Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so i have tested myself lately in different places and in different moods and at different times, and it seems that ISTP is my real personality, before that i was (test results) ISFP, some things are pretty true about it, like the artistic bent and all that creativity, but im not much of an emotional guy, and i don't smell flowers all day (though i have some plants in my home).
I have read a lot about ISTP personality and it seems, that it resonates with me a lot, i find that i am pretty aloof, i like doing more than talking and i like mastering tools and machines. At the moment im not working, quit my job about two months ago, and i really would like to become an entrepreneur myself one day, be self-sufficient. I make music with my computer and i like computers and music software, so these are the tools that im probably trying to master right now hehe. Im single, if anyone cares about that :crazy: , been single for a pretty long time now and have spent most of my time alone and dealing with my hobbies and banging my head against the wall. Probably i will be dwelling on this forum and of course try to participate and talk as much as possible, cause we all need to connect and discuss, find our true selves and make the best of our lives by communicating. Feel free to correct my English, since it's my second language, but lately it really seems, like it's my mother language :cool:

If anyone here is interested in my music, then you can listen to it on my SC page ( i had to do that :crazy: )

Cosmithex - Tracks - SoundCloud

Peace to all ISTP-s out here !

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Have you considered ISFJ? Just curious.

PS: I like the music! A long ass time ago I used to mix ambient techno and post it on newgrounds.com. under the name "carcase".

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you considered ISFJ? Just curious.

PS: I like the music! A long ass time ago I used to mix ambient techno and post it on newgrounds.com. under the name "carcase".

YouTube - Arendee - Halcyon Genisis
I haven't really considered it, this shit is actually confusing, i think im somekind of a 17th type in MBTI :crazy:

i get different results often, i tend to change my mind after i have done or said something, strange. Introversion is a sure thing, i think a lot too and im not very judging person and dwell between intuitiion and thinking ... INTP ? :laughing: , fucks sake tomorrow i will be OFSK or whatever, maybe UKPS :crazy:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Everytime someone says they're torn between ISTP or ISFP, I point them toward ISFJ. You could also be INFJ as they're notorious for not know anything about themselves. In any case its up to you. Perhaps if you read the descriptions and choose which one you like the most, not which one you think you fit, that would be you? That's at least how I found ISTP. I thought it was way too cool for me to be. Self esteem issues I guess.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sanity, I liked these two online tests:

Discordia

Duniho & Duniho

No test is going to be 100% accurate, and it's always going to depend on your mood, what's happening around you, etc. But of all the tests, I found those two to be more to my liking - they don't use the typical questions, and the second link goes into your 8 functions and a deeper analysis of your results, which I liked a lot.

It could take you a long while to nail down your type, but don't worry about it.

And welcome!

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Howdy stranger.
Your Avatar is a picture by Salvador Dali. I wonder how many people here knew that? Do you know who is the artist that drew the picture I'm using?
Typically ISTPs don't stick around here very long, a few of us have, but most pop in, drop off a few questions, give a few answers and then disappear.

Hi, so i have tested myself lately in different places and in different moods and at different times, and it seems that ISTP is my real personality, before that i was (test results) ISFP, some things are pretty true about it, like the artistic bent and all that creativity, but im not much of an emotional guy, and i don't smell flowers all day (though i have some plants in my home).
I have read a lot about ISTP personality and it seems, that it resonates with me a lot, i find that i am pretty aloof, i like doing more than talking and i like mastering tools and machines. At the moment im not working, quit my job about two months ago, and i really would like to become an entrepreneur myself one day, be self-sufficient. I make music with my computer and i like computers and music software, so these are the tools that im probably trying to master right now hehe. Im single, if anyone cares about that :crazy: , been single for a pretty long time now and have spent most of my time alone and dealing with my hobbies and banging my head against the wall. Probably i will be dwelling on this forum and of course try to participate and talk as much as possible, cause we all need to connect and discuss, find our true selves and make the best of our lives by communicating. Feel free to correct my English, since it's my second language, but lately it really seems, like it's my mother language :cool:

If anyone here is interested in my music, then you can listen to it on my SC page ( i had to do that :crazy: )

Cosmithex - Tracks - SoundCloud

Peace to all ISTP-s out here !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i know, Persistence of Memory if im correct. I don't know the artist of your avatar pic, but i have seen it on the internet, it's pretty mindbending. Now what comes to sticking around, i guess it's just a matter of time really, i won't be on this forum forever really, just like you and everybody else. I might and i might not stick around, we'll see about that, i have my times, when i get lost completely, and then come back again, at the moment im observing and trying to participate too, as much as possible.

@ chiagirl - thanks for the links, i tested ISTP in the first one, i liked the questions, they are indeed better than thos typical ones, and i was in a pretty normal mood when taking this test, maybe a bit hyped up because of two coffees i had before :laughing:
I'll try to take the other test too, that one is long as hell.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Out of curiosity, even though I'm hijacking this thread.

Since I score ISTP/J majority of the time (indicating that P and J are both pretty much equal for most part), does that mean that they sort of cancel each other out, are counterproductive or preventing each other from working to their fullest or is there the option of a person excelling in both sides if on the edge of a letter?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, feel free to hijack this thread Erbse, this thread is open for hijacking for everybody. Just make sure you don't crash.

That other test is pretty good indeed, im on it right now, my brains are already fried.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
pretty sure that's Escher.

You're welcome for the links - the long-ass second link IS good, it just takes a lot of time to get through.
M.C. Escher!
His wife's name was Jetta, kind of reminds me of a certain German car.

His art/works were on display here at the Crocker Art Museum (Sacramento) a few years ago. And of course I went and saw it, enjoyed it thoroughly.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Out of curiosity, even though I'm hijacking this thread.

Since I score ISTP/J majority of the time (indicating that P and J are both pretty much equal for most part), does that mean that they sort of cancel each other out, are counterproductive or preventing each other from working to their fullest or is there the option of a person excelling in both sides if on the edge of a letter?
It means you have highly developed Ni and Fe, which help you follow through on things and think about the future.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
It means you have highly developed Ni and Fe, which help you follow through on things and think about the future.
As long as thinking means not necessarily caring about it other than for the sake of theorycrafting I can accept that answer due to its accuracy in regards to me. :proud:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Your Avatar is a picture by Salvador Dali. I wonder how many people here knew that.
Me! Haha, I was going to say kudos to Sanity for the Dali avatar. I do admire his melting clocks, but sometimes Surrealism is a little too much for me.

And welcome!

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I'm totally not an artsy guy and am about as clueless about the topic anyone could be, for some reason I look at Dali's stuff and it's just great. My Mom used to have several pictures of him, one of which I'll never forget for having grabbed my attention quite a decent bit when I was a child. Even now I could somehow spend hours just looking at it. I don't know what it is, but it's very intriguing.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
More of a fan of the Impressionists myself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Abstract art is good, but im not a big fan of it, i like spacey and futuristic wallpapers on my desktop.

As for the two tests chiagirl sent me, i got both ISTP's, so i guess my feeling side is asleep and my thinking side has awaken more. Though im not a hardcore skydive or racing car fan, i surely would like a bicycle for myself one day hehe.

Edit: Changed my avatar for good now, i will be a decent boy for a while now.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Abstract art is good, but im not a big fan of it, i like spacey and futuristic wallpapers on my desktop.

As for the two tests chiagirl sent me, i got both ISTP's, so i guess my feeling side is asleep and my thinking side has awaken more. Though im not a hardcore skydive or racing car fan, i surely would like a bicycle for myself one day hehe.

Edit: Changed my avatar for good now, i will be a decent boy for a while now.
Ten characters.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts