Personality Cafe banner

Hello from a shy ENFP!

823 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Norse Gods and Peaches
Hello!

I'm actually a returning member who used to post here under a different name a few years ago. I came back to try to better understand myself, meet new people with similar interests, and start from scratch. For a solid decade I thought I was ISFP—that is, before I started learning about cognitive functions. After reading about and exploring a variety of types, I'm now 95% sure that I'm a shy/socially anxious ENFP.

So, hi! Nice to meet you all! I'm looking forward to chatting with you!
Reactions: 1
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Hello there 🙂
I am actually in the same boat really. Returning member but I feel like an entirely different person to be honest. The very first time I took an MBTI test I scored as the wonderful INTJ. Indeed I feel much less in common with true INTJs. I scored as ISTJ the second time and figured myself to be an INFJ after some reading. Thar was years ago. But oh well, cheers to our ever evolving identities 🙂
See less See more
Reactions: 3
I get that! :) I've thought I was an INFP for years now, but now I'm reconsidering. Still haven't figured it out exactly, but I think as we grow and evolve we're bound to recognize ourselves more!
I get that! :) I've thought I was an INFP for years now, but now I'm reconsidering. Still haven't figured it out exactly, but I think as we grow and evolve we're bound to recognize ourselves more!
I completely agree—it's kind of exciting in a way, isn't it? :)

Hello there 🙂
I am actually in the same boat really. Returning member but I feel like an entirely different person to be honest. The very first time I took an MBTI test I scored as the wonderful INTJ. Indeed I feel much less in common with true INTJs. I scored as ISTJ the second time and figured myself to be an INFJ after some reading. Thar was years ago. But oh well, cheers to our ever evolving identities 🙂
Cheers to that! :)
See less See more
@Norse Gods and Peaches

WELCOME!

Us Ne doms need to stick together! We're considered among the most: "...Introverted of the extroverts," so there's a reason why you might consider yourself an introverted type for many years. I find myself socially ambiverted most of the time. Some days I crave being around people, others, I hide in my cave like a hermit. I like your title. The juxtaposed imagery it evokes is interesting to say the least. Tell us one thing about yourself that you are most proud of.
See less See more
Hi, welcome back! Your Profile name is adorable. It's pretty cool. Norse Gods & Peaches
Thank you for the welcome! It makes me silly happy that you guys like the name haha :)

Tell us one thing about yourself that you are most proud of.
It took me much longer than I'd like to admit to come up with an answer to that question. I guess I'm proud of my ability to stay amazed and enthused by the little things—an ENFP thing, maybe? :) A lot of people dismiss me as childish for it, but that's life, I suppose. I wouldn't have it any other way.
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Hellooo ~ welcome back! :biggrin::biggrin::glee::welcome::brocoli:
Hello there 🙂
Wellcooome to you too! ~ :joyous::brocoli:
See less See more
*pokes the shy enfp* you sure you arent a little infp? :3
Yes ;)

I did wonder though, because—me, an extraverted person? Who'd have thought! I eliminated the possibility of being INFP after digging deeper into the cognitive functions, though. ENFP really is the one that makes the most sense to me, in the end.
Thank you for the welcome! It makes me silly happy that you guys like the name haha :)

It took me much longer than I'd like to admit to come up with an answer to that question. I guess I'm proud of my ability to stay amazed and enthused by the little things—an ENFP thing, maybe? :) A lot of people dismiss me as childish for it, but that's life, I suppose. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I suspect is both a Ne thing and an ENFP thing. Enthusiasm is part of the air we breathe.
I always imagine an ENFP sort of like this:

Cg artwork Mythology Geological phenomenon Fictional character Dragon
See less See more
Welcome here Norse God's and Pea he's, why did you choose this username ?

Enjoy your return in Perc!
I suspect is both a Ne thing and an ENFP thing. Enthusiasm is part of the air we breathe.
I always imagine an ENFP sort of like this:

View attachment 833113
That picture is amazing xD It seems pretty accurate to me!

Welcome here Norse God's and Pea he's, why did you choose this username ?

Enjoy your return in Perc!
Thank you for the welcome! :) To be honest, there isn't any deep meaning to the name. I didn't really know what username to use when creating my account, so I sat there for a while, focusing on the music I had been listening to—Viking Age music. Then I started imagining Norse Gods dancing on a giant peach, like the one in Roald Dahl's story. I liked the image, so I decided to use that.
See less See more
Reactions: 2

Thank you for the welcome! :) To be honest, there isn't any deep meaning to the name. I didn't really know what username to use when creating my account, so I sat there for a while, focusing on the music I had been listening to—Viking Age music. Then I started imagining Norse Gods dancing on a giant peach, like the one in Roald Dahl's story. I liked the image, so I decided to use that.
Aha it's seems an interesting idea you got, thanks for sharing, well that sounds pretty awesome username I think !
See less See more

OMG! I totally remember "James and the Giant Peach"! My 4th grade teacher read it to my class! Of course, being a 5, I had to check the book out of the local library and read it myself so I would know what happened instead of waiting for her to finish...I don't know any Viking Age music. Any examples? I'm a quarter Swedish, so I come from the land of ice and snow...
See less See more
I don't know many bands, but I have become really fond of Danheim. Here are some examples:

Enjoy! :)
See less See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.