Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have been lurking PerC anonymously for quite a while since I begin my journey of self discovery as an INFP. It is really helpful because I realized we are not alone! Well, today I decided to introduce myself here :)

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings doublejar and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum doublejar. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
INFJ
11,607 Posts
Hi all! I have been lurking PerC anonymously for quite a while since I begin my journey of self discovery as an INFP. It is really helpful because I realized we are not alone! Well, today I decided to introduce myself here :)
Hello doublejar!

Welcome to this forum ;) full of INFPs (biggest faction here) so you will feel at home here hehe. If you have any questions just ask, I will try my best to help you.

Reactions: doublejar

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there! I am a new INFP too, nice to meet you :) What brought you to this site?
Hi Mallie! nice to meet you too! Hope you have a good time here :)

Well, I can say it all started from my multiple failed attempts and missed opportunities to form a romantic relationship. Asking myself why it didn't work was like opening a Russian Matryoshka doll. First it unveiled my social anxiety and depression. Then it uncovered my childhood memories. It was like time travelling, going back and forth between my present and my past looking for answers and recovering. Long story short, it led me to a quest of finding who I really am. It took about a year or two until I discovered my personality and tried to embrace my INFP-ness wholeheartedly.

Around that period I think I came across this forum a few times. I am really thankful to discover this site and read posts written by INFPs that I can relate to. That sense of belonging really makes a big difference.

In short, as cheesy as it sounds, it was a "search for love" that brought me here :p
How about you?

PS: Whoa I can't imagine I just posted this part of me on the Internet! >.< *hides under a blanket*

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thankyouu! I can tell that I will already hehe - to find more of our type!! Gahh!! Too exciting hehe

Awwwwuh, I'm sorry... That's just, that's too cute! It's not cheesy at all, it makes perfect sense! Oh and please don't feel embarrassed! Such an INFP kind of thing to do actually *beams, pulls corner of blanket up to find you*

I'm sorry to hear about your hardships, your social anxiety and depression. Glad that you have managed to find yourself, and work through that. Sounds like a bit of a long and painful process, I hope that time is over for you now. It also sounds like this was a kind of therapy for you? That's so nice to hear, especially since you've come out of the other side and know yourself better now, and can embrace who you are. I think, it's quite rare to find male INFPs? I think I read that in the premium profile somewhere. So it must have been tough, not having many others (if any!) to connect with.

So cool that you've made lots of like-minded friends on here now though! ^^

--Oh whoops, me haha. I actually came on here because I have recently become more interested in Myers Briggs since re-locating to another country (now I'm back home for a while). I made a really special friend over there, an INFJ, and never knew what a meaningful connection could be until then. We talked a lot about Myers Briggs personalities, read about each other and compared etc. I miss them terribly... And it got me wondering, where can I find more people like us? So I came online and looked it up hehe - and that search brought me here :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Mallie
Glad you didn't take the entire blanket away :D

Um yeah.. But I never regret my decision to walk through the process. Nothing is better than living an authentic life. I think I now regard almost everything I do as a kind of therapy haha. You're right! In real life I have only met two INFPs, and they are both females. I think even if I happened to encounter a male INFP we might both be unaware. We can be social chameleons at times.

--Oh whoops, me haha. I actually came on here because I have recently become more interested in Myers Briggs since re-locating to another country (now I'm back home for a while). I made a really special friend over there, an INFJ, and never knew what a meaningful connection could be until then. We talked a lot about Myers Briggs personalities, read about each other and compared etc. I miss them terribly... And it got me wondering, where can I find more people like us? So I came online and looked it up hehe - and that search brought me here :D
That sounds like a precious moment to have. I totally understand that meaningful connection! I had similar experience talking about MBTI with new classmates and we became close friends overnight it's magical. I hope you can still keep in touch with them despite being in two countries away.

You definitely come into the right place! As Lord of Transylvania said above it turned out people like us flock here :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haha! I would never do that, not when you're feeling vulnerable XD

I agree with the authentic life sentiment. Wow, I really like that attitude, everything you do like a kind of therapy... I'm inspired! Makes me want to live in a similar way haha. What kinds of things do you do to facilitate this? Do you meditate, journal? I'm not surprised you've only met female INFPs! The INFP being such a rare breed of human hahaha - I hope to make the acquaintance of one some day too hehe.

INFPs (and I think INFJs as well) seem to be the most common protagonist in stories too. Do you have any favourite characters of the INFP type? I think Frodo Baggins is one for me, and Luna Lovegood (although it's debated she's more a thinking than feeling type). I have to say my favourite right now though is Mathew Crawley from Downton Abbey. Have you see Downton Abbey? I think he might be more J than P though, but he's so lovely. Such a good example of our typings!

Aww so nice you have a whole class full of people you can connect with! We are keeping in touch, to be honest we have a very special relationship. It's a shame I had to come back to Australia as we were making progress... It's a long story haha. But really, I never EVER want to lose them. It's just so hard with the distance and the time difference... :S

Yes! I noticed that! Isn't it wonderful how many of us are here haha XD I guess it makes sense, given our interests and social tendencies that we would seek this sort of thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi!
nice to meet you.
I'm an INFP as you, and I know how it feels when you meet the person with the same personality :)
*finally, I'm not alone :laugh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha! I would never do that, not when you're feeling vulnerable XD

I agree with the authentic life sentiment. Wow, I really like that attitude, everything you do like a kind of therapy... I'm inspired! Makes me want to live in a similar way haha. What kinds of things do you do to facilitate this? Do you meditate, journal? I'm not surprised you've only met female INFPs! The INFP being such a rare breed of human hahaha - I hope to make the acquaintance of one some day too hehe.
Thanksss, that's sweet :)

Hmm I don't formally meditate, but I often contemplate while strolling in parks (if that counts as meditating :) I see that one purpose of therapy is to break off old messages and beliefs that keep holding us from living our best self. So I keep that awareness when doing activities. For example, one of my dream is to travel around the world, however I was growing up instilled with a message that the world is a scary place. So when I became aware with that message, I deliberately went solo travelling to a different town. It was super scary at first! But as I did it, the message no longer held its power. And recently, I travelled solo again to a country which doesn't speak either my language or English at all. Not only I survived, but I enjoyed it! XD

Don't worry, if you could found an even rarer INFJ, of course you will also make an acquaintance with INFPs!

INFPs (and I think INFJs as well) seem to be the most common protagonist in stories too. Do you have any favourite characters of the INFP type? I think Frodo Baggins is one for me, and Luna Lovegood (although it's debated she's more a thinking than feeling type). I have to say my favourite right now though is Mathew Crawley from Downton Abbey. Have you see Downton Abbey? I think he might be more J than P though, but he's so lovely. Such a good example of our typings!

Aww so nice you have a whole class full of people you can connect with! We are keeping in touch, to be honest we have a very special relationship. It's a shame I had to come back to Australia as we were making progress... It's a long story haha. But really, I never EVER want to lose them. It's just so hard with the distance and the time difference... :S

Yes! I noticed that! Isn't it wonderful how many of us are here haha XD I guess it makes sense, given our interests and social tendencies that we would seek this sort of thing.
Whoa I never thought about typing characters in stories before.. And I'm also not good yet at guessing types. Most of drama series I watched are Korean, but I don't think I watched one with an INFP as the main protagonist there. Now you mentioned those, I become really interested to start reading LOTR and Harry Potter series :p And it seems the writers are both INFP/J!

Well at the end of the course I only connect and keep in touch with just one of them. But numbers don't matter!
Awww I'm sorry to hear the circumstances. It must be very cherished moments. I guess you won't lose them as long as you keep them at heart ^^

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hello, from another new INFP!

Seems our propensity for writing draws us to a place such as this.
Wow a male INFP!
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Hi!
nice to meet you.
I'm an INFP as you, and I know how it feels when you meet the person with the same personality :)
*finally, I'm not alone :laugh:
Hi madeyn!
Yes! to the point of disbelief because we are too used to being different haha...

I am also new here and already feel at home. Hope you are too! Definitely not alone :D

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hi @doublejar, welcome and I'll take your blanket. All of it. Thanks. I was looking for it around PerC and finally found it with you.

PS; your avatar is the only duck face I don't find ridiculous, that's awesome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello back to you and all the new INFPs! I'm a new one myself. Not even sure if my avatar is visible yet. :shocked:
I'm also here lurking in the shadows. :ninja: There are so many cool threads, don't know where to start! :kitteh:

Where are you guys from? :puffer:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts