Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I feel obligated to do this first post, introduction thing so here goes.
I am a retired 'techie' type. In my job we had MBTI training and testing for supervisory skills. I was found out to be an INTJ, extreme in all coordinates, in the Y2k era.
I am here to explore my present day type as I am certain there have been some changes since retirement.
Also, as an NT I am always seeking some exchange of ideas and information.
My interests are: Music (though I can't play an instrument), computers (surprise!), art (I appreciate but not an expert), decorating (yeah, well, I am currently remodeling my entire house and need all the help I can come across :dry:), oh and, but, also: people. People now fascinate me. That's one of the reason I think my MBTI has done a shift of some sort.
Anyway, I will be somewhat irregular on here and try not to obsess with instant replies.:crazy:
~tweeze

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome and what type of art do you like? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey :) Maybe you're tapping into some Fe filtered through Ni in a way you haven't before? Or your enneagram has changed? Your function stack doesn't change but the way you use those functions does... I dunno man, I'm pretty new to this stuff too, and it certainly is fascinating.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey :) Maybe you're tapping into some Fe filtered through Ni in a way you haven't before? Or your enneagram has changed? Your function stack doesn't change but the way you use those functions does... I dunno man, I'm pretty new to this stuff too, and it certainly is fascinating.
I dunno, I read emotions and feelings that never came thru before. I think retiring from job was part of my 'unwinding' but also spouse of 40 years passed suddenly. I passed thru all the grieving stages but 'life changing' is an understatement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not big on Astrology but a friend is convinced there is something to it and points to similarities between the MBTI and Astrological characteristics.
"There are more things in heaven and earth...." Ya Know? Boggles my mind.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Favorite: Dali, Van Gogh, photo realism, not a fan of Picasso or whatever you call that style. Others, but I am not an expert by any means.
Cubism and never liked it either, it seems like a 5 year old could do it xD
Dali's nice, don't know if you've seen his drawings, they are quite interesting and you should watch loving Vincent, the whole movie is done in Van Gogh's painting style.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup. Been to the Dali museum in Florida too. Was amazed at the paintings, very different than what you get from looking at the prints.
Just read about the movie this morning! Already bookmarked a date for it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts