Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 months of research and reading, I still am having trouble coming to conclusive evidence of my personality type. I would like the members of this forums input on what you think my type is, and more importantly, why.
A little bit about myself.
introversion vs. extroversion: This is one I have a difficult time determining. When defined as where energy is derived, I am clearly an extrovert. I am shy at first glance, but once a subject I know something about is brought up, I dominate the conversation. I am highly energized by social interraction. I could also be classified as an introvert though because I spend a lot of time inside my own head and often choose not to be outgoing when offered. I don't really like to talk to people who I feel are incompetent or people who will only offer reassurance instead of having a conversation(sometimes an argument).
Sensing vs. intuition: This has to be my most difficult function to recognize. I display many characteristics of both. I have a tendency to plan extremely far into the future. This is part of the reason I got involved in mbti, because I am trying to figure out which career path to take even though I just started college. I have my life planned until the day I die which is a very scary thing. People have also always told me I am mature beyond my years. But I also have many sensing qualities as well. I have very high standards in terms of design and have been complimented on my ability to put things in the perfect position to be the most aesthetically appealing. I also tend to shy away from N-types because I am very fit and highly competitive. I have played almost every sport well, except for hockey. Which brings me to another s quality, my memory. My ability to memorize statistics and numbers is unparalleled. I can effortlessly name every player taken in the first round and their pick number for the nba and nfl from 2008 and on. But S types also don't fit me at all when it comes to risk taking. In my first test I took, freshman year of high school, I tested istp. But after reading the descriptions,I cannot relate to the term risk taking. I will bet, but I downright refuse to go on roller coasters or do rock climbing walls. I have eased this fear over the last year to the point where I love to go hiking, but I am not going to ever be an adrenaline junkie like they describe stp's to be.
Thinking vs feeling: there is no question here, I have a thinking preference.
Judging vs perceiving: I feel like this function really isn't important as it is covered by the cognitive functions. But if it helps with the typing, I will provide a brief description. I am in school which I feel throws off the results of this. In school, I am play first work later. but when it comes to things that are important to me, I finish them significantly ahead of schedule. I do not keep a schedule, but I hate when other people get in the way of my time. I could be a P or a J, but I don't think the judging vs. perceiving function is valid or essential to typing.
added info-
I make my own judgements on whether someone is an authority, you have to prove yourself.
I am not good at emotional stuff
I get good grades, go to a top university
I am not a great test taker, but better than most
I am highly motivated by money
people have a natural inclination to like me, I make friends very quickly, but don't connect with them long enough to form friendships
I hate texting, emailing, facebooking, etc.
I am a below average writer and cannot seem to say what I meant to say in writing.
I have great sales skills
very concise in conversation. will say what I want to say and won't dance around in small talk to keeps a conversation going.
Sorry about the long post even though I know I forgot things. Ask if you need certain information to help type me. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
isn't there like a questionaire or something you can read and answer? you talking about yourself doens't help a lot, although I'd GUESS ISTJ. maybe ESTJ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken a lot of tests and have had inconsistent results. istp, intp, entj, intj, and estj are the most common

1 - 3 of 3 Posts