find it easy to understand an idea when it is visualized in my own mind. I frequently find myself "swallowing" entire chunks of information in my head as long as I know where one "node" of tidbit is connected to another "node" without checking what's in between (you get what I mean?). I hate information that is redundant and is devoid of symbolic meaning or essence. This is why I hated elementary school where teachers put more emphasis on memorization without understanding. When a sense of understanding finally comes to my mind, it is an a-ha moment for me.

I am also a very slow thinker. I want to see both (or ALL) sides of an equation before reaching a decision or conclusion. I hate being rushed because I don't want to miss reaching a better understanding. Ideally, I want to reach the best (subjectively speaking) perspective and this takes a long time. I feel this is an Achilles' Heel in real-life decision-making because it often cause a narrow-vision and I just let various opportunities fly over my head.

I am not a very creative thinker but I am open to all possibilities of doing something. When something is possible, the closer it is to reaching an ideal result. I am always about the ideal result of doing something. It is not about the ideal way of doing something but the effective way of doing something to reach that ideal (subjectively speaking) result or goal.

I find that spirituality is the most important thing for me right now. I don't want to subscribe to a religion because religions are flawed human institutions anyway. However, major aspects Buddhist teachings rather resonate to me on a deeper level. I am still unsure whether to believe that there is no soul but the concept of karma I find profound and sensible. It is not karma, in a sense that you do something good so it will benefit you, but more as a result of an action or a deed. I believe incorporating the concept of Buddhist karma into my day to day ethics will improve me as a person.

That's all for now. I hope I get to learn from you folks while sharing my deep thoughts. I think this is the only place in the world where I can do that.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Wall of text right in the intro.

According to what you said above, I would type you as INFP as I recognise some of what is coming from you wall of text. Try reading up on the the fuctions, if you have not already done so that might clarify some things for you.
If you are an INFP then your function stack is Fi Ne Si Te.

welcome and have fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wall of text right in the intro.

According to what you said above, I would type you as INFP as I recognise some of what is coming from you wall of text. Try reading up on the the fuctions, if you have not already done so that might clarify some things for you.
If you are an INFP then your function stack is Fi Ne Si Te.

welcome and have fun.
Interesting. So that makes Introverted Feeling (Fi) my dominant function. Yes I have personal values and I use them to assess every situation I am in, but these values are formed from a combination of observation, experience and contemplation. I am still learning thus I am not the most ethical person around because I am also very pragmatic. I believe in doing good because it produce good results, not for the sake of doing good or reaping those results for myself. I still don't understand Extroverted Intuition (Ne) so I have a hard time putting my personal experiences in congruence to the definition of Ne. As for Extraverted Thinking (Te) as a shadow function, I actually enjoy making plans, graphs and other logical processes, so long as the goal is clear and benefits something in the long run. I don't find Extraverted Thinking intimidating and draining to use. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts