Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, there have been A LOT of threads focusing around illogical mysticism and outdated practices and beliefs.

And I can't help but notice a large % of the advocates of these beliefs are INFP--or NF at least. (Not all, I just noticed a lot)

So I just don't get it? What do you guys think it is about you that draws you into that type of subject matter so well?

I once dated an INFP who was raised by Jahovah's Witness people (super fucked up), and he was super into it too >.< He wanted to like put MONEY into going to SCHOOL for it and stuff >.<

This other INFP I dated thinks it's ridiculous, but I'm feeling like he's not the majority.

I went into this psychic reading/mystical type store and looked at all the psychic and witch craft books. There was lots of star charts and astrological stuff. There was also wands. Like magical wands. They looked like they were from Harry Potter. And they were dead serious. Does this sort of thing appeal to you as well?

I just don't understand.

The only practical thing in that store was these ear candles that you stuck in your ear and burned and it cleaned out your ear....that shit was cool.

So NF's....what's with the living in la-la land?

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
I'm sorry, your the one living in la-la land. I took the red pill and I know the truth!

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
"I consider those who are interested in the occult to be the scientists of the future. If everyone were to accept that what science has not yet discovered does not exist, science would stagnate and society could not advance. Keep in mind that a lot of things that the ancients considered mystical have been explained by science - and the ancients believed in vampires."

- From the introduction of "Vampires: The occult truth" (And no, it's not about the fictional vampire) by Konstantinos.

I'm not someone who believes strongly in Astrology and that "la-la" stuff. But I have a huge interest in the occult. And as Konstantinos states, there can be no advancement if there is no one who is interested in, nor curious about these things, and trying to prove it true. How can we have a breakthrough when we just focus on the same old stuff? I mean, science discovers new species all the time. Do you seriously mean that these species did not exist up until the time they were discovered? How do we truly advance if we don't have an open mind about these sort of things. Everything's possible, right? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
How can we have a break through when we just focus on the same old stuff? I mean, science discovers new species all the time. Do you seriously mean that these species did not exist up until the time they were discovered? How do we truly advance if we don't have an open mind about these sort of things.
Quoted for truth :happy: Open mind for the win!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
It doesn't matter; Your all imaginary constructs.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't mind filling in the gaps where human knowledge doesn't connect or cannot explain. Like said before, theorizing is essential to scientific breakthroughs.

I very much dislike the mysticism scene for one huge reason. Magic, psychic, God, and any other buzz term is ignoring a major factor. If there is a correlation (and we all know what that does not imply) then giving the vague correlation a term does nothing to help anyone. If we continued to view the world like that, the sun would still rise because it circled the Earth and the lunar eclipse would still be a snake eating an egg.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Lately, there have been A LOT of threads focusing around illogical mysticism and outdated practices and beliefs.

And I can't help but notice a large % of the advocates of these beliefs are INFP--or NF at least. (Not all, I just noticed a lot)

So I just don't get it? What do you guys think it is about you that draws you into that type of subject matter so well?

I once dated an INFP who was raised by Jahovah's Witness people (super fucked up), and he was super into it too >.< He wanted to like put MONEY into going to SCHOOL for it and stuff >.<

This other INFP I dated thinks it's ridiculous, but I'm feeling like he's not the majority.

I went into this psychic reading/mystical type store and looked at all the psychic and witch craft books. There was lots of star charts and astrological stuff. There was also wands. Like magical wands. They looked like they were from Harry Potter. And they were dead serious. Does this sort of thing appeal to you as well?

I just don't understand.

The only practical thing in that store was these ear candles that you stuck in your ear and burned and it cleaned out your ear....that shit was cool.

Cause that's how we roll...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
dayquil, or nyquil, that is the question.
I thought they were gummy bears so I ate the both.... maybe that's my problem!

Maybe that explains it Kevin... we eat candy from strangers and go on strange trips.....

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I thought they were gummy bears so I ate the both.... maybe that's my problem!

Maybe that explains it Kevin... we eat candy from strangers and go on strange trips.....
and there is the answer! haha! :)

i was always really paranoid about Halloween candy...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
and there is the answer! haha! :)

i was always really paranoid about Halloween candy...
I just ate it all... again another possible explanation:crazy:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Note to self:

Stay away from the INFPs. :tongue:

The F makes a MAJOR difference in personality and logic, very strange. :confused:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Note to self:

Stay away from the INFPs. :tongue:

The F makes a MAJOR difference in personality and logic, very strange. :confused:
Run Marino... run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
780 Posts
I have spurts of interests in different religions, philosophies, cults, etc. but these interest spurts only last a few days to a few months. I then lose interest.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts