Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I've posted a few times before, but I've never gotten around to making an introductory post.

I'm a 3w2, 3-7-1, ESTJ. I'm graduating high school in less than a month, aside from many hobbies, I'm an avid thespian who likes to meet new people! I've never joined or written on an online forum before but I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome and an early congrats to graduating soon.

Reactions: mpobrien

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It says in your profile ESTP?
w/e
Welcome to PerC :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I mistyped myself and only just after i posted this I came to the conclusion that I was an ESTP, not an ENTJ haha; I must have forgotten to come back and edit this. Thank you for pointing that out, and thank you for the welcome!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yeah, I mistyped myself and only just after i posted this I came to the conclusion that I was an ESTP, not an ENTJ haha; I must have forgotten to come back and edit this. Thank you for pointing that out, and thank you for the welcome!
Having been friends with an ESTP for my final year at uni, I think I have a grasp, his Fe was a little unhealthy which my INTP friend felt uncomfortable with 'feeling his introversion was being intruded on'.

Is it common to have an almost insatiable appetite for other people's opinions?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it common to have an almost insatiable appetite for other people's opinions?
I would definitely say that I have an absolutely insatiable appetite for other people's opinions about me. I'm always wondering what people think of me, or what they're saying. I'm not exactly sure if that ties into what your asking, but that's what I thought of when you asked! I relate a lot to the charming people and procrastination, but then still doing a great job with whatever I do parts that I've read on the "You know you're an ESTP when..." thread.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I would definitely say that I have an absolutely insatiable appetite for other people's opinions about me. I'm always wondering what people think of me, or what they're saying. I'm not exactly sure if that ties into what your asking, but that's what I thought of when you asked! I relate a lot to the charming people and procrastination, but then still doing a great job with whatever I do parts that I've read on the "You know you're an ESTP when..." thread.
Well, I wasn't going to infer the egocentric side of my question first, but now that you mention it, he was constantly evaluating his presentation ... and was probably narcissiticly obsessed with books around how to be persuasive, rules of power, dating etc

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I wasn't going to infer the egocentric side of my question first, but now that you mention it, he was constantly evaluating his presentation ... and was probably narcissiticly obsessed with books around how to be persuasive, rules of power, dating etc
I'm the same exact way. The diplomatic and attention-hungry nature of a Three is what really brought me to find myself as an ESTP. Did your friend ever get upset when he thought that people might be viewing him in a negative way? That's definitely something I experience, but more often when I'm under stress than on a regular day.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'm the same exact way. The diplomatic and attention-hungry nature of a Three is what really brought me to find myself as an ESTP. Did your friend ever get upset when he thought that people might be viewing him in a negative way? That's definitely something I experience, but more often when I'm under stress than on a regular day.
It's rare to catch him in a depressed state, it's more like he speeds up/takes more action to highlight his impressions of "negative perceptions" off me or just say he's pissed off, in a tone almost identical to normal speech, if only said 'with a serious face'.

There was one time where I laid a blow to his self-perception as a good person (honouring a deal), his reaction to being upset then wasn't to react immediately, but at the end of the day he insisted to compensate me via other means.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's rare to catch him in a depressed state, it's more like he speeds up/takes more action to highlight his impressions of "negative perceptions" off me or just say he's pissed off, in a tone almost identical to normal speech, if only said 'with a serious face'.

There was one time where I laid a blow to his self-perception as a good person (honouring a deal), his reaction to being upset then wasn't to react immediately, but at the end of the day he insisted to compensate me via other means.
Well there's different responses for each person I guess. I don't necessarily only get depressed, it's kind of like all the emotions I've repressed over a period of time spring back at me when I get too stressed, or when someone really takes a blow to my self-perception. Like your friend, I never let it really show, but I will say in the same tone "I'm really upset right now." Your friend and I have a lot in common haha, I do the same thing; if someone tries to alter some else's perception of me, or my self-perception, then I try my hardest to prove them wrong.

Thank you very much, @INTJellectual and @Stephen!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts