Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, im obviously new to this site. Im an ENFP'er so to speak; ive known this for about a year after doing a personality assessment while bored at work.....I used that info to "inspire" me (funny how that works out......) but I cant say that ive ever taken it seriously because there are just too many variables that go into a personality. That being said, I am left-handed, an "Earth Dragon" of the Chinese zodiac, and finally a "cancer" within its western counterpart. These all carry characteristics of an ENFP as ive found out, but I cant say ive ever met anyone like me quite yet (Im only 23......cut me some slack!). Ive been soul searching for about two months now to acquire a firmer understanding of who I am and my "purpose" in life after very nearly self-destructing.......ive cut off the majority of my old "friends", turned off my beloved iphone, deleted all social network accounts, and essentially have been playing hermit unless I have to go to work or school. It got to the point where I just felt "bothered" by the outside world; I became so immersed in external affairs that I seemingly forgot who I actually am. Its been quite rejuvenating despite how it seems to the outside world. I stumbled across this site last night and it seems that this site is loaded with the intellectual types that can actually have an open forum and not throw insults at each other, why not join right? lol anyway, I look forward to getting involved to see what I can find out about myself and others

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Welcome @Nemo7788

I remember Finding Nemo, lol. Now you have found this home. I wish I could find an ENFP in real life, but I haven't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Nemo7788

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome @Nemo7788

I remember Finding Nemo, lol. Now you have found this home. I wish I could find an ENFP in real life, but I haven't.
Fret not; you'll definitely know one when you encounter them.......we tend to stick out like sore thumbs in society, at least from my personal experiences. Ive been termed the "Man on the moon" by college associates for my "eccentric" ways. The funniest part of that is people love to be in my company and so I get invited to places by others ALL the time, so much so that I rarely ever have to seek out company (I wish I was exaggerating.....) and therefore my free time is my alone time to find solace in my thoughts and do my own thing whilst on my own.

The correlation is easy to associate if you know what to look for......but there are more facets to my character than that of a traditional ENFP'er which is why I made note of the astrological signs and my predominant handedness (Im working on becoming fully ambidextrous, im about 70 percent there and have the muscle memory down for writing with my "non-sinister" conformist hand (lmao x100000).....but im a percussionist so I had a head start on that lol)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Nemo7788

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Fret not; you'll definitely know one when you encounter them.......we tend to stick out like sore thumbs in society, at least from my personal experiences. Ive been termed the "Man on the moon" by college associates for my "eccentric" ways. The funniest part of that is people love to be in my company and so I get invited to places by others ALL the time, so much so that I rarely ever have to seek out company (I wish I was exaggerating.....) and therefore my free time is my alone time to find solace in my thoughts and do my own thing whilst on my own.

The correlation is easy to associate if you know what to look for......but there are more facets to my character than that of a traditional ENFP'er which is why I made note of the astrological signs and my predominant handedness (Im working on becoming fully ambidextrous, im about 70 percent there and have the muscle memory down for writing with my "non-sinister" conformist hand (lmao x100000).....but im a percussionist so I had a head start on that lol)
How I wish! There are very few Intuitives in my area, and Sensors outnumber the Intuitives :(. I like their term "Man on the Moon", is that an insult or compliment? And why do they call you that?

Astrology is an interesting idea, but MBTI theory has more accuracy in it. You should also study another personality tests like Enneagram.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How I wish! There are very few Intuitives in my area, and Sensors outnumber the Intuitives :(. I like their term "Man on the Moon", is that an insult or compliment? And why do they call you that?

Astrology is an interesting idea, but MBTI theory has more accuracy in it. You should also study another personality tests like Enneagram.

I have a slight resemblance to Kid Cudi (american rapper) and he made a song titled that, but I didn't know the song until later. He isn't afraid to express how he really feels about things and therefore he's labeled as "different". I don't think it was either good or bad at first, simply that they couldn't figure me out lol. I realized it definitely isn't negative though, I only ever get positive vibes when I'm around them. (They're engineers, so that might explain it a little better.....).

my "post-rep" isn't up to par quite yet so I cant post a link (-_-")........but just youtube "man on the moon" by Kid Cudi and you'll find it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts