Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken several MBTI tests and I keep getting different results. Being online tests, I also doubt their accuracy. I thought asking actual people might work better. I'll describe myself in as much detail as I can, and hopefully someone can help me determine which type I am.

I'm a pretty independent person, I spend the majority of my time alone, and I feel like I'm kind of awkward, especially with meeting people and starting up conversations. I do enjoy having friends, and spending time with them, but overall I'm usually more comfortable on my own. That being said, I can also enjoy being around peoole, and like getting out and doing stuff often. I'm not at all good in large group situations, and I rarely talk, especially if it's a loud group. I enjoy one on one, or two conversations very much though, and always willing to make a new friend when I can. I prefer more quiet and intelligent people as opposed to loud or obnoxious people. When I'm with a friend though, I'm pretty talkative, especially if the conversation relates to something I enjoy like movies.

I'm really interested in Sci Fi movies and shows like Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, etc. Drawing is one of my favorite passtimes (both digital and on paper), and I also enjoy origami and other arts. I'm planning on going into an art degree. I love going to college. I've never had a job or really been obsessed with making money. I generally value my time and interests over making money. Not big on driving, it's usually a last resort for me. although I have a license and car, I prefer to rely on my family, friends and legs to get me where I need to go. I also usually prefer comfort and convenience over practicality.

I enjoy most humor, especially tongue in cheek stuff, clever or unexpected punchlines, and even some downright simple silliness occasionally. I don't like crude potty humor unless it's very subtle or cleverly done, and I don't at all like innuendo. I tend to like things (games, media entertainment, etc) with a point, and can grow annoyed at things I consider too dumb, simple, or cliche. Among things I dislike are sports games on TV (I have no objection to people playing sports for fun or exercise, I just think watching them is boring), poirly made "Michael Bay" explosive type movies, repetitive "Modern Warfare" shoot-em-up type games, etc. I really enjoy shows like Doctor Who that have a lot of creativity and thought, if it makes me go "Ohhhh...I see what they did there", it's great.

I am usually a pretty calm person. I don't usually get too over the top excited in public, although I try to express emotion over something I enjoy hearing. I usually don't get outright angry, instead if something upsets me I just spend time alone. I can be kind of argumentative sometimes, but this only happens online in non personal situations (forums, about movies, etc), I go out of my way not to seriously argue with or alienate my friends. I'm usually considered a pretty respectful person. I'm not at all a leader, and I hate being put into a leader position. I almost always walk slightly behind someone else because I'm so not-leaderlike. I also don't like talking to, or explaining things to a group, and i usually worry about whether they're listening and understand.

I try to think about others, help and show courtesy when I can (holding doors, etc) but I usually don't go far out of my way to assist someone. I'm pretty comfortable around both males and females (I'm a 19 year old singke male). I generally prefer interacting with people around my age (teenagers to mid 20s usually). I'm not extremely effected by looks, I'm fine with having homely friends. When it comes to the opposite gender, I'm still not extremely effected by looks, (in fact, sometimes a girl being considered extremely "hot" is a turn off for me.) I prefer everyday girls who look, dress, and act normal, not showing themselves off, etc. If I had to pick a style I find most attractive, it would probably be 'geek chic', or just t-shirt and shorts. Having an in shape body doesn't matter much to me.

I am pretty reserved, and I don't like talking about personal problems, injuries, troubles, etc around my family, although sometimes I'm a bit more open to friends. I usually don't like people worrying about me, or trying to help me, I prefer to handle things on my own as much as possible. I'm always open to constructive criticism and improvement, but I really don't like people picking on my style or pushing their suggestions on something I've developed a working system for, or something I've made my opinions on clear, or heavily implied. I like no to mean no without further nagging. This is one of the very few things in life that annoys me greatly.

As said, I don't like leading, I also don't like having to make big decisions on my own. I often second-guess myself, and wonder if I did the right thing later on. I don't like complex planning, and thinking about the future, I prefer to take each moment as it comes, "cross each bridge when I come to it". I rarely plan things out. I don't obsess about order and cleanliness, but I also don't like things to be too chaotic or messy. Pet peeve: too many power cords plugged into my laptop at the same time.

I often think about cause and effect, and reasons behind an occurrence, what makes things tick, etc. I can sometimes be curious and enjoy playing with simple objects out of boredom, like bending a straw, or stretching a rubber band, things like that, just to see what happens. I'm pretty hands on, and would rather handle something myself than watch others do it while I explain. (Example: I dislike watching someone play a video game, or work a computer while I explain how to work it. Hand me the controller, i'll SHOW you, lol.) I usually don't like following instructions (especially when complex), I like playing with something until I figure it out myself, or reading part of an instruction and figuring the rest out. I mostly learn from experience in most situations.

I enjoy trivia and fun facts, but I'm not good at memorizing theories, dates etc. I do have a good head for remembering when important life events happened though. I don't prefer math, or anything of similar complexity, but I can get very involved in puzzle solving, it just takes a lot of motivation.

I'm not an extremely active person, and don't enjoy playing sports, exercising, running, etc, I mainly prefer calm, 'sit down' activities.

That's about all that comes to mind right now, awesome if you read it all, and deep thanks! Hopefully you can judge my personality based on it, if not feel free to ask any questions!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks guys, that really helps. Yeah, I probably went overboard on info, but I wasn't sure what was needed, so I just thought I'd give you as much of my personality as possible. I'm very new to this whole idea, but INTP is actually what I was leaning towards myself, on the tests I got INTP several times, and INFP, and ISTP once. It really helps having people's opinions on the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.