Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to do this to you, but I'm fairly (brand) new here. I took the MBTI test a while back and got INTP. After reading through much of these threads, I'm feeling that INTP's are more or less "Mr. Freeze's", robotic creatures derived entirely from the world of logic. I don't feel that really describes me. I am an Introvert, always Thinking, and hardly care for whatever is happening arounnd me. But I also am a bit "crazy". I love puzzles, especially abstract ones (yes, such as riddles, I am a nerd). So, bottom line: Can anybody help me out?

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
You sound like an INTP and your description sounds more INTJ.

Don't get caught up in the MBTI stereotypes. There is a Spock thing some INTPs try to project, it's more about fitting the MBTI mold. But still, that mold is more INTJ.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Be honest; helps with functions:

If someone logically proves you wrong, will you be easily swayed to their thinking because their logic won, or will you not care and stick your logic anyway?

Same question with morals, values, ethics. (If you are religious, don't take it to that, but take it to basic values and ethics and morals). If you find out that your values seem off, would you be more willing to change them, or do you stick with them even if they seem wrong to others?

·
Banned
670 Posts
you sound intp, who is doubting themselves with an intj stereotype. The stereotypes given to the types fit almost no one, plus you chose the wrong stereotype.
Oh btw do you have any good (math, or logic) riddles you are willing to share? I absolutely love riddles!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
INTP seems likely. Most of the generalities associated with types are way off. Often, the long personality descriptions you find will be obnoxiously extreme - "Because the INTP has inferior Extraverted Feeling, they are never ever nice to anyone, ever, and they have no emotions." (I'm exaggerating, of course, but sometimes it really seems that bad.)

The best way is to familiarize yourself with the cognitive functions. It takes a little more effort, but it really helps you understand yourself and your type more. There is a good cognitive functions test here on PerC.

But just from what little you said, INTP is not out of the question. I have been with an INTP for six years and he can be quite eccentric, he is not robotic at all. His world is centered around the facts and logic he has organized in his head.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
There are so many stereotypes about MBTI types. From what I've seen of you, you're probably an INTP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts