Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

There's a slightly older ENFP colleague at work who i'm interested in but I have no idea if the feelings are mutual.
Because he's older, I feel that he tries to be careful not to show interest but i've noticed a few signs that indicates he might be:

-He's glances over at me a lot when amongst a group colleagues and always seems to position himself so that I am directly in his line of sight. One time I moved out of line of vision and he subtly moved in a place where he could see me again.

- He comes over to my desk pretty much everyday with information that wouldn't really require him to come over (things I already know).

-He once helped me out with a time-consuming work task that wasn't really his responsibility (I didn't ask him either, he just kind of did it and then told me afterwards).

- He tends to follow me in a very discrete way e.g. walking close behind me when all of our work colleagues are walking somewhere or walking out of a room when i'm the only other person that walks out.

- The last time I spoke to another male colleague in front of him, he kind of did this thing where he turned around so his back was to us and then he turned back around to face us and made a strange remark e.g. I showed an interest in the guys hobby and he then made the comment 'who knows, maybe you can teach us all how to do that' (he said it in a friendly way though).

I know that I could also just be over analysing this because of my interest in him, so I figured you guys may be able to offer an objective point of view.

Thanks in advance (and sorry for the essay!) :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If you're interested- since you both work at the same place, try to have lunch at the same time he does and get to talking! He might demure if you flirt directly, (I know direct flirting makes me uncomfortable, flirty as I am by nature... go fig) but if you spend any amount of time talking, it might embolden him.

If he asks you questions, you're in. Just take your time. :)

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
@Mina92

His behavior doesn't seem subtle to me. I'm sure that if you engage him, he will be happy. If you keep talking to him about things other than work, he will do the same. In my experience, the relationship will naturally progress if there is something there. You might tell him you're a fan of this song...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Both my cuz and myself are enfp ninjas, and we let people know that we were goofing around once the jig is up. I intentionally let myself get caught for fun. If you catch him spying and you wanna know what's up, Wink at him or smile at him a little, enfp naturally reciprocates a facial expression and would almost always return a bigger smile to people they are interested in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts