Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm entp and I "think" I have good friends. Three friends who are estps confirmed.

I am a bit quirky sometimes because of Ne being dominant LOL and that is inferior to ESTPS (they don't usually understand what I am saying)

How do you know how close you are to an estp?
How do estps show they care (pretending to punch you, sarcasm ....) ?
How to show estps that you care?
What gets on an estps nerves?
How do you know when an estp is angry?
What not to do to an estp EVER!
Do estps usually not have deep conversations?
Do estps prefer to bond over doing things together vs talking and watching movies?

also, do any estp's have good entp friends? I feel like the the Ne dominant vs Se dominant and Se inferior and Ne inferior can conflict between the two

What throws me off is that im not too sure what there buttons specifically are because they don't talk a lot lot

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Hello, I'm entp and I "think" I have good friends. Three friends who are estps confirmed.

I am a bit quirky sometimes because of Ne being dominant LOL and that is inferior to ESTPS (they don't usually understand what I am saying)
It has nothing to do with that and ESTPs inferior function is Ni, unless you're using a different type of system. People often try to claim their N-ness means that people misunderstand them, it's just that if you really are Ne-dom, you may jump around the place unknowingly while the rest of the group is on one topic. Neither type is better than the other, it's just what your preference is.

Also take into consideration how you word things. Some people have a strange tendency to bring up something out of the blue and talk as if everyone else is on the topic themselves. If I don't know the context, I will get confused and ask the person to fill me in on what they left out.

Do estps prefer to bond over doing things together vs talking and watching movies?
I guess just like any other type, they will pursue you and you pursue them. Also the rest of these are dependent upon the person and topic/subject matter.

I prefer to bond over talking. Also I only care about the depth of a conversation if I'm interested in the topic. If it doesn't apply to my interests or intrigue me in the slightest, I will likely not give a shit to talk about it. I also have a wide array of interests, so it should hit close to one of them.

also, do any estp's have good entp friends? I feel like the the Ne dominant vs Se dominant and Se inferior and Ne inferior can conflict between the two

What throws me off is that im not too sure what there buttons specifically are because they don't talk a lot lot
Se and Ne are incredibly similar, more so than Se and Si or Ne and Ni. The ESTP and ENTP are very similar and I don't really think there is a problem with communication. Of anything, it would come down to personal preferences that aren't reflective of their type.

I wouldn't worry too much and just focus on yourself when it comes to typing.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
@auquanx2

I can see that, sometimes I'm confused when Ne person tries to explain something but I find it funny.

I'm pretty flaky in my friendships, I can seem really close because I'm an open book and people will get emotionally attached, but I can just as well live without the certain person, I don't think I get very attached to people where I have a need to talk to them all the time... so basically, I can be as close as you want me to be, I'm loyal in the sense that i'll be there as long as you need me.

I naturally care about everyone, meaning... I want everyone to be happy, I don't have any special way to show my caring, it's whatever that person seems to need at the time (if you're hungry, i might cook something, if you're sad, i'll talk to you, if you need advice, i'll give it. That's how I care)

If you see I'm sad, ask me what's wrong, if I see you're willing to put aside whatever you're doing, just to talk to me, that tells me you care.

People who think I'm an angry person so when I have an issue, instead of discussing it and getting to a conclusion, they just brush it off saying/or thinking that I'm just annoyed because it's who I am, so my issue must not be very important.. which annoys me even more, and makes me appear even MORE angry.. etc etc.

How could you NOT know... haha. I try to hide my anger many times but it just shows on my face and even through my words. I tend to shut down and just stop talking all of sudden, usually because I'm thinking of whether it's my fault for being angry or the other person's fault...

Misunderstand my craziness for stupidity. People think i'm stupid because of the stupid things I did in my life, but I did them for excitement, and yes they were stupid but I'm not stupid, I can just be careless and bored so I look for excitement in the wrong places sometimes...

I have deep conversations all the time, I guess it depends what you mean by deep, but I can talk just about any subject the other person brings up...

Yes. sex. (and other things too but mostly sex), I don't mind talking but it can get boring if there's no laughter involved, and i hate movies.

I have a good ENTP friend on here and I've talked to other ENTPs as well, but in real life I don't know how that would work. I don't have many friends, just aquaintances, although I have one ENFP girl friend who I consider closer, and also my bf is ENFP. That Ne works pretty well for me, it always makes conversations fun :)

I talk a lot...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts