Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are times when I feel he and I are close and other times it seems he has a barrier around herself.
  • There was one time when he mentioned to me about how he can be himself around me
  • he sometimes play jokes and does annoying little things.. like if I'm driving, he'd put my gear to neutral and he would tell me she does that to annoy me a little and that he does it to some other people too.
  • he sometimes compliments me such as "I like how you're not judgemental..etc"
  • he seems to be more quiet and less playful when we are alone together but when he's with other people or in big group, she's loud and the center of attention
  • it feels he's annoyed with me sometimes
  • he can be brutally honest when i ask him questions
  • other times he just feels so distant

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Are you with Sybil? (probably dating myself with that one).

Not that it matters but I am curious simply due to the interchange
of gender. Is this a guy or a gal?

Simple rundown? Thats pretty ENTP stuff you mention.
We are all over the place. One minute we are joking about
race relations the next we are trying to determine the
possibilities of a cat actually suffocating someone while they sleep and
the validity of such claims.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you with Sybil? (probably dating myself with that one).

Not that it matters but I am curious simply due to the interchange
of gender. Is this a guy or a gal?

Simple rundown? Thats pretty ENTP stuff you mention.
We are all over the place. One minute we are joking about
race relations the next we are trying to determine the
possibilities of a cat actually suffocating someone while they sleep and
the validity of such claims.
It's a guy but I got paranoid in thinking that he may check this forum lol but I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Because you mentioned it's pretty much an ENTP thing, do you behave this way with everyone (including strangers)? Or is it just to people you find close to? Like based on his behavior, do you think I'm at least in his "inner circle"?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you're a sensing feeler, all I can say is good luck. It's going to be difficult for you because you're always going to be trying to figure out his behavior and make sense of it. And when you can't, you'll take it personally. This is just a generalization based on my experience with similar types and isn't really an assessment of you as an individual (just my best guess). I don't know how long you've been seeing him, but if you want it to work, you just have to meet him halfway, allow him some intuitive moodiness because there will be times he will see you as needy or rigid and will also have to communicate and adapt. Best thing you can do is keep the line of communication open about how you're feeling. We ENTPs like to have everything up front. Give it to us straight.

Reactions: Senah

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
976 Posts
If you're a sensing feeler, all I can say is good luck. It's going to be difficult for you because you're always going to be trying to figure out his behavior and make sense of it. And when you can't, you'll take it personally. This is just a generalization based on my experience with similar types and isn't really an assessment of you as an individual (just my best guess). I don't know how long you've been seeing him, but if you want it to work, you just have to meet him halfway, allow him some intuitive moodiness because there will be times he will see you as needy or rigid and will also have to communicate and adapt. Best thing you can do is keep the line of communication open about how you're feeling. We ENTPs like to have everything up front. Give it to us straight.
Yeah, this. I don't think you are going to have a lot of luck getting us to explain or justify why we are doing things when we haven't planned out why we do or think things. Impulsivity is part of who we are, for good or bad. That ability to roll with things, go with the flow, etc. is how we talk our way out of trouble, get along with different people and in different situations, but it also means we can have mood shifts quickly, lose interest quickly, be charming and then irksome...

The plus side is that we are not generally really sensitive about honesty, so just tell us if you are thinking something because a) we will respond to that, and b) we are unlikely to be good at mind reading. If I have a problem with my friend, I am unlikely to bitch to other friends about it or try and understand her motivation or be wounded and quiet. I just say, "when you did this it annoyed me or made my day really difficult, etc." and they say their peace and then I totally let it go. Try it - we usually appreciate that style of problem mitigation and management.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts