Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've taken numerous quizzes and I always get either EII or IEI, in about the same frequency. I'm definitely MBTI INFJ, and 2w1 enneagram; the descriptions for each fit me well and numerous tests have told me the same thing. I can't figure out if EII or IEI is more "me," though, so I need your help. I'm going to fill out the questionnaire from the sticky. Please forgive me if I'm too verbose!

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty can be found in literally anything. Anything that provokes deep emotion. A sunset, a flower, another person, a song, a sentiment, a moment in time... Beauty, to me, is a very abstract concept, but very, very common in our world.
Love is... a deep appreciating for someone or something based on its inherent qualities as you perceive them, in its most basic form. Love for another person can become the deepest, most all-consuming experience you'll ever come across. Love is the best thing in the world and the worst thing in the world. When/if you find the right person, though, it's far more beautiful than you could ever imagine until you've actually experienced it. It makes life worth living.

2. What are your most important values?

Treat everyone as equals and do not discriminate for any reason; all people deserve the same rights. Be kind to everyone and do no harm. Be honest and open. Be accepting and open-minded; be respectful of everyone's opinions and ideas.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I believe basically in the Christian faith; I believe there is a God (although maybe not quite in the traditional sense; I kind of think that "God" and the Universe may be one entity) and that this God loves us and so sent a man named Jesus to carry the sins of mankind and die so we don't have to burn in hell forever. I was raised in a very old-fashioned Christian home, and while I don't agree with all of their beliefs by anyone's definition, I do believe the same basic story; however, my most important "commandment" is the one Jesus gave- Love God and love others. I live by that rule above anything else.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

War is sometimes necessary... I think that the wise only engage in war to defend their own, however. I think starting wars is never a positive decision.
I believe there is good and bad power. Good power comes from people trusting a person or government and believing that said person or government truly has their best interests at heart. Bad power comes from tyrannical oppression, fearmongering, and the like.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I have had long conversations about music (rock and metal, mostly, with a bit of classical and folk thrown in), art, literature, God, space (black holes, properties of stars, are we alone in the universe?, etc.), mental disorders (I have one), fate, humanitarianism, education, and politics. I'm interested in space and the science of it, poetry, politics, music, art (art lessons for 8 years and a deep appreciation for "beauty"), romance (I'm an absolutely hopeless romantic), education, philosophy, mathematics (my major), and ethics.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I'm interested in this, yes. My mother has MCS, so my life has always revolved around health. I like to eat healthy food and stay in shape, but these things are of secondary importance to the state of my heart and my mind.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Boring. I do them when I have to, but they end up going neglected more often than not.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

My absolute favorite books/plays/stories are Hamlet (Shakespeare), Les Miserables (Hugo) and The Lady With the Dog (Chekhov). I very much enjoyed the Harry Potter books and I'm a fan of anything with dystopian themes. My favorite films are Annie Hall, Fiddler on the Roof, Breakfast at Tiffany's, P.S. I Love You, Les Miserables, The Princess Bride, and all of the older Disney animated films.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I cry at the drop of a hat. Happiness, sadness, anything can make me cry. I smile a lot, too, sometimes for no reason. I've always been a very emotional person, with the exception of a couple years during my adolescence where I felt nothing at all.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Outdoors alone (I live in the country), anywhere with my best friend (she calms me even when I'm in crowds, which I hate), anywhere with my boyfriend (my other half), at rock shows with one or both of the aforementioned people (we all love rock shows), alone shopping, or alone in my house. Mostly alone. I have six close friends excluding my boyfriend around whom I'm comfortable.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Weaknesses: too easily swayed, too trusting, too forgiving, too quiet. I just dislike the fact that I always let my housework go neglected for too long.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Strengths: intelligence, artistic ability, cooking skill, listening and comforting, kindness. I like all of those things. I like that I like myself, really. This is a new development after almost two years of therapy and medication.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Housework. Also, procrastination with my college coursework is sometimes a problem, too.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I have before, but it's been a while, and I don't really remember the causes. I probably ignored it.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

Honesty, kindness, intelligence, patience, openmindedness. I don't like when people are too loud or boisterous, it grates on me. I don't like meanness or bad tempers, either. I value peace and harmony. I suppose I would say I get along with people similar to myself, most of the time.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I adore romance. Love stories real and fictional are always filling my head. I'm a hopeless romantic. I believe in soul mates. I love sex. Sex is a beautiful, wonderful expression of love. I think that the only time it really has meaning is within the context of love. I seek patience, kindness, intelligence, openmindedness, similar interests (deep discussions, rock music, video games, food, etc.); it also is wonderful if the person is in tune with his emotions and not afraid to be "cheesy" or "mushy." I eat that stuff up.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

The most important thing would be making sure the child always knows that her or she is loved no matter what and can always come to me with any concern and there will truly be no judgment. I would want my child to grow up to be kind and loving. He/she would also have the best education I could provide and be culturally well-rounded.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Inwardly, "Well, I guess that's alright, we're two different people." Outwardly, I would (if it's called for) explain my contrasting beliefs and ask them to elaborate more upon their beliefs that led them to make this claim. Having grown up around many closed-minded old fuddy-duddies, I pride myself on defeating this and being open and accepting.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Generally, my attitude is "people are awful and I hate them," just because I'm very easily irritated by ignorance and unkindness. But I would never show this; I'm kind to everyone I meet (this is not always a good thing; sometimes I just want to punch someone but I can't bring myself to do it). But as a whole, the whole world over, I'm very much a humanitarian and maybe even kind of a hippie. I believe that all people deserve equal rights and an equal chance (in an ideal society; I know we'll never get there). In my opinion, the most prevalent social problem right now is discrimination for whatever reason, be it race, age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, appearance, religion, political views... the list goes on. I think people as a whole need to be more respectful of others.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
Generally, it's whoever happens to float into my life and make an effort to be my friend. I am far too shy to ever walk up and introduce myself to someone out of the blue; I can count twice that it's happened. My close friends see me as I truly am: exuberant, opinionated, soulful, passionate, fun(?), kind, serious for the most part but lighthearted and playful when the mood strikes.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

Quiet, reserved. I generally don't speak unless spoken to, but when I do speak, I'm kind and respectful.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Possibly Fe
I cry at the drop of a hat. Happiness, sadness, anything can make me cry. I smile a lot, too, sometimes for no reason. I've always been a very emotional person, with the exception of a couple years during my adolescence where I felt nothing at all.
it also is wonderful if the person is in tune with his emotions and not afraid to be "cheesy" or "mushy." I eat that stuff up.
Fe can be quite demonstrative. Wants to SHOW how they feel through expressions, etc:. Enjoys it.

I'm getting a Ne blocked with Fi vibe
Delta Quadra - Wikisocion
Socionics - the16types.info - Four Quadra
Generally, my attitude is "people are awful and I hate them," just because I'm very easily irritated by ignorance and unkindness. But I would never show this; I'm kind to everyone I meet (this is not always a good thing; sometimes I just want to punch someone but I can't bring myself to do it). But as a whole, the whole world over, I'm very much a humanitarian and maybe even kind of a hippie. I believe that all people deserve equal rights and an equal chance (in an ideal society; I know we'll never get there). In my opinion, the most prevalent social problem right now is discrimination for whatever reason, be it race, age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, appearance, religion, political views... the list goes on. I think people as a whole need to be more respectful of others.
There is a strong push to letting everyone experience things in their own way and being careful to not stop on someone else's individuality. Most people are like that, but I guess the tone in which I am hearing it in my head sounds like Ne/Fi to me.
My close friends see me as I truly am: exuberant, opinionated, soulful, passionate, fun(?), kind, serious. I don't like when people are too loud or boisterous, it grates on me. I don't like meanness or bad tempers, either. I value peace and harmony. I suppose I would say I get along with people similar to myself, most of the time for the most part but lighthearted and playful when the mood strikes.
I'm sure most people don't like that type of person either. But this combined with the above info feels very PC to me. Like "there is a line for jokes that really shouldn't be crossed." Being Se-valuing, I don't really value peace and harmony. I prefer action and lots of energy (even if I can't always generate that myself). If peace and harmony start bringing down the energy too much (like very low key, soft, gentle), I start getting antsy.
Also the Serious part threw me off of IEI a bit...IEIs tend to prefer a loud, boisterous "anything goes" environment. Se and Fe valued, so things get expressed, get expressed very fully and if someone takes it too personally, it's like "Hey, lighten up, we're just having fun here."
Quiet, reserved. I generally don't speak unless spoken to, but when I do speak, I'm kind and respectful.
There's a lot of emphasis on being kind, respectful, unobtrusive... Consistently mentioned, so sounds highly valued.

Procrastination and neglecting of things like household chores are commonly cited as descriptions of IEI's super-ego block. Function-wise, you could be an EII and still have trouble with these things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like I'm leaning towards a Delta NF type here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts