Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on a first date with who I believe is an ISFP this evening. Any advice is welcome. So far, from the little browsing I'm doing it seems that freedom is a big word around here. I'm not really concerned with that on a first date, but what tips do you guys have for me? I've planned dinner at a quiet place where we can talk, am bringing her a single flower of some undetermined variety, and have plans for coffee and walking around a bit given how well things seem to progress. She seems like an extremely cool person, is into photography and writing, and very intelligent (something which attracts me greatly).

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the freedom thing until later on. Just be confident and compelling and you'll do well! ISFP girls are easy going and appreciate romance a bit. But I'm never one to overdo the romance early on. Have fun and see where it goes. All the best

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm totally getting easy going and slightly romantic as vibes. Good to know I'm reading properly. :wink:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Be open and honest.
Throw yourself at her.

That should do the trick.

Not joking by the way.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Throw yourself at her.

That should do the trick.

Not joking by the way.
Yeah, I wish I had read this prior to the date. WOW... I don't think I've ever been on a date with someone so... closed? I mean, the conversation all night was great. She was just so wishy-washy in decision making and body language. I couldn't nail her down on anything. I mean, I don't have a problem taking someone out of their comfort zone, but trying to figure out what her comfort zone was... again, wow.

It looks like I'll have to be the complete leader in this little adventure. That could be interesting. Ah well, I'll just get her drunk on the next date. That will make her MUCH easier to read.:wink:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
If that was me you were dating (lol), it would mean that I liked you a hell of a lot. There would be no comfort zone
at all, because you would be the reason why I was uncomfortable. And I do not mean uncomfortable in a way
where I would be better off with you not there, no. It's because most of the stuff I'm thinking of is considered
taboo on a first date, and since I'm familar with how easy it is to say something wrong or something turn-off-ish
I'd rather shut up, so basically keeping my mouth shut IS my comfort zone. I listen though, a lot. And I am
awesome when it comes to visualizing what others say, so I'll remember just about anything you say in good detail,
especially things that you like; If you mention an object that I can easily visualize in my mind I won't forget it, ever.

So yeah, perhaps you're better off using your E and underdeveloped J and throw yourself at her. If you
were a stranger, my Fi would start beeping "Warning, warning," but if I'd been on a date or two with you
all my cognitive functions would go "Holy shit, nice. Bring it! Tell me what you want, I'll give it!"

I haven't had a sip of alcohol alone with any of my dates in the past, so I wouldn't know what that would lead up to,
no wait, wait, I do know what that leads up to, I'll be all quiet boring wishy-washy and in the end it leads up to sex,
it always does. If my closest friends were there though, and I could focus on them, I'd be the one leading the party,
but that's usually when I'm not trying to -- and I'm saying this as manly as I possibly can -- get in someone's pants.

But yeah, this is me, not her. Even ISFP's listen to different types of music.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So you're strategizing with alcohol eh? Nice creepy person. if that's what I'm thinking, she might be thinking the same way too. Smile.

Yeah, I wish I had read this prior to the date. WOW... I don't think I've ever been on a date with someone so... closed? I mean, the conversation all night was great. She was just so wishy-washy in decision making and body language. I couldn't nail her down on anything. I mean, I don't have a problem taking someone out of their comfort zone, but trying to figure out what her comfort zone was... again, wow.

It looks like I'll have to be the complete leader in this little adventure. That could be interesting. Ah well, I'll just get her drunk on the next date. That will make her MUCH easier to read.:wink:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you're strategizing with alcohol eh? Nice creepy person. if that's what I'm thinking, she might be thinking the same way too. Smile.
LOL - That was a joke. :tongue: While I might think about making a point to introduce a couple drinks to ease comfort levels, I would never, ever, consider taking advantage of someone. It's simply not something I would ever do.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm not sure how other ISFPs are, but conversation is awkward for me, especially if I really like the guy! I'll hold back information when I fear it may not be accepted, but don't worry, that will get better with time. I usually have a clear-cut answer in my head, but I won't say it if I don't trust the person yet. This gives the appearance of me being wishy-washy. But don't get too discouraged, it just takes a while to earn our trust.

For me, sit-down dinner dates are always awkward, because the focus is on the talking. Dates where I'm up and moving, doing some activity, are much easier, since there is less pressure to keep a conversation going. Instead I can have fun, and fit some talking in here and there. We can still get to know each other, and it takes a lot of the pressure off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts