Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were difficult for me to answer. I'm not sure I know my own answers. And I think I started rambling. Sorry :p

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I look for something that excites me. Sometimes, yes, I want success, but not all the time. When I find an art form that I get excited about, I want to create something and show people I know - but not really for traditional "success." I want people to like me ... but its not really important if they want to be my friends - I really just want people to acknowledge my strengths and accept me for who I am. I also want to have relationships with people that are close, not just acquaintances.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want to be satisfied with what I did when I die. But I'm not quite sure what will make me satisfied. It seems to be a fleeting idea that is not really attainable. I want to stay true to myself, and not let others change me. I want others to accept that about me. I want to truly understand myself and others. I want to be successful at things I attempt ... but successful means I think I did a good job and a few people agree, not that the world itself puts me on a pedestal.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to be a soccer mom. I don't want to fix my hair perfectly and have perfectly starched brand name clothes with a Louis Vuitton purse. I don't want to drive the same car as everyone else. My values are based on my religious beliefs. And being kind to anyone, no matter who they are. I feel a strong desire to rebel in more things but I don't think I could live with myself if I did.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I have a fear of being alone. But at the same time, I always feel alone. I have friends but I always feel second-best. I don't feel like anyone considers me their best friend, and this has always been an issue for me. I have a fear of finding myself boring or too conforming. I have a fear of looking unintelligent.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as a good friend. But I see myself as selfish. I want others to see me as unique. But I see myself as a poser. I want others to see me as sharp/intelligent. But I see myself as dull and slow.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
When I create something that looks like a true artist made it. When someone tells me how much I mean to them. When I am being silly with friends and everyone is having a great time. When I express an idea in brainstorming that no one else thought of and that everyone likes. I feel worst when I get jealous because others are better friends than me. :p I feel so petty typing some of this! I get jealous when I see artists who are successful because they are talented AND driven, and make such beautiful things and then I try, but fail. I feel worst when I reflect on how many mistakes I have made and how I never seem to learn from them. I feel like I have a desire but my drive is never strong enough to realize it.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger is usually moral and an emotional reaction. I rarely show anger in the company of the person who caused it. I generally only show it through venting to friends. After a couple of weeks it goes away and I forget what caused it. I feel shame internally, daily. I feel shame that I don't live up to my own expectations/standards. I feel very strongly any time I make a mistake. I also feel shame if people lavish me with compliments although inside I am soaking it up. Anxiety - hmm that's a hard one. I show some anxiety when things aren't planned very well. I don't particularly care if its according to my plans, but I want someone to be in charge that I trust to take care of things. I have anxiety over people, how they view me, why they didn't say hi to me - are they mad at me? Did they misinterpret something I did? I have anxiety that I'm going to do something embarrassing or that someone else is going to embarrass me.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress - I feel like running from the problem. Either by leaving the situation, or by drowning my thoughts in a book/video game/movie, or by sleeping to cause my brain to stop churning. Unexpected change - I usually resist it and become sullen/moody. Conflict - If its something I know I did wrong, I feel terrible, and become depressed and try to apologize. I realize this is not ideal behavior but I can't help it. If I don't think I did anything wrong I'm likely to get angry and clam up, unless I am close to the person, then I start pointing out the other person's faults.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Authority - I feel like I have my own standards of authority. I respect it, but only if its coming from a person that I respect. Like if its a cop who is nice, then ok we're cool. But if its a jerk or someone power-trippy, I feel a very strong urge to rebel against it. Power - I'm not sure. I was a Team Lead at a job once and I guess I liked it. I usually feel like others can do a better job of leading than me, but I guess I secretly wish I was an awesome leader that people naturally respected/followed. :) (However I secretly wish I was lots of things. And a leader is a more rare one for me. Most of my secret wishes involve artistic talent. I almost think I crave more of the power of a teacher than a ruler.)

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Its either sunshine and rainbows or a hurricane of woe. I think the change is based on how I currently feel about myself and whether I am disappointing myself or surprising myself and happy.

I hope that wasn't really vague and ambiguous lol. I'm an ENFP (who used to delude myself into thinking I was ENTP). I took the test here and it said I was Type 2 but I seem to relate more to Type 4. But I read someone's post that said Type 4 is the least common/likely of all types and if you think that's you its because you're trying to look cool and you should reconsider. I think there is 5 in me somewhere (that led to me wanting to be ENTP), but not dominant.

Oh, and, sorry for the lie, there's no cookies here. But I'm glad you came!!!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
These were difficult for me to answer. I'm not sure I know my own answers. And I think I started rambling. Sorry :p

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I look for something that excites me. Sometimes, yes, I want success, but not all the time. When I find an art form that I get excited about, I want to create something and show people I know - but not really for traditional "success." I want people to like me ... but its not really important if they want to be my friends - I really just want people to acknowledge my strengths and accept me for who I am. I also want to have relationships with people that are close, not just acquaintances.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want to be satisfied with what I did when I die. But I'm not quite sure what will make me satisfied. It seems to be a fleeting idea that is not really attainable. I want to stay true to myself, and not let others change me. I want others to accept that about me. I want to truly understand myself and others. I want to be successful at things I attempt ... but successful means I think I did a good job and a few people agree, not that the world itself puts me on a pedestal.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to be a soccer mom. I don't want to fix my hair perfectly and have perfectly starched brand name clothes with a Louis Vuitton purse. I don't want to drive the same car as everyone else. My values are based on my religious beliefs. And being kind to anyone, no matter who they are. I feel a strong desire to rebel in more things but I don't think I could live with myself if I did.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I have a fear of being alone. But at the same time, I always feel alone. I have friends but I always feel second-best. I don't feel like anyone considers me their best friend, and this has always been an issue for me. I have a fear of finding myself boring or too conforming. I have a fear of looking unintelligent.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as a good friend. But I see myself as selfish. I want others to see me as unique. But I see myself as a poser. I want others to see me as sharp/intelligent. But I see myself as dull and slow.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
When I create something that looks like a true artist made it. When someone tells me how much I mean to them. When I am being silly with friends and everyone is having a great time. When I express an idea in brainstorming that no one else thought of and that everyone likes. I feel worst when I get jealous because others are better friends than me. :p I feel so petty typing some of this! I get jealous when I see artists who are successful because they are talented AND driven, and make such beautiful things and then I try, but fail. I feel worst when I reflect on how many mistakes I have made and how I never seem to learn from them. I feel like I have a desire but my drive is never strong enough to realize it.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger is usually moral and an emotional reaction. I rarely show anger in the company of the person who caused it. I generally only show it through venting to friends. After a couple of weeks it goes away and I forget what caused it. I feel shame internally, daily. I feel shame that I don't live up to my own expectations/standards. I feel very strongly any time I make a mistake. I also feel shame if people lavish me with compliments although inside I am soaking it up. Anxiety - hmm that's a hard one. I show some anxiety when things aren't planned very well. I don't particularly care if its according to my plans, but I want someone to be in charge that I trust to take care of things. I have anxiety over people, how they view me, why they didn't say hi to me - are they mad at me? Did they misinterpret something I did? I have anxiety that I'm going to do something embarrassing or that someone else is going to embarrass me.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress - I feel like running from the problem. Either by leaving the situation, or by drowning my thoughts in a book/video game/movie, or by sleeping to cause my brain to stop churning. Unexpected change - I usually resist it and become sullen/moody. Conflict - If its something I know I did wrong, I feel terrible, and become depressed and try to apologize. I realize this is not ideal behavior but I can't help it. If I don't think I did anything wrong I'm likely to get angry and clam up, unless I am close to the person, then I start pointing out the other person's faults.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Authority - I feel like I have my own standards of authority. I respect it, but only if its coming from a person that I respect. Like if its a cop who is nice, then ok we're cool. But if its a jerk or someone power-trippy, I feel a very strong urge to rebel against it. Power - I'm not sure. I was a Team Lead at a job once and I guess I liked it. I usually feel like others can do a better job of leading than me, but I guess I secretly wish I was an awesome leader that people naturally respected/followed. :) (However I secretly wish I was lots of things. And a leader is a more rare one for me. Most of my secret wishes involve artistic talent. I almost think I crave more of the power of a teacher than a ruler.)

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Its either sunshine and rainbows or a hurricane of woe. I think the change is based on how I currently feel about myself and whether I am disappointing myself or surprising myself and happy.

I hope that wasn't really vague and ambiguous lol. I'm an ENFP (who used to delude myself into thinking I was ENTP). I took the test here and it said I was Type 2 but I seem to relate more to Type 4. But I read someone's post that said Type 4 is the least common/likely of all types and if you think that's you its because you're trying to look cool and you should reconsider. I think there is 5 in me somewhere (that led to me wanting to be ENTP), but not dominant.

Oh, and, sorry for the lie, there's no cookies here. But I'm glad you came!!!!

@midnightstars, I could actually guess you were thinking of type Four by yourself before you said it :) To be honest, I do not understand why would anyone want to be a Four... What is so especially tempting about that? Other types are just as cool as type Four, in my own opinion many types are a lot more fascinating than type Four. Again, to be honest, I do not think you are one. But there's no reason to be sad about it.

I wonder what do you think of tritype 369. You mentioned several Three issues, also some Two, a lot of Six and some Seven, more Nine than One or Eight. But on the other hand, one cannot really know you based on that writing, one can only tell about the impressions that writing provokes. And I think you could be tritype 369. If I had to choose, I'd say your core type could be 6w7, the parts fitting for that are bolded there... Forget the types Four and Five, you have your own types and you don't need those. Sixes are extremely cool, one of the least boring types ^_^ I guess you have self-esteem issues, at least it seems to me that you apologize yourself when there's no need to :) That would also explain why you relate to types Four and Five. Btw, I think you have sp and so subtypes, perhaps sp/so.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for replying. I wasn't trying to say I wanted to be 4 or 5 ... I'm really new to Enneagram and I've been sorting through descriptions and stuff all day, but I'm very confused. :p I was just explaining which ones seemed to match. I will look at 6 and see what it says ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts