Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we are again. I'm not very good at self-typing because I'm too painfully aware of my own bias. Help would be great on figuring out what it is I am.

Here's a questionnaire I've filled out.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I have a lot of similar behaviors as an INTP. I'm very relaxed, very easy-come, easy-go, but at the same time I need structure in my life. I can't go anywhere without my planner, and I can't "just hang out." I need a time and a place. I'm also not sure how I exactly process information, which has made me overly skeptical of everything about my MBTI.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for significance. I don't want to be another empty shell of a person, just another name on a tombstone. I'd like to remembered for something great and amazing, but the thing is that I'm too lazy to actually put it into motion. I have this problem a lot: stuff I plan out and have great ideas for, and then never do anything with it. I want to have an impact on the world so people remember me and say, "hey. That person was cool." I don't care if it's more on a smaller scale and not like, idk, Amelia Earhart or something, but it'd be nice to be remembered. I also would love to know more about my passionate interests.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Theater is great because I feel like I can be me without actually being me. I am incredibly comfortable with putting on a mask (even though I despise social exteriors more than anything). The confidence that comes with knowing so many people are looking up to you on a stage under a single spotlight, and knowing that people are picking you out is kind of cool. But at the same time it's where I feel most comfortable, and that is what is most important to me. As long as I'm enjoying what it is I'm doing, no one else matters. Similarly, finishing a picture I'm really proud of is a moment of high importance for me because I feel like I've finally accomplished something new on the ladder.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Okay, time to be really snobby. I despise not being as intelligent as I like to think I am. Whenever I don't know the answer to a question, it really grinds on my nerves and I inwardly freak out that I don't know everything. I don't like being shown up by other people, so if I know I'm bad at something I avoid it alltogether. There's no purpose in doing something if you suck at it, if you ask me. This is the main reason I'm not active; I can't stand the fact that I'm going to be the only one on the field screwing up. This is also the main reason I'm not part of any clubs; I don't wanna mess up and make a fool of myself.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

About 70 percent of it is logic, 25 percent of it is indifference to the situation, and the last 5 percent is how much I care about a situation. Most people tend to come to me with social problems because they know I don't care enough to spread rumors. I literally don't care enough about their situation to do anything about it because I've reasoned there's no point to stir up drama. If I hold enough personal care about a certain situation, then I'll do what needs to be done.

This question is a little weird. I don't really know how else to reply -- sorry for the inconvenience.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Getting it done. I feel like most of the projects I do are really boring and a waste of my time because I'm not doing something I excel at. I want to be able to grow in an area I thoroughly enjoy, such as astronomy, instead of being stuck with say, Biology. If I think something's stupid, I'll do the minimum that is required to get a decent grade, and leave it at that. If i'm impassioned by something, I'll probably slave over it for as long as necessary until I'm finally satisfied.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

One time some friends and I helped another ex-friend out with a photoshoot for their photo class, and then we called up another two people (so there were about 5 of us) and went to a small creek, which we proceeded to spend the next 5 hours wandering around and chatting and telling jokes. I'm not a very sociable person, but this was great. We were surrounded by beautiful weather, and everyone got along really well at the time. It was nice to do something a little different while still having the same talks that we would have while sitting down.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I'll read a lot about it. If I'm into something, I'll head to Google and spend hours researching it. (Much like I did with MBTI when I first found out about it.) Then from there, once I feel like I've gathered enough information, I'll start coming up with my own ideas and concepts and try my best to apply it in the real world, because otherwise I feel like all the information I've absorbed has just gone to waste. If there's no practical use, there's really no point. Sometimes it's fun to absorb information just for the heck of it, but at the same time I feel like it's wasteful.

I have a really strong memory as well, so retaining information is pretty easy.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm slightly organized. My room's still a mess, but my backpack is pretty nice looking. I have a schedule and a planner I stick to, but I can never find anything on my desk. Sometimes I go through "cleaning" phases where I just pick up junk and throw it away and organize, and then it just goes to hell real fast. I'm organized where I need to be, I guess. If it's essential, I'll take care of it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm more of a principle seeker. If I can understand the big picture, then I can start searching for the small details to strengthen my claim. If you don't understand the basic theory, then gathering factual evidence is useless. Besides, most people are more swayed by emotions as opposed to logic, so it's fairly easy to give one or two facts and a sob story and convince them of something else. Of course, this isn't the case for some people, but this is still fairly common so I decide constant searching for more evidence is just unnecessary unless you're talking with a really logical person.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely what I'm doing with myself. I am very independent and do not like being trampled on. If I feel like someone's being a bitch, I'll let them know. I have had a huge problem with getting in fights with teachers because their assignments are incredibly unfair. I'm not really afraid to challenge authority if I disagree with them, which lands me in trouble fairly often. However, on a social level I'm far more amenable. I become more callous and indifferent and bored because I don't want to disturb the other social tensions people have built up, unless someone violates one of my really strong moral beliefs. Then my feelings go kind of wacko and I flip the hell out.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

It depends. Most of the time I'm a very deliberate and slow speaker, but when I get impassioned it gets harder for me to keep track of my words. If I am really really angry with someone, I'll restate my point like 5 times in slightly different manners. Essentially, when I'm mad my feelings take over and I hate it. But then it'll die down shortly after. I prefer one-on-one conversations far more to group ones. I feel like you can make a relationship far more real and you can talk about more interesting topics that aren't more likely to be discussed in a group.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I agree that action speaks more than words, but I'm definitely a cautious person. I constantly map out what's going to go wrong (never the positives lmao) before I do something, and then act on it. My sister is the complete opposite. I don't like to head into something that I'm not expecting and enjoy being in control of a situation, so I'm more deliberate on the situations I place myself into.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'll probably tell my friend I'll join them after my show's over. I don't want to miss my favourite show, but I also have a bad case of feeling intense regret when I don't join in with someone's plans (as if I'm unneeded) so I tell them to text me where they're going and when they'll be there so I can join them afterwards.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Oh boy, I'm not really sure. Surprisingly enough, I'm not affected by stress very often. I withdraw from people far more (I'm unsociable anyways, but I won't go to grab lunch with school friends or greet htem in halls, stuff like that) and refuse to talk to anyone or else I snap. I just get what needs to get done over with and stay away from everyone until I can get the situation under control and feel comfortable enough to return to my group.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Clingyness, arrogance (kind of guilty), loudness, and to some degree, spontaneity. I hate it when other people can't be bothered to rely on themselves, because I feel like they're burdening others. As for arrogance, it pisses me off seeing others bragging about how beautiful their picture was or whatever it is they're proud of, because it doesn't matter in the long run. I despise seeing people thinking how amazing they are, when they're really just sad and lonely. Loud people bother me because I prefer quiet atmospheres, and so someone coming along and screaming in my face just grates on my nerves way too quickly.

As for spontaneity, I like being in control of a situation, and when someone doesn't give me all the sides of a certain situation, I'll feel really uncomfortable. If it continues, I'll just eliminate that person from my life alltogether.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like having deep, existential conversations about stupid stoner stuff (i.e. stuff about souls, how big the universe is, etc.) because I find it more entertaining. It's cool to talk about string theory and white holes and black holes and the possibility of wormholes, etc. I like discussing topics about larger than life questions, which is strange because I hate not knowing everything.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life

Oh God I have no idea. Social status? I could care less about what others think of me. I don't care if someone thinks my hair is too short. I don't care if someone thought I was rude for telling them they were wrong in a certain class. Honestly, I don't pay attention to a lot of things unless they directly spark my interest.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think they see me as really timid and shy, which I suppose could be true because I don't like exerting my power over others (unless they're legit idiots or they refuse to do any work). My friends would never call me amicable or gregarious, but they'd probably believe me to be really excitable. Which is not true at all -- most of the time I actually feel like I'm bored, but outwardly it appears like I'm really passionate about something.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I fly to Japan on a private jet, splurge on materialistic things (like a new tablet, clothing, anime and manga, stuff like that) whilst in Japan, watch some movies, and go to a concert for my favourite band, then end the day with meeting said band.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
This is a huge shot in the dark, but have you considered INFP? You strike me as an Fi dom that greatly values logic.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Somehow I still get Ni&Se impression from you. INTJ or ISFP?

Reactions: Enistery

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a huge shot in the dark, but have you considered INFP? You strike me as an Fi dom that greatly values logic.
I have considered INFP, but it doesn't make much sense because I feel like I rely a lot more on Se than I do Si. I'm also largely lacking in emotions unless I get incredibly passionate about something. I'm not sure if that's a huge example of Fi-dom or Fi-tert, but me relying on my inner emotions all the time doesn't seem to make much sense. In term of Ne vs Ni, this is what has confused me the most on my typing...

Would you care to elaborate more?

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somehow I still get Ni&Se impression from you. INTJ or ISFP?
INTJ is what I've figured I was (thanks to that post I had a few months ago, thank you for that!) But I haven't considered ISFP at all.

I feel like Fi-dom doesn't suit me because I am mostly lacking in emotions unless I get really passionate about something...

Is the Ni-Se the main basis you have for ISFP, or is there something else that really struck you as ISFP? I'm not very good at self-analysis, becuase like I mentioned before, I feel like I'm way too biased about myself.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Is the Ni-Se the main basis you have for ISFP, or is there something else that really struck you as ISFP?
Yup. Don't seem like extrovert Se or Te dom. So that left 2 options.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
I have considered INFP, but it doesn't make much sense because I feel like I rely a lot more on Se than I do Si. I'm also largely lacking in emotions unless I get incredibly passionate about something. I'm not sure if that's a huge example of Fi-dom or Fi-tert, but me relying on my inner emotions all the time doesn't seem to make much sense. In term of Ne vs Ni, this is what has confused me the most on my typing...

Would you care to elaborate more?
As an INFP, I definitely wouldn't say I'm emotional all the time. Of course, there are definitely INFPs that are extremely emotional, but I don't relate to them much (for instance, I cry probably >5 times a year). Anyway, the sentence I bolded seems pretty indicative of higher-order Fi - I definitely relate to it. ISFP may be a possibility considering you seem to think you relate to Ni/Se, but I'm going to go through your answers and try to clarify which functions you use.

1. Okay, I don't relate to this much. :p However, I'm not really sure if it's indicative of any functions in particular.
2. Most of this seems Fi/Ne with inferior Te to me. You have a deep desire for your life to be meaningful (Fi), have lots of ideas that you'd like to put into motion (Ne) but are reluctant to act (inf. Te).
3. Fi/Te is here for sure, but it also looks like you may have Se (although my ENFP sister loves performing, so I'd say it's just probably an indicator that your lead extroverted function is perceiving).
4. Fi and Te.
5. Fi/Te again, I'd say.
6. Fi for certain.
7. Another indicator of an auxiliary extroverted perceiving function - I'd probably lean Se over Ne for this one, although it could go either way.
8. Ne/Te, although I do differ from you in that I don't always necessarily need to apply my ideas in the sense of making them public (although I enjoy testing them out myself, and if I'm satisfied with the results, I'll probably share them).
9. I'd say this is probably indicative of a lead introverted judging function (Fi or Ti).
10. I'd say this is more of an 'N' answer over an 'S' one, although I'm not sure if any particular functions can be pinpointed. You're a big picture thinker and don't like to get bogged down by details until you understand the theory, and even then details aren't very interesting.
11. Fi/Te.
12. Fi.
13. This seems like Ne. Also, the fact that you need to "be in control of a situation" likely indicates that you lead with a judging function.
14. Fi, but also what looks like a feeling preference (specifically the part about guilt).
15. I'm not really sure if this indicates much of anything - a preference for introversion, maybe?
16. Fi.
17. Highly valued intuitive function, but this looks slightly more Ni than Ne to me.
18. Fi.
19. Fi and Ne or Se.
20. Se.

So after doing this again, I'm not sure if I can say for sure whether you're an INFP or ISFP, but you definitely look like an Fi-dominant type at the very least. I can see why you'd lean towards the latter since I didn't pick up on much Si, though.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Hm, you're a strange one, though I guess I should welcome you to the club of people who eternally doubt their types. :laughing:

I agree with the others, you do seem rather Fi, though you haven't annoyed me in our discussions on Sonic and Eva, so that's out for the jury. I honestly can't tell whether you're Ne or Se, though, cause I read one question and say "oh, that's Ne.", then I read the next and I get an Se vibe from it, it's pretty confusing. :frustrating: Though, if I HAD to peg one, INFP.

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hm, you're a strange one, though I guess I should welcome you to the club of people who eternally doubt their types. :laughing:

I agree with the others, you do seem rather Fi, though you haven't annoyed me in our discussions on Sonic and Eva, so that's out for the jury. I honestly can't tell whether you're Ne or Se, though, cause I read one question and say "oh, that's Ne.", then I read the next and I get an Se vibe from it, it's pretty confusing. :frustrating: Though, if I HAD to peg one, INFP.
Ah maannn this is such a struggle.

I don't think I'm INFP because I'm pretty sure I use Se more than I do Si, but I don't know if I use it high enough for ISFPs.

I'm good on picking up on tension and little details, but only if I'm feeling "in the zone" or motivated enough, which I think is an INTJ thing.

But at the same time, while I need structure, I'm okay with things being last minute. I LIKE to know what I'm doing, but I don't need it to function, which is more of an ISFP thing (I think? I haven't looked into ISFPs much........xSFx types confuse me.)

·
Registered
10,962 Posts

I don't think I'm INFP because I'm pretty sure I use Se more than I do Si, but I don't know if I use it high enough for ISFPs.

I'm good on picking up on tension and little details, but only if I'm feeling "in the zone" or motivated enough, which I think is an INTJ thing.

But at the same time, while I need structure, I'm okay with things being last minute. I LIKE to know what I'm doing, but I don't need it to function, which is more of an ISFP thing (I think? I haven't looked into ISFPs much........xSFx types confuse me.)
I didn't think I was the type I am, but hey, things just end up sneaking up on you, it seems. :happy:

But rereading it, you do seem like an Se type with a bit of Ni, so there's that. ISFP, imo. :laughing:

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
From your post overall, I get that you are definitely Fi/Te (in whichever order).

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Okay, time to be really snobby. I despise not being as intelligent as I like to think I am. Whenever I don't know the answer to a question, it really grinds on my nerves and I inwardly freak out that I don't know everything. I don't like being shown up by other people, so if I know I'm bad at something I avoid it alltogether. There's no purpose in doing something if you suck at it, if you ask me. This is the main reason I'm not active; I can't stand the fact that I'm going to be the only one on the field screwing up. This is also the main reason I'm not part of any clubs; I don't wanna mess up and make a fool of myself.
This sounds so much like low-order Te. Like Te inferior. Like it's textbook Te inferior.

If I think something's stupid, I'll do the minimum that is required to get a decent grade, and leave it at that. If i'm impassioned by something, I'll probably slave over it for as long as necessary until I'm finally satisfied.
This to me seems like Fi>Te (in that order) as opposed to Te>Fi. I feel like Te>Fi wouldn't complain about this and would just do it. Te isn't really much to complain about things, anyway. That's more Fi.

I'll read a lot about it. If I'm into something, I'll head to Google and spend hours researching it. (Much like I did with MBTI when I first found out about it.) Then from there, once I feel like I've gathered enough information, I'll start coming up with my own ideas and concepts and try my best to apply it in the real world, because otherwise I feel like all the information I've absorbed has just gone to waste. If there's no practical use, there's really no point. Sometimes it's fun to absorb information just for the heck of it, but at the same time I feel like it's wasteful.
This is how I know that you are a Te preferrer. And out of context it seems like a Te>Fi preference.

I have a really strong memory as well, so retaining information is pretty easy.
Lucky you :(

If I feel like someone's being a bitch, I'll let them know. I have had a huge problem with getting in fights with teachers because their assignments are incredibly unfair. I'm not really afraid to challenge authority if I disagree with them, which lands me in trouble fairly often. However, on a social level I'm far more amenable. I become more callous and indifferent and bored because I don't want to disturb the other social tensions people have built up, unless someone violates one of my really strong moral beliefs. Then my feelings go kind of wacko and I flip the hell out.
This sounds to me so much like a strong Fi preference. I could easily see Fi dom. It just seems to me like a little Fi rebel who says "fuck the establishment" and speaks up against it. I just wouldn't expect this behavior from a stronger Te preferrer.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I agree that action speaks more than words, but I'm definitely a cautious person. I constantly map out what's going to go wrong (never the positives lmao) before I do something, and then act on it. My sister is the complete opposite. I don't like to head into something that I'm not expecting and enjoy being in control of a situation, so I'm more deliberate on the situations I place myself into.
I was wondering if you could expound on this point and give some real-life examples of how this applies.

I'll probably tell my friend I'll join them after my show's over. I don't want to miss my favourite show, but I also have a bad case of feeling intense regret when I don't join in with someone's plans (as if I'm unneeded) so I tell them to text me where they're going and when they'll be there so I can join them afterwards.
I really think you prefer Fi over Te. I just couldn't see Te struggling with this. Maybe I'm being too close-minded, but there are tons of clues pointing toward Fi>Te and not a lot pointing toward Te>Fi.

and to some degree, spontaneity.
I find it so interesting that you would mention this of all things... because if you were an INFP, your Point of Least Resistance (PoLR) would be the spontaneity function: Se. :laughing:

As for spontaneity, I like being in control of a situation, and when someone doesn't give me all the sides of a certain situation, I'll feel really uncomfortable. If it continues, I'll just eliminate that person from my life alltogether.
This here, too, seems a bit like it could be inspired by Se PoLR.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I fly to Japan on a private jet, splurge on materialistic things (like a new tablet, clothing, anime and manga, stuff like that) whilst in Japan, watch some movies, and go to a concert for my favourite band, then end the day with meeting said band.
I think you could be an INFP. These materialistic tendencies are Si.

That would be my most confident typing. Secondarily, I would suggest any of the Te/Fi-axis types.
[hr][/hr]
edit:

Could you write about why you believe yourself to prefer Se and not Ne?

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
@emberfly

Gah, this is hard to explain because I think Ni vs Ne is that one function people can only explain if they have it.

"Introverted Intuition will take pieces of abstract information and make sense of it. It is not interested so much in concrete facts, as it is with the essence of ideas and theories, and how they all fit together. They are very good at recognizing patterns."

This sums me up perfectly. I am really adept at reading between the lines and obsess over finding deeper meaning behind something, whether it's art, a book, a poem, etc. etc. I am very good at understanding the abstract. My mom gets tired of me being able to understand poems with ease REALLY quickly.

Umm, let's say a poem has the word "melancholy" in it. Because I know what the word melancholy means, I can continue to make some sort of theory about the poem being sad. Oh, wait, the poem uses the word "joyous" two words after it? No problem, maybe the poet is just reminiscing about being happy or describing the scenario before him/her at the time as being melancholy.

I'm sorry, this doesn't do a very good job at explaining how Ni (or Se for that matter) works in my life, but it's the best I can do. I use details to uncover various truths about something.

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HA! I can barely explain it myself, as it just comes out when my Se isn't on. :laughing:
You just summed me up in one sentence; "it comes out when my Se isn't on." I'm bored and not feeling like I wanna be involved in the physical world? Ni pls.

(btw do you have a Skype? I really want to talk with you more -- you seem really neat and I love having conversations with you!)

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
You just summed me up in one sentence; "it comes out when my Se isn't on." I'm bored and not feeling like I wanna be involved in the physical world? Ni pls.

(btw do you have a Skype? I really want to talk with you more -- you seem really neat and I love having conversations with you!)
Yeah, although it's actually my inferior function, so that's fun. :laughing:

And, well, I could get one easily... but slight problem, and that has to do with the fact of the speech impediment. :frustrating: Would like to talk with you more, though, you seem to like a lot of the series that I do, so that's cool. :laughing:

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, although it's actually my inferior function, so that's fun. :laughing:

And, well, I could get one easily... but slight problem, and that has to do with the fact of the speech impediment. :frustrating: Would like to talk with you more, though, you seem to like a lot of the series that I do, so that's cool. :laughing:
I mean, there are chat boxes for a reason, too! I'm not much of an actual speaker anyways, haha. It gets harder for me to think of what to say.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
I mean, there are chat boxes for a reason, too! I'm not much of an actual speaker anyways, haha. It gets harder for me to think of what to say.
Oh yeah, I keep on forgetting about the chat boxes, maybe it's just the reputation of it being; 'Face to face convos over the internet? AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.' :wink:

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah, I keep on forgetting about the chat boxes, maybe it's just the reputation of it being; 'Face to face convos over the internet? AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.' :wink:
Haha, I get where you're coming from.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.