Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
special life circumstances: my mom was diagnosed with dementia a year ago and is now living in a memory care unit. It is very sad to watch this illness slowly destroy the brain of a brilliant woman, who earned a doctorate in sociology at the age of 48. She is now 96, and I am 61 and female. I am living by myself in my mom's house, and was her main caregiver until her condition deteriorated to the point at which I was no longer able to take care of her.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it
I like the first picture better than the second. The first picture literally feels as if the sky is the limit, while the second picture feels too limited. Even the human being is only a partial image and it’s hard to understand her because I can’t see her face. Or maybe the sky is not the limit. The sky is all about color and the magic of impending night. The water is calm, at least at the surface. Who knows what lies beneath the surface? Who knows what stories lurk there, with the fish and the sea creatures and the other creatures that don’t readily show themselves to us limited humans, who see with our eyes and not with our hearts. The water reflects the colors of the sky. I want to be there, dancing on the shore and maybe wading in the water, feeling the cool wetness of it all.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why? Dear new friend, I am a gnome. Well, I am called a gnome. I am a silly and artsy type of person who tries to be optimistic about life in general, as well as other people. I’d like to tell you more about me but I’d prefer that you asked me questions and then I would tell you about things that we both care about. I’m a good cook so, when we are having this conversation, I will serve you yummy food. (Thanks, Mom, for teaching me how to cook and bake!)

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? I would like to be a kind and caring friend. I want people to know that I care deeply about them. I would also like to continue to be curious about my world and able to learn from other people. Why? I am kind of old now, but I can still grow and become a better person. What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Mean, cynical, and a cranky curmudgeon. Why? No one wants to put up with such an unpleasant person, and I would swiftly find myself alone and frustrated and annoying to myself.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? I’m not sure. How do you think others would describe you? Scummmm? Uh, not sure. I think, or hope, that they would describe me as fun to have around. If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is? I have no clue.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the
Value Testand post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2. Here is my list: 1. Creativity (7 votes)
2. 2. Courage (7 votes)
3. 3. Freedom (6 votes)
4. 4. Curiosity (5 votes)
5. 5. Making a difference (4 votes)
6. 6. Peace (4 votes)
7. 7. Honesty (4 votes)
8. 8. Impartiality (3 votes)
9. 9. Kindness (3 votes)
10. 10. Optimism (2 votes)

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Will I like it? Will I not? How will I feeeeeeeeeeeel???
Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it? When I went on the Walk for a Nuclear Free Future, I was with a group of people who I didn’t know. I was walking with them for many miles. At first, it felt awkward, and I didn’t know how to connect with this group. After several days, I felt more confident and felt that I was making friends and fitting in with the group. It ended up by being a good experience. I made new friends, walked for many miles, and learned that I was very adaptable.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome. I don’t like stressful situations. They make me feel anxious and like I lost control over my own life. They make me feel like I can’t help other people, as I want to do. When my mother started getting up at night and trying to go down the stairs, I felt overwhelmed and helpless. I felt that I couldn’t keep her safe. I was afraid that I would not wake up when she left her room and that she would fall down the stairs. I cried and I asked her not to go down the stairs and that I would get her anything that she needed. It was very frightening.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome. In an enjoyable situation, I try to be fully present in the moment. I feel happy, and people tell me that it shows. My tap dance teacher called me “Smilie” because I never stopped smiling. I was having too much fun. One situation that was very enjoyable was when I rode a ferry across the river. It was so much fun. I took a lot of pictures and I wrote a blog post about the experience.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction? I like being with other people, either one on one or in groups (preferably small groups). Listening to other people tell their stories is very meaningful to me. I want to know about other people because people are interesting. Groups can be a problem for me because people all tend to talk at one time and I can’t tune out background noise. I can’t hear what other people are saying to me. It makes me feel very isolated, despite being with a lot of people.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole? For the most part, society is OK. I like customs and traditions as something to share with other people. Values, I see as more individual. Social norms can be all right sometimes but, other times, they are used as a control mechanism.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it? Authority, when well used, can be a tool to make sure that people are safe. When abused, authority can become very dangerous and must be opposed. I am kind of stubborn and I have tried my hardest to speak truth to power but haven’t always been very successful.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life? Pure chaos can be exhausting and pure order can be suffocating. I think that a little of both are needed to make life interesting and spicy but not too excessively confusing. For me, order is knowing what I will be doing at various times of the day. It is knowing that, in the spring, I will start working on people’s gardens. It is knowing that I will have freelance journalism jobs to do. It is knowing that I’ve cleaned my kitchen and can start cooking on another day. Chaos, on the other hand, isn’t always scary. It’s the unexpected things that happen, the bizarre scenes that occur. As a journalist, I am drawn to the unfamiliar and even the chaotic. There are stories in chaos that are worth telling.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act? I fear being alone forever and ever and being forgotten, as if I never existed. I’m not sure how this fear manifests itself in me.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by? I would like to write books and travel and tell stories about interesting people who I meet along the way. I have written some stories for the local newspaper and for my blog and I discovered that I really like to listen to people’s stories and to share them.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why? Activities that energize me include walking, painting, Zumba, tap dance, singing in a group, and swimming. Activities that drain me include going to meetings where everyone is arguing and talking at the same time. Anything that involves a lot of conflict and negativity will feel very draining.

17. Why do you want to know your type? To understand myself a little better. What type do you think you are? Either esfp or isfp. Why this/these type(s)?I can see myself as either one. Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Probably enfj. Why? Good listeners and very diplomatic. If you know your
enneagram, please post this here. 7w6 If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************************** (42.2)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.3)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.1)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFP, or ENFJ

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you? I can’t think of anything right now.

Reactions: Belzy

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,417 Posts
I also keep wondering between ESFP and ISFP, but I would guess ESFP cuz you seem externally focussed with your Fi in many ways/most of the times, Smilie. :)

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also keep wondering between ESFP and ISFP, but I would guess ESFP cuz you seem externally focussed with your Fi in many ways/most of the times, Smilie. :)
Yes, true enough.
:percsmile1:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is this me, posting from the future to reassure present day me that I will be this awesome someday? I sure hope so, my friend. I get the vibe that you have the heart/spirit of a child, and yet are more wise than even you realize. I am very curious to see what others have to say about your type. But thank you for putting a giant smile on my face :).

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this me, posting from the future to reassure present day me that I will be this awesome someday? I sure hope so, my friend. I get the vibe that you have the heart/spirit of a child, and yet are more wise than even you realize. I am very curious to see what others have to say about your type. But thank you for putting a giant smile on my face :).
Thank you for speaking from your big, beautiful heart. You gave me such a smile, too. :kitteh:

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*bump*
looking for more input!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts