Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there ISFPs I'm an ENTP (like full blown ENTP but with quite a few developed cognitive functions) with a very well developed Fe, my Fe and Ne compete for first place on my cognitive function tests, and I REALLY like this ISFP :happy:, I'm pretty sure she's an ISFP.

She has a whole lot of the tell tale ISFP signs. She's introverted she is a P, she procrastinates and prefers to wait on making decisions, she is impulsive when it comes to doing some experience with a "let's do it attitude" before I've finished explaining it. Another ISFP like thing she does is wanting to know exactly how to get where she's going and she is completely lost without her GPS.

Anyway, any relationship advice for something like this?

Also is it typical of ISFPs to want to get to know someone for a long time before opening up emotionally to them?

I really like this gal, and I want it work.

She initiates almost all of the contact we have, which is pretty much daily, and if you ISFPs could let me know any tell tale signs she's really into me that would help.

Also she said I was "perfect" once and I find that she just initiates some type of physical contact for no reason. Like touching my arm or lightly tapping her leg so that it touches mine if we're sitting near each other when her leg is crossed.

Look I'm an ENTP I have a very difficult time figuring where I stand with people. It's why us ENTPs will just tell you something, like if we like you you can tell we like you because we'll say "I like you." So please help me if you can:unsure:.

If you need any other input from me let me know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also is it typical of ISFPs to want to get to know someone for a long time before opening up emotionally to them?

I really like this gal, and I want it work.

She initiates almost all of the contact we have, which is pretty much daily, and if you ISFPs could let me know any tell tale signs she's really into me that would help.

Also she said I was "perfect" once and I find that she just initiates some type of physical contact for no reason. Like touching my arm or lightly tapping her leg so that it touches mine if we're sitting near each other when her leg is crossed.

Look I'm an ENTP I have a very difficult time figuring where I stand with people. It's why us ENTPs will just tell you something, like if we like you you can tell we like you because we'll say "I like you." So please help me if you can:unsure:.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it is typical for us ISFPs to wait a while before opening up to people, myself included. Sometimes we never open up at all! If she does open up to you at any point that's a great sign.

All that physical contact is pretty much screaming "I'm into you", especially if she doesn't act that way towards others. ISFPs are all about subtlety. She may not be able to say something as direct as "I'm into you!"

I say go for her!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah I'm the same way when I approach a girl/woman (which ever one prefers to be called). I like to try to get to know them before i even consider really opening up. and like Jace said, sometimes I never do open to said girl. If she's like that with you go for it.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
enrol in the ENTP Charm School. Next semester starts in a few weeks!

and yes it can take us quite a while to open up emotionally, but if we keep on maintaining contact with you, it's a good sign

Reactions: XL Sweatshirt

·
Registered
372 Posts
Anyway, any relationship advice for something like this?
ENTP-ISFP is duality (a natural match). So just go for it and follow your instincts. Try to do things where you both can be yourselves, away from demands of the environment (work, school). Give each other time to show who you really are. Take some time to get used to each other.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey now... ISFP's are dern good with directions even without the dern gps! :p

I second Kayness and Sleepy, btw. We like to get to know people slowly over time. And ENTP's are indeed supposed to be our natural match. I've gotten along and have found myself quite attracted to a few ENTP males.

You could also just try honesty and simply asking her out. Even if you've misread the signs, which from what you've told us here, I don't think you have... ISFP's are never going to be freaked out by the fact that you're attracted. ISFP's are generally gentle souls, and will likely treat you with the same regards.

·
Registered
624 Posts
First off @Enz8 I hate you, you dog. (For all the ISFPs here, that was a complement, not an insult. He's an ENTP so he understands.) That "let's do it" attitude from an ISFP will doom us ENTPs every time.

If she's initiating a conversation with you, you're in. My experience is that is very hard for a ISFP to do unless they're very interested in you. Good luck and happy hunting (A good, romantic, save all the puppies type of hunting).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Like IndyAnnaJoan said, I've never been freaked out by someone bluntly telling me that they like me, so I don't think any harm would come from doing so.

If she initiates daily contact with you, that's huge. The physical contact is also a good sign, I only do this with someone I like.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah update for ya'll.

I broke up with her today. A few words: emotionally dependent (can't call me less than 3 times a day or see me less than every 48 hours), acts histrionic to get her way, has many issues, and struggles with stuff that any adult should already have covered in their lives.

Nothing against the personality type, it was good when it was I do like what I saw in the ISFP, but it was just her.

It's like I say. "A personality type is not a person."

Too bad. On to the next one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
um well are you sure she's an ISFp?

Hm is it an ISFp thing to be really emotionally dependent on significant others? I haven't gotten that vibe at all in my interaction with this ISFp girl I really like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts