Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with what to give as a present for my INFJ pal.
I never really says what he would like. Or atleast he doesn't do it in a way I'd know was "I like this, buy this, I wish for this" way, so I cannot break his pattern of things he would wish for his birthday.
My ESTJ brother wanted to give him an exclusively luxurious champagne bottle, but I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be worth a lot to him.

Do any of you have any hints or advice upon what might be good for a 19 year old INFJ, who enjoys hitler and 2nd world war books?

·
Registered
536 Posts
If it doesn't seem like he likes "stuff," then maybe he likes shared events/time. So maybe take him to do something he might find fun? That's what I like on my birthday. I couldn't care less about gifts.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If it were me, I'd get either get something like a vintage keepsake from the late 1930's - 1945 (something an officer or soldier used during the war), or a reference book on the war so detailed and specific that an INFJ would get lost in it until mid-summer.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Gifts mean much more to me when the people around me have observed me carefully enough to see what I respond to and desire. I'd suggest just thinking about what he's shown excitement about or smiled from or been jealous about in the past. Or what was something he planned to get/do himself, but never got around to?

You're at a good place, knowing that he favors WWII as a subject. So just take it further by thinking of a second "thing" that he likes, and how you can combine the two. And take a risk if you need to. Observe, go with your gut, give with sincerity, and I can't see how he'd be displeased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts