Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crap.

First full blown panic attack since... i don't remember. Heading to a family dinner... My parents and my bf's parents met for the first time tonight, and I completely broke down on the way there.
Don't know why really... except for the fact im really stressed out right now, cause i move out of my apartment in a week, and... i just cant. stand. the. chaos.

Worst thing is breaking down in front of people... Crying in front of total strangers. Think i managed to hide it pretty well, but... All the energy is gone, and i feel i have to sleep for a week to build up some.

I hate the panic, i hate the anxiety and the loss of control in the moment when the world just start spinning.
Every time, i think im gonna die, even though i KNOW whats happening. I've learned how the body reacts.
Doesn't matter... This was like a 9 on the scale... and when the anxiety rises above like 7, all logic and reason are gone.

So tired, so tired, so tired. And I feel like a failure.
Better day tomorrow hopefully.

Good night.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
*hugs* I know how the body reacts, too, but the fear of dying is always there anyhow. It doesn't matter that we've survived it all before. Miserable. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Yeah, panic attacks really suck. I've had them in front of people on several occasions, and I act like a freak when I do it.. LOL.
I just tell them what's up if they ask.. XD

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm sorry, panic attacks are the worst.

I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.. I feel better today, but very very tired.
Yea, you really feel like a freak when it happens around other people. Hopefully the chaos inside doesnt show as much as it feels like... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry you went through that. I used to be so bad that I was almost agoraphobic, actually could have gone on disability if I had wanted to, but I didn't. Decided not to give up, but it's an ongoing struggle. I am going to a therapist/counselor that says I need to 'feel my feelings and name them', it gives you power over them. Trying to control them and not feel them is what gives them power over you; this happens a lot in PTSD as well, one of the main issues with it.
Also, try one-mindfulness, like in Buddhism. Whether you are religious or not, there are many great philosophies. It's just saying, stay present, and don’t let your mind wander, criticize, analyze and so on. Hope it helps. It's helped me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts