Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there guys, I've been studying Myers-Briggs and Jungian functions for almost 2 years. I have contributed to some pages mostly typing other people or fictional characters based on cognitive functions, however since my first introduction to MBTI it didn't matter how much I tried to see these functions in my words and actions, in the end I always got confused over and over again.
I guess I'm going anonymous this time, Mostly when it comes down to my life I would question what I should do right now and in the end I almost get no other answer than doing a thing worth believing into. This reminds me deeply of something like Fi however I always see that my actions no matter the outcome on the outside turns out to hurt me sometimes and when it doesn't, I get a guilt sense of blaming myself. When I'm actually understanding something I have a deep feeling that nothing is right and no matter how objective we might become, in the end there is always another way of seeing which could be true rather than our illusions. This also has got me confused over my type and the whole psychology part of my life.
In my everyday life I'm quite the get my hands dirty type. I think to myself that i would go nowhere from overthinking and analyzing so I do make lots of mistakes mostly in parts which includes humans in my life. I would always leave a relationship with a broken heart thinking that why the hell everything should turn out as the way it is, but on the other hand mostly people blame me but not themselves for this part, so I would avoid human connection sometimes when I'm stuck in my deep dark situations of my life. When it comes down to love I become obsessed with the person I love to the extent that I think that I will only love one person in my whole life and as of now it has turned out to be true. Some years back it left me with a broken heart because no matter how many times i would confess my love, the other person was the "I don't know my feelings" type. Something like everyday thinking about someone and they don't give a damn about you, and from time to time when you are broken they would ask "Hey did something happen to you? What's your problem? I care a lot about you" while on the other hand spending most of their times with others. and I guess that this person doesn't even remember me now.
Though how others see me is a lot different and it got me confused. Lots of people would see me as the sweet giver type who would help others no matter the situation while on the other hand having a plan for every problem that arises. and they also say that I am the first to see the problems. There are times which people would say that my problems are far more complicated and dangerous than to seek a solution for it and it gets on my nerves a lot. Oh and I forgot to mention it, I guess that I'm bad at almost everything until I refine my works.
Do you have any thoughts about my type? and sorry for my bad grammar

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
I can't type you off that, but if you want me to try then do a questionnaire.

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

3.) What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

4.) A. What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? B. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?

5.) Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6.) What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

7.) What makes you like the personalities of some people?

8.) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

9.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

10.) How do you judge new ideas?

11.) What tends to weigh on your decisions?

12.) A. What activities energize you most? B. What activities drain you most? Why?

13.) A. Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you. B. Describe what a stressful situation is for you.

14.) Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

15.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

16.) How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

17.) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

18.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

19.) What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

20.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can't type you off that, but if you want me to try then do a questionnaire.
Hey there, Thanks for your answer. Ok I will try to do this one :giggle:

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Ah I guess I've been diagnosed with many mental issues during the years of my life but mainly I guess that I might have ADHD and perhaps depression which makes me really impulsive and I've been on medications for these for some years.

I guess this one must be answered from someone's perspective other than myself but I will try. I think that I might appear a really impulsive person who thinks that lots of actions and thoughts in my daily life are useless, so I might appear to help other people a lot but mostly when they treat me badly in return I might get depressed. And I might appear to have an original thought for almost any matter in life be it the philosophical problems or simply choosing two different perspectives of a matter.

3.) What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to appear someone who is confident about his actions and thoughts while on the other hand not upsetting other people for this confidence and I think that this kind of getting upset is really selfish and undesirable.
I don't want to be a person who is confident in almost every matter on the other hand which makes every people hate him/her even the very few people which he/she seeks their love in life, So I might appear someone that isn't me, but I regret it a lot of time after feeling being used and dumped away.

4.) A. What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? B. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?

I can almost change myself to get in every kind of situation though not for long, and I might seem to enjoy but I don't know really if it's for getting a good feeling from other people or really seeking that myself. And lots of people say that I am the person that I'm not just because I'm using the situation for my pleasure but it makes me WTF, because lots of times I think that I'm hiding my emotions or having lots of paradoxes in my actions deliberately which is bad.

5.) Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I don't have a clue that how other people might really see me, but in most situations which other people see me other than myself it's when I'm dumped away and they don't really remember me anymore so I guess it doesn't matter, but in normal conditions people like me a lot because I'm positive and I'm very decisive to help other people but I feel most of the time that I'm not getting the feeling I deserve.

6.) What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Caring about others and not making ourselves blind, being loyal to the real goal which makes our actions and not fooling ourselves for what I want right now and not to show paradoxes in our actions and words. These might be forgotten in some situations of my life just for the good that other people see than myself but in most of the situations don't simply get changed.

Being confident in values which are right because of the values not some made situations which others seek you to forget your values. Like when you are supposed to do something but others need you to do something for them and you forget what you are supposed to do right now. I love these people more than anyone else.

Lying for self interest and calling it policy while I see it as foolishness.

9.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I really get along with these situations when it's not about forgetting something that is important to me. I had a car crash which broke some of my bones and made me to stay in bed for two months but during that time the only thing that I thought of was it's not something that you can't change and it's just you, the only thing that is important is that you are alive and yourself.

Seeing behind the new ideas and judging the intentions and outcomes.

People will see me as bad while I'm not. I think that all of us have our own vision of outcomes and it might be all illusions but when combined with caring and my values I can see the right ones though other don't admit.

12.) A. What activities energize you most? B. What activities drain you most? Why?

Activities which makes me tuned with the environment while not being wrong itself makes me energized and activities that include making me feel like someone special while the whole activity is wrong it self really irritates me and makes me look impulsive and tired.

13.) A. Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you. B. Describe what a stressful situation is for you.

I don't really know what is enjoyable to me, and I reaaaally don't know. I can't really recognize sense of joy from impulsive pleasure. Having delicious food or going on some highly dangerous activities actually bring pleasure to me but I guess I enjoy feeling right and knowing that some situation is not wrong more.
I think that not getting understood and only blaming me for a situation which makes me only overanalyze the situations which weren't really wrong at all makes me stressful.

14.) Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Authority must be chosen from situations and not to be chosen just to make the situations. I really think that organization is answer to problems while it isn't actually the thing that makes the problems. And I really hate people that think they are something special or different just because they are organizing things. I want to remember that the need for organization makes people authority.
The people who think that they were destined to rule people to a better future are corrupted.

15.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I see them as meaningless and different from one's perspective to other. If you consider that order means even opposing and destroying a corrupted system to make a better order then we are on the same team.

16.) How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Interacting with other people or mostly analyzing a situation which i don't see as optimal as it could be.

17.) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I really prefer one on one communication but on the other hand having gut feelings and offering something good is also important. I am the type which seems lost in their thoughts and then after speaks.

18.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire having a good impact on the world while not seeking something in return. I really oppose the idea of doing good for something like a heaven or a utopia. Whenever I want something in return I get corrupted. I want to see the outcome which is good even when it's not for me.

19.) What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

While on the other hand I really fear being misunderstood and tagged as a self serving person though when it comes down to something that I can't change I will make sure to do the right thing even if others forget and dump me away.

20.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

I really am not sure about this part but I've had some results over the years from experts to online tests mostly these types:
ENFJ
ISFJ
INFP
ISFP
ENTJ

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts

I guess this one must be answered from someone's perspective other than myself but I will try. I think that I might appear a really impulsive person who thinks that lots of actions and thoughts in my daily life are useless, so I might appear to help other people a lot but mostly when they treat me badly in return I might get depressed. And I might appear to have an original thought for almost any matter in life be it the philosophical problems or simply choosing two different perspectives of a matter.
I mean this sounds like you want to be an N.

I would like to appear someone who is confident about his actions and thoughts while on the other hand not upsetting other people for this confidence and I think that this kind of getting upset is really selfish and undesirable.
I don't want to be a person who is confident in almost every matter on the other hand which makes every people hate him/her even the very few people which he/she seeks their love in life, So I might appear someone that isn't me, but I regret it a lot of time after feeling being used and dumped away.
F

I can almost change myself to get in every kind of situation though not for long, and I might seem to enjoy but I don't know really if it's for getting a good feeling from other people or really seeking that myself. And lots of people say that I am the person that I'm not just because I'm using the situation for my pleasure but it makes me WTF, because lots of times I think that I'm hiding my emotions or having lots of paradoxes in my actions deliberately which is bad.
I think Fi because Fe wouldn't feel like they are hiding anything. Fe are usually very oblivious to this kind of thing.

I don't have a clue that how other people might really see me, but in most situations which other people see me other than myself it's when I'm dumped away and they don't really remember me anymore so I guess it doesn't matter, but in normal conditions people like me a lot because I'm positive and I'm very decisive to help other people but I feel most of the time that I'm not getting the feeling I deserve.
Definitely an Fi.

Caring about others and not making ourselves blind, being loyal to the real goal which makes our actions and not fooling ourselves for what I want right now and not to show paradoxes in our actions and words. These might be forgotten in some situations of my life just for the good that other people see than myself but in most of the situations don't simply get changed.
F

Being confident in values which are right because of the values not some made situations which others seek you to forget your values. Like when you are supposed to do something but others need you to do something for them and you forget what you are supposed to do right now. I love these people more than anyone else.
Fi

I really get along with these situations when it's not about forgetting something that is important to me. I had a car crash which broke some of my bones and made me to stay in bed for two months but during that time the only thing that I thought of was it's not something that you can't change and it's just you, the only thing that is important is that you are alive and yourself.
Fi

Ni

People will see me as bad while I'm not. I think that all of us have our own vision of outcomes and it might be all illusions but when combined with caring and my values I can see the right ones though other don't admit.
Ni

Activities which makes me tuned with the environment while not being wrong itself makes me energized and activities that include making me feel like someone special while the whole activity is wrong it self really irritates me and makes me look impulsive and tired.
Se

I don't really know what is enjoyable to me, and I reaaaally don't know. I can't really recognize sense of joy from impulsive pleasure. Having delicious food or going on some highly dangerous activities actually bring pleasure to me but I guess I enjoy feeling right and knowing that some situation is not wrong more.
I think that not getting understood and only blaming me for a situation which makes me only overanalyze the situations which weren't really wrong at all makes me stressful.
Definitely Se and more F

Authority must be chosen from situations and not to be chosen just to make the situations. I really think that organization is answer to problems while it isn't actually the thing that makes the problems. And I really hate people that think they are something special or different just because they are organizing things. I want to remember that the need for organization makes people authority.
The people who think that they were destined to rule people to a better future are corrupted.
You are Fi dominant

I see them as meaningless and different from one's perspective to other. If you consider that order means even opposing and destroying a corrupted system to make a better order then we are on the same team.
P

Interacting with other people or mostly analyzing a situation which i don't see as optimal as it could be.
Fi-Te

I really prefer one on one communication but on the other hand having gut feelings and offering something good is also important. I am the type which seems lost in their thoughts and then after speaks.
Fi

I desire having a good impact on the world while not seeking something in return. I really oppose the idea of doing good for something like a heaven or a utopia. Whenever I want something in return I get corrupted. I want to see the outcome which is good even when it's not for me.
Fi and Ni

While on the other hand I really fear being misunderstood and tagged as a self serving person though when it comes down to something that I can't change I will make sure to do the right thing even if others forget and dump me away.
Fi

I really am not sure about this part but I've had some results over the years from experts to online tests mostly these types:
ENFJ
ISFJ
INFP
ISFP
ENTJ
ISFP. Just about everything you say is feeling based and when you get specific about it you reveal Fi is how you operate in the world. You are much more introverted than extraverted in how you approach things. It always seems to come back to you addressing the idea, situation, etc on your own terms which is why I'm very confident of Fi.

On the perception axis you consistently answer as an Se-Ni type of person. You really like to overplay the Ni and when it comes to Se you very much try to undersell it. It is still your mode of viewing the world and it is shown in your answers in what energizes you and what stimulates you the most. I mean even without that much evidence you are an Fi dominant for sure and that means a INFP Ne-Si or ISFP Se-Ni.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean this sounds like you want to be an N.

F

I think Fi because Fe wouldn't feel like they are hiding anything. Fe are usually very oblivious to this kind of thing.

Definitely an Fi.

F

Fi

Fi

Ni

Ni

Se

Definitely Se and more F

You are Fi dominant

P

Fi-Te

Fi

Fi and Ni

Fi

ISFP. Just about everything you say is feeling based and when you get specific about it you reveal Fi is how you operate in the world. You are much more introverted than extraverted in how you approach things. It always seems to come back to you addressing the idea, situation, etc on your own terms which is why I'm very confident of Fi.

On the perception axis you consistently answer as an Se-Ni type of person. You really like to overplay the Ni and when it comes to Se you very much try to undersell it. It is still your mode of viewing the world and it is shown in your answers in what energizes you and what stimulates you the most. I mean even without that much evidence you are an Fi dominant for sure and that means a INFP Ne-Si or ISFP Se-Ni.
Hey there, oh thank you really 😊 Yeah I guess it all adds up and shows why I am the way I am. And from the beginning I also had some guesses that I might be an ISFP because I can't make decisions when it comes down to analyzing situations like typing myself, is it a normal thing about ISFPs?
And again thank you very much for your answer :D

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
I don't know what personality that would necessarily be. I think that you care so much relates more than being indecisive. Fi type is strongly associated with caring about identity stuff like this.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I will give it a go.

Hey there, Thanks for your answer. Ok I will try to do this one :giggle:

Ah I guess I've been diagnosed with many mental issues during the years of my life but mainly I guess that I might have ADHD and perhaps depression which makes me really impulsive and I've been on medications for these for some years.
So the ADHD usually is a sign of S, but it depends it could be anything. The depression might actually be very helpful. Every mbti type gets depression, but they actually handle it differently so I recommend doing research because it might help.

Se and Ne are seen as the most impulsive, especially Se. The second part sounds like Fi, but it could be Fe.

Maybe Fi-Te.

So F is talked about for sure. Second half sounds like Fi versus Fe.

Sounds like you are probably not an Ne.

This is kind of an anti J answer.

That could be either Ti or Fi, but I am willing to guess Fi.

Lying for self interest and calling it policy while I see it as foolishness.
This could show anything, but my guess is this is an anti T thing, but it depends.

This sounds like Se-Ni that are both working, but I could be mistaking it for Ne-Si.

This sounds like an Ni thing, but I could see it being Ne as well.

This sounds very Ni, and maybe Fi.

Se and Fi.

Sounds like anti Fe. Sounds like Se too.

Sounds like low Te maybe.

Probably either Ne or Se but sounds like Ni or Si is tertiary.

So I am not sure whether this would be NI or Ne but it seems like it is Se or Si.

This just kinds of confirms introversion I am not sure about the rest.

Sounds like Fi.

Sounds like very high Fi.

ENFJ
ISFJ
INFP
ISFP
ENTJ
So I see the outlier here is ENTJ. I think you actually share the functions but it is the opposite order.

Ok so I saw lots of Fi. This would mean you are either ISFP or INFP. I think Se is more likely then Ne and I saw some Ni. So ISFP is my guess but I would not rule INFP out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give it a go.
Hey there, thank you 😄
So the ADHD usually is a sign of S, but it depends it could be anything. The depression might actually be very helpful. Every mbti type gets depression, but they actually handle it differently so I recommend doing research because it might help.
Ohhh this part is so hard to analyze, because I guess that depression could actually make people use their tertiary and inferior function a lot while it's not their main function, but I think that feeling deeply was always a part of me. Yes there are times which I don't feel a damn thing and say wow how am I good at handling everything and it could be even seen as an ENTJ attitude but most of the time I'm not like that, so I guess that is mostly because of secondary Se as an ISFP.
Sounds like you are probably not an Ne.
Yessss, I really don't have a single clue how those people can actually worry not too much about their future and I find it a reaaallly good way of life if it's used on a good level, like some healthy ENTPs I've encountered during my life.
This is kind of an anti J answer.
When it's about my life and daily routine, people say that I'm organized, but yeah I always have a weak point at sticking to the plans. Though I seek perfection and organization even if I might not know how to reach it.
So I see the outlier here is ENTJ. I think you actually share the functions but it is the opposite order.

Ok so I saw lots of Fi. This would mean you are either ISFP or INFP. I think Se is more likely then Ne and I saw some Ni. So ISFP is my guess but I would not rule INFP out.
Hmm, mostly other people who see me in real life would type me as INTJ, ENTJ and the types which show high usage of Ni, however I know that is a common mistype for ISFPs because of mistaking Fi with Ni introversion.
I have lived my life possibly as an organized person and mostly people see me as a person full of plans and ambitions because of attending engineering university, getting part time jobs even as a teenager and experiencing lots of things as of today. But I always felt left out and even today which I have settled my life and become mostly independent, I feel that I really didn't belong and don't belong to all these nonsense 😂 I really find my work as a software developer exhausting and feel that I am not meant to sit for long hours of a day working on a single part and optimizing it. But my love for music, sports and art and my desire to run away from life from my early childhood days really classifies me as an ISFP in my thought. And I have a special desire and perspective on art. I have tried several forms of art and I have hated it when it came down to some organized stuff taking away my freedom to express. I think that the truest form of art is never meant to be perfect in some specified system nor to be known created by a famous artist.
And again thankssss a lot 😊

1 - 8 of 8 Posts