Votes: 13 76.5%
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this would be my first post ever.
So be gentle, and use lube.

I've done the MBTI test plenty of times, on plenty of different websites.
And I always get Extroverted, Intuitive and Thinking. 70%+ all the time...
So ther'es no question I'm ENT.

So, here's the thing.

In the Judging/Perceiving aspect, I always get 50% of each. (Aprox.)
So I either get 'ENTP' or 'ENTJ'.

I've done the Enneagram and Big 5 tests too.
I'm a Type 8w7 and SCOEI, which are all ENTJ-ish.

So, what is your opinion?
Thanks in advance...

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings AlanMonTap and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum AlanMonTap. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum! ^^

Tell me which of these two you identify more with:

Extraverted Thinking* - (Te)
Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking.
Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on.
At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively.
Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone's ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else's thought process.
In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else's logic, sequence, or organization.
It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three.
In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

Introverted Thinking* - (Ti)
Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.
Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.
It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.
These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.
This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work.
The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency.
In so doing, we search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.
We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what's observed.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, according to the information you've provided me, I believe a use Te function the most...

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
What parts of the ENTJ/P stereotypes do you identify with the most?

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
why did you pick the avatar you did?

what do you think of rules? Do you like them? how so, or why?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll adress the stereotypes first:

ENTP: I am one of the funniest people I know. As you just saw, I have a huge ego as well. I'm spontaneous. I love to annoy the shit out of people to see how they react. I'm cocky. I'm arrogant. I'm a troll. Extremely sarcastic. Consequentialist ("The end justifies the means"). I'm persuasive. Easily distracted. And I love to win. Lazy if uninterested. Selfish, but not in material matters, I don't know how to explain it. Not mean, but maybe insensitive. Only emotional when I allow myself to be (I can control it pretty well), like when I'm alone, or with my girlfriend. I cannot feel empathy. I would not say: "Oh, I understand you, I feel your pain, I'm sorry". I would say: "What can we do to fix the problem?"

ENTJ: I'm dominant. I'm possesive. I'm ambitious. I value success and hard work more than leisure, (I do play first and work later, though). I like to have control. I'm honest. I'm direct. I feel extremely powerful when I'm angry. I'm confident. I'm not scared about many things, but if I am, I don't show it and face whatever is ahead of me. I am very decisive, I don't like to leave my options open. I do need closure. I like to plan ahead. I know perfectly what I want in life. I think success is one of, if not the most important thing for me. I do believe there should be a sistem in which I approach things, but I do not like routine. I don't know if you understand that... I'm adaptable to change, but I prefer stability.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now... Rules.

It depends I guess...

I'm not a big fan of them, though.
So no, I would say I don't like rules.
I do not like authority, and I've always had problems with it.
Maybe because I think I could be better. I don't know.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
entj enneagram 8, sx stacking.

anger and truth are 8.

the way you address things linearly, first, then next, then next, is NOT Ne.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you explain why I identify more as an ENTP?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'll adress the stereotypes first:

ENTP: I am one of the funniest people I know. As you just saw, I have a huge ego as well. I'm spontaneous. I love to annoy the shit out of people to see how they react. I'm cocky. I'm arrogant. I'm a troll. Extremely sarcastic. Consequentialist ("The end justifies the means"). I'm persuasive. Easily distracted. And I love to win. Lazy if uninterested. Selfish, but not in material matters, I don't know how to explain it. Not mean, but maybe insensitive. Only emotional when I allow myself to be (I can control it pretty well), like when I'm alone, or with my girlfriend. I cannot feel empathy. I would not say: "Oh, I understand you, I feel your pain, I'm sorry". I would say: "What can we do to fix the problem?"

ENTJ: I'm dominant. I'm possesive. I'm ambitious. I value success and hard work more than leisure, (I do play first and work later, though). I like to have control. I'm honest. I'm direct. I feel extremely powerful when I'm angry. I'm confident. I'm not scared about many things, but if I am, I don't show it and face whatever is ahead of me. I am very decisive, I don't like to leave my options open. I do need closure. I like to plan ahead. I know perfectly what I want in life. I think success is one of, if not the most important thing for me. I do believe there should be a sistem in which I approach things, but I do not like routine. I don't know if you understand that... I'm adaptable to change, but I prefer stability.
Your ENTP points also count for the ENTJ (being funny has nothing to do with MBTI though). Those first three things you named for ENTJ are not like ENTPs at all though. I'd go with ENTJ if I were you, especially since Te stands out more to you than Ti.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
How are you at math?

one thing I noticed lately is ENTP can be pretty good at math including calculus if they want.

ENTJ struggles with math more than ENTP.

At least that is MY theory - nothing to back it up.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
How are you at math?

one thing I noticed lately is ENTP can be pretty good at math including calculus if they want.

ENTJ struggles with math more than ENTP.

At least that is MY theory - nothing to back it up.
I doubt math skills have any impact on the functions. INFPs can be excellent at math while they have inferior Te.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I doubt math skills have any impact on the functions. INFPs can be excellent at math while they have inferior Te.
Ti and some sort of N are the easiest way to do math IMO.......... INTJ's can do applied math, but INTP are much better at theoretical math and calculus.

Reactions: aendern

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm extremely good with numbers because I understand their use and I know what I could do with them. But, with calculus or algebra it's a whole different thing, I struggle with those because I've still yet to find it's purpose or use. If I don't think that what I'm learning has any use or benefit whatsoever, I subconsciously discard it.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Ti and some sort of N are the easiest way to do math IMO.......... INTJ's can do applied math, but INTP are much better at theoretical math and calculus.
On that I agree. I have no patience for things without practical application.

That's actually an excellent difference!
@AlanMonTap
Do you prefer:
Knowledge for knowledge's sake?
or do you prefer:
Knowledge only when it benefits you in one way or another?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm extremely good with numbers because I understand their use and I know what I could do with them. But, with calculus or algebra it's a whole different thing, I struggle with those because I've still yet to find it's purpose or use. If I don't think that what I'm learning has any use or benefit whatsoever, I subconsciously discard it.
It seems you've answered the question already. ^^
ENTJ. No contest anymore. ;)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think there's another issue to adress...
I identify myself more as an Ne user, than an Ni one. Any thoughts?

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I think there's another issue to adress...
I identify myself more as an Ne user, than an Ni one. Any thoughts?
why? sometimes the primary function is so easy, we forget about it. like your heartbeat.

hard to listen for your heartbeat.

Reactions: TimeWillTell
1 - 20 of 88 Posts