Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. After long searches, I think I might finally be an INTP. I relate to Ti - Fe and Ne - Si functions a lot. I also relate this description.
However, there a few things that don't quite seem to fit and bother me.
For starters, I do not have that INTP specific patience. Quite the contrary, when I want something I am very eager to get it going. I tend to want things to happen at the right moment. I also know dom. Ti makes people talk very slowly, but I used to talk really fast, and actually had to practice talking slower. I am quite impulsive and hectic.
I am def. sure I am not an ENTP because I am quite introverted in both socially and functionally.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't think the speed at which you talk factors into typing, it's the amount of time it takes to form what you're going to say before hand. For example, if you start talking without having a clear idea in mind of where you want to go, that's not in our field. We generally take time to plan what we're going to say before starting. That's one of the functions our Ti does, I would assume.

And hey, we don't all fit into our types like a glove. For the time that you're here and afterwards, hello and welcome.

·
Banned
802 Posts
There is no recipe for this. Hang out and about, see if it sounds like you. I was basically "OMG how do they sit inside my head? Are they rrreeeaaalllll???" after I read the 'You know you are an INTP when...' Seriously I don't remember how many pages I've read... 100? Maybe more?
Welcome and hello. No labeling required.

Reactions: dwelfusius

·
Registered
INTP 6w7 sx/sp
2,472 Posts
For starters, I do not have that INTP specific patience. Quite the contrary, when I want something I am very eager to get it going. I tend to want things to happen at the right moment. I also know dom. Ti makes people talk very slowly, but I used to talk really fast, and actually had to practice talking slower. I am quite impulsive and hectic.
As far as I can tell you are an INTP - those things do seem to be quite INTP anyway.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
You are not an INTP. Okay. I answered correctly. What do I win?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
You win an ice cream cone with sprinkles and chocolate syrup on top. Now let's go get it, champ.
Sorry, I'm not an ice cream person. However, if you retract your sarcasm, I may just share some of this with you. I made a batch earlier today, and they're friggin awesome.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry, I'm not an ice cream person. However, if you retract your sarcasm, I may just share some of this with you. I made a batch earlier today, and they're friggin awesome.

It wasn't meant to be insulting sarcastic, it was meant to be joking sarcastic. And no thanks, I'm not a banana person.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cmon guys be nice tihi, I would love to see some feedback on this.Damn it now your post makes me doubt my type again, I too can be a waterfall and if I am motivated enough can't wait to start something.although the thinking part of the process does appeal the most to me.hmm.what?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello everyone. After long searches, I think I might finally be an INTP. I relate to Ti - Fe and Ne - Si functions a lot. I also relate this description.
I am def. sure I am not an ENTP because I am quite introverted in both socially and functionally.
I'm trying to talk slower too, for the same reasons you are. It's probably an Ne thing, which, in its auxiliary position, would be as prominent as Ti in many situations. It varies, really, because we're all people with different ways of presenting ourselves. There are many reasons a person could talk fast. For me, it's either because A) I'm so caught up in the ideas and thoughts I cook up that I'm eager to extrovert them, or B) I want to get the speaking over-with so I could be quiet again. Yet, I'm confident that I'm INTP, due to my understanding of the functions and how much the type descriptions resonate with me. Plus, I can't keep up with most Ne-doms :laughing:

Introverts look inward first during cognitive processing, extroverts look outward first. Are you operating from within, or out?

I think if you can relate to the function stack, more so than the ENTP one, you're INTP. As those before me have said, talking speed isn't THAT massive a factor in typing.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Rarely are people 100% of one type without any doubt. Example;

-I tend to think of the worst possible outcome in situations that make me nervous (this is said to be an INFP trait, but I don't do it often and only when I'm in situations I don't like. It's likely most INTPs do this, being chronic over thinkers)

-I'm very eager to get things going too, but can be patient sometimes. It highly depends on the situation.

Watch this:

You appear INTP to me, but who knows? I've seen threads a couple years ago of people confidently being INTPs and now their type is changed to INFJ. Go figure.

·
Registered
619 Posts
An INTP can easily be a fast talker if it's on a subject they're extremely familiar with and have had practice discussing. I think when it's a new subject with a lot of information to absorb and understand that we get the stereotypical "stare off into space for five minutes before saying something". Bring up a conversation about neuroscience and I'll have a million and one things to say in a flash; do the same with the history of the Mediterranean and I'll be quiet and listening for hours before I have anything pertinent to say.

·
Registered
553 Posts
An INTP can easily be a fast talker if it's on a subject they're extremely familiar with and have had practice discussing. I think when it's a new subject with a lot of information to absorb and understand that we get the stereotypical "stare off into space for five minutes before saying something". Bring up a conversation about neuroscience and I'll have a million and one things to say in a flash; do the same with the history of the Mediterranean and I'll be quiet and listening for hours before I have anything pertinent to say.
Yeeey new info goes my mind at that point :D (always loved history, the si is high in this one maybe that's why) ,just don't start talking to me about your beach vacation. I.Don't. Care.

Is it me or are intps more fond of using things like brackets and interpunction in conversation ? Sometimes I bracket in my brackets and I just finish with one.

Edit:sorry mind running of again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.