Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been talking to this new guy for the last few weeks, and I really like him. So much so at this point that I'm trying my best to understand him so that I know what to avoid or do more of. He's very easy-going in the sense that he tells me it's hard to irritate him but I want to do better than that lol so I'm partly posting this to try to find what makes him tick. I do know he's Enneagram 2.

I'm not great at typing so all I can tell so far is that he's an INxx..I'm leaning more towards INxP but the last time he took a test forever ago, he got INFJ. I'm just gonna list some random info about him and hopefully something helps.

*He's very imaginative. Once when we were talking, he made up a fantastical story on the spot and it was full of vivid detail. I barely believed he was making it up right then. I guess this would indicate Ne. He also can't watch or read much stuff unless it has an imaginary element to it.

*He takes a lot of photos because he's very afraid of losing memories. And he's told me before that he's afraid of tomorrow because he's worried it'll be more than he could handle in the present. He's also afraid of the unknown in general; the idea of some unfathomable abyss.

*He has a hard time being alone. Definitely an sx-dom. He doesn't seem to care WHAT he's doing with other people, but if he's out alone he gets a lot of anxiety. I know that's normal for most, however it seems especially pronounced in his personality.

*He has a reputation for sharing a ton of controversial opinions on social media. He doesn't seem swayed by the feelings it triggers but I also don't think he's trying to piss people off. He just has a compulsive need to try to show a different perspective.

*He really likes history. One of his favorite past times is researching random historical articles. He's also somewhat of a conspiracy theorist and is fascinated with books like 1984.

I'm not really sure what else to add. If anyone can think of other stuff they'd need to know, I'll try to contribute more. Thanks in advance if anyone tries to help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cthulhu And Coffee said:
I'm not great at typing
You believe that your type is INFP, and he is probably an Enneagram Two (typically SJ, NF or SP) IF type. That doesn’t look like a challenge which needs a lot of preparation.

He's very easy-going in the sense that he tells me it's hard to irritate him but I want to do better than that
He also tells you INFP-T that you don’t need any special preparation for dealing with him, so we agree here. Take it easy!

Heidi Priebe: Here’s Which Myers-Briggs Type You’re Most Likely To Mistype As

INFP

It’s important to note here that INFPs are the most prone of any personality type to mistyping as something else. Because INFPs live in a world of identity possibilities, they enjoy thinking of themselves in various different lights and are able to thoroughly convince themselves – more so than any other type – that they truly are thinkers, judgers, etc. Their extroverted intuition allows them to see a situation from various different angles and their introverted feeling creates an emotional attachment to the type they decide on. For this reason, INFPs are more prone to mistyping than any other type.

Most likely to mistype as: INFJ

Why the mistype happens: Of all the mistypes that happen between any two types in the MBTI, INFPs mistyping as INFJs is by far the most common one – and this is not necessarily the INFP’s fault. INFPs are the least stereotypically perceptive perceivers. They tend to be quite routine-oriented and not particularly spontaneous in nature – they are open-minded and explorative in their thoughts, not their actions. However, since most free online type tests measure perception based on how physically spontaneous one is or is not, almost all INFPs test as INFJs when they first take an online quiz.

Another factor that leads INFPs to believe they are INFJs is the fact that INFJs are the rarest type statistically. Because INFPs tend to be highly creative and individualistic, most of them have never met another person quite like themselves (including other INFPs). For this reason, they find it fitting that their type is 1% of the population – they think this explains their individuality, when in reality it is their introverted feeling that sets them apart in this regard.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/07/heres-which-myers-briggs-type-youre-most-likely-to-mistype-as/

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Neetee -- I appreciate what I'm taking as a vote of confidence lol but the reason I posted was because I know a lot of people here type better than I do. I don't see harm in asking outside myself if it could help me understand better.

Also what I meant by "doing better," is by doing more than just not irritating him. As a 2 he likely won't be amazing at fully comprehending his own wants (not saying all 2s but come on...that's commonly true.) So if I can learn more psychologically, then I want to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts