Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ah, sorry, I know that there's a lot of threads about this already.

I've been having trouble figuring out whether I'm INFP or ENFP. I am very sensitive, artistic, etc. (all of those traits). I also tend to look at the "general concepts" and "big picture" of things. When I recall memories or certain books, I tend to remember how I felt about the book, and not the actual plot of the book. (Unfortunately)!

I enjoy being alone and writing and drawing by myself. I can be by myself for long periods of time, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I enjoy my own company.

However, when I am in a crowd of people, I never feel uncomfortable. (Okay, scratch that, it really depends on the crowd of people, but as long as it's people that I trust and enjoy hanging out with, I'm never uncomfortable). I tend to laugh a lot and be louder with my friends. I'm generally more "warm" and "open," (not "shy" and "reclusive," as INFPs are described), and it isn't hard for me to speak to strangers. I also enjoy public speaking, though my voice does get a bit shaky.

I can initiate conversations with people, however, I have to sort of "egg myself on" to do so. I love meeting new people, though, and I really like new things in general. I also enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances.

Gah, I don't know why I'm posting this here, since it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it's been bothering me. Any help would really be appreciated! c:

·
Registered
780 Posts
What is your bigger problem:

Disorganization and lack of perseverence (inferior Si) - or inability to contradict people or impose your will, sometimes to the point of becoming a fake ally (inferior Te)?

What is your bigger strength:

Openness and novel mental connections (dominant Ne) - or creating and nurturing intimacy (dominant Fi)?

Are you an accommodating, easy-going presence that people take delight in being allowed to play around with (ENFP) or a maternal presence of refreshing, grounding seriousness (INFP)?

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you get more energy from being with people than being on your own, then you are an extravert and vice versa. Healthy INFPs are at ease in social settings, though they remain dominant introverts.

Reactions: EtherealComet

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is your bigger problem:

Disorganization and lack of perseverence (inferior Si) - or inability to contradict people or impose your will, sometimes to the point of becoming a fake ally (inferior Te)?

What is your bigger strength:

Openness and novel mental connections (dominant Ne) - or creating and nurturing intimacy (dominant Fi)?

Are you an accommodating, easy-going presence that people take delight in being allowed to play around with (ENFP) or a maternal presence of refreshing, grounding seriousness (INFP)?
I would say I have a bigger problem of not being able to contradict others; I'm not really assertive. (Inferior Te). <-- I'm really unfamiliar with the functions, so I'm not sure what Te is exactly.

My bigger strength is probably openness and new connections (Dominant Ne).

I wouldn't say I'm that much of a serious person, so I'd say I'm more of an easy-going presence. I am usually serious about things that I consider serious matters, but that's about it.

Does that mean I'm ENFP?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you get more energy from being with people than being on your own, then you are an extravert and vice versa. Healthy INFPs are at ease in social settings, though they remain dominant introverts.
Ah, this is really hard to figure out. I often feel really tired and worn-out when I'm with a crowd of people I don't know well/a crowd of strangers. However, when it's with a group of friends, I feel really energized, (I get more energy than when I'm alone). Am I an ENFP, then? Thank you. ^^

·
Registered
165 Posts
You're probably a healthy INFP with social skills, just from what I've read.

Reactions: EtherealComet

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, thank you. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts