Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I'm posting this here because it seemed like the right place to get answers from INFJs. If mods think this post should be somewhere else, give me a lesson and move it. :tongue: )

TL;DR: Hi.

j0. I have been enjoying lurking here for a while now, so I figured I should introduce myself and maybe start posting some. :happy:

I was introduced to personality types by a friend some time ago. A while time later I stumbled upon the topic (probably on the web), investigated the topic and my type more thoroughly and found this nice forum. I think I am an INFJ, from online tests and reading descriptions, actually the same as said friend.

Do i sound like an INFJ? Have any advise for me?

- I'm a perfectionist. Or, I like thinking of it as "optimalist". Either I'm not doing it at all, or I do it the most optimal/best way possible. If don't think I can do it or I run into big problems, i give up fast.
Or I spend lots of time and energy, doing my very best, often getting stuck in details several times during the process (this post is a great example).

- I have strong principles/values.

- I value common knowledge and logic.

- I am very sure I am Introverted. I am kinda shy and don't have very good social skills.
Often I think lots of "social activities", like smalltalk, stuff people do to get higher social status, drama, etc, is pointless and have no meaning. I don't understand it, nor have any wish to.
But I have a quite normal amount of friends. Some very good, but none super close.

- I'm kinda a misanthrope.

- I like to help people.

- If someone asks me if I'm good at something, my standard answer is "Don't ask me, I'll give you the most subjective answer you can get."
I don't have a very strong self confidence.

- To personal questions, especially concerning what I want to do, what I like etc, my most frequent answer is "I don't know." This is really frustrating. I'm always feeling that I don't know what i want, like, etc.
I haven't found the meaning of (my) life, and often it makes me really apathetic and depressed.

- My mood swings alot. Often I am depressed for some days, then super happy one day, and then ok for some days. I have come up with loads of theories/solutions of why I become depressed, how I should live etc. But they only lasts for a few days before I become more or less depressed again. I have forgotten most of them.

- This seems like a scary lot of personal info to share with everyone, hence my weird anonymous user name (I love the internet), but I do it because you seem so nice and I would love to talk with people who "are like me". Don't kill me. :tongue:

Appreciate all answers! :laughing:
And looking forward to talking to / discussing with / lurking moar with you! :happy:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well, you sound pretty INFJish to me. If you want some really good help making sure, go over to the What's my Type forum.

I would maybe focus on the introvert/extrovert aspect a little more. It's not all that cut and dried. Extroverts can be shy and awkward and introverts can be very socially adept.

Welcome! I hope you find us helpful to you. :happy:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Go look at your INFJ functions, see If you brain patterns are like them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow...its weird how similar we are. Everything you described is exactly the way I act all the time. I use to think there was something wrong with with me until I found out about my personality type. Welcome to the INFJ community. :happy:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You remind me of someone at work whom I showed the MBTI to a couple weeks ago

I had him pinned for an INFJ, and I was right ;)

He told me about Numerology, so it was a fair trade :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts