Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused about what type I am. When I first tested, I was an INTJ. I took the test on here and it said I was an ISFP. My cousin also suspects that I might be an INTP. Help me! Ask me some questions, please. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Answer these questions for me.

When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )

Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)

Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?

Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?

When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)

When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?

Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?

Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?

Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?

(Ill ask more questions after you answer those!... maybe)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The answers to your questions. :)

Answer these questions for me.

When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )
Normally, when I work on a project, I hate the process of putting it together. But once I'm done with the project, I feel accomplished. That's when I look back and say, "Why did I make such a big deal out of putting this together?"
Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything) Nonsense from my peers annoys me. I love it when I'm random and nonsensical.

Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind? I take my time when it comes to making a decision. I'm never indecisive, however. Once I've made my decision, I stick to it.

Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time? I do remember my moods easily. Probably because I don't experience mood swings often. If someone pisses me off, you better watch out!

Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority? I'm not very rebellious but I am independent. I hate being told what to think.

When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?) I watch a film once and don't critique it. If I like it enough, I'll watch it again and notice the details that I might have missed.

When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that? I feel really stupid if I'm arguing with someone and then I see where my opponent is coming from. Then I think, "Why did I bother arguing with this person?"

Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?
I do this all the time! My cousin says she likes how I can wrap symbols back to ideas.
Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned? Criticism hurts my feelings at first, but then I move on and learn from the experience.

Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?
I would probably have to learn more about cameras to feel confident. Or anything, for that matter.
(Ill ask more questions after you answer those!)
And this is how I feel. Ask more questions, please! I"m really interested in knowing what type I am.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you prefer Ni over Ne and Se over Si. So Ni will be somewhere in your function order along with Se... but the F v. T is fuzzy for me still. Although you say you get hurt by criticism (I never get hurt by criticisms, I usually forget about it right after it happens lol)

When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?

In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?

I'm leaning towards INxJ, especially because from most ISxP's, they have told me that they always feel really comfortable just jumping in and learning something on the spot. Where as (like me) some people have a compulsion to go read and learn more about something for a while before they can just jump in. (sometimes never jumping in)

I also eliminated INTP because it seemed in the questions where I was trying to find Ne and Si you sort of misinterpreted the questions, signifying that the idea of the function didn't click right away for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm guessing you're Introverted because you've tested as one a couple of times, and you don't seem to disagree. Introversion = energy regained through time alone. Ixxx

From your answers, I also think that your main judging function is extraverted (since you're firm in your decisions). If you're introverted, then that means your auxiliary(second) function is either Te or Fe. IxxJ

Since criticism bothers you, Extraverted Feeling is probably in your functions somewhere. (caring about how others see you). You can't have more than one Extraverted Judging function, so that takes Te off the table and means your auxiliary must be Fe. That narrows it down to IxFJ.

INFJ = Introverted Intuition, Extraverted Feeling, Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Sensing
ISFJ = Introverted Sensing, Extraverted Feeling, Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Intuition

Introverted Sensing focuses on the past/traditions. Sensing in general means attention to detail. Do you pay close attention to detail? Do you feel nostalgic often? Do you place importance on tradition?

Introverted Intuition has more to do with ideas and seeing possible future outcomes. Do you find yourself just 'knowing' things but not being able to explain how you know? Do you have a lot of sudden realization/'Aha!' moments? Do you enjoy complex theories?

I'm inclined to agree with Pixelbrain that you prefer Se over Si, which would mean you're an INFJ.

Of course, I did not have much to analyze, so take all of this with a few grains of salt. I just thought it'd be fun to try to deduce your type.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
That gives strong sense of Ni to me.

As for Te and Fe - what would you say bugs you the most?
- That people seem to act in ways that are illogical and stupid. For example your roommate forgot to pay a bill or your forgot to move your car and got a ticket for it. - Te
- That people seem to be so insensitive to each other, that they may criticize others with no care for how it makes them feel. External conflicts between people which doesn't involve you will bug you a lot. - Fe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More answers. ;)

I think you prefer Ni over Ne and Se over Si. So Ni will be somewhere in your function order along with Se... but the F v. T is fuzzy for me still. Although you say you get hurt by criticism (I never get hurt by criticisms, I usually forget about it right after it happens lol)

When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this? No, I never worry about how people will interpret any action I take. Mostly because I know they won't remember it 30 years from now. :tongue:

In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable? I never help people out with work because I'm the one who's struggling. Plus I'm not very good at explaining things.
Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion? I do this all the time, but then they look at me oddly. :crazy:
I'm leaning towards INxJ, especially because from most ISxP's, they have told me that they always feel really comfortable just jumping in and learning something on the spot. Where as (like me) some people have a compulsion to go read and learn more about something for a while before they can just jump in. (sometimes never jumping in)

I also eliminated INTP because it seemed in the questions where I was trying to find Ne and Si you sort of misinterpreted the questions, signifying that the idea of the function didn't click right away for you.
Here are more answers to your questions. I hope this will help me interpret my type.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing you're Introverted because you've tested as one a couple of times, and you don't seem to disagree. Introversion = energy regained through time alone. Ixxx
I have to spend time alone or else I'll go insane. Even my most Extroverted friends understand that. They probably think I'm weird for needing time alone, but it's not their life.
From your answers, I also think that your main judging function is extraverted (since you're firm in your decisions). If you're introverted, then that means your auxiliary(second) function is either Te or Fe. IxxJ

Since criticism bothers you, Extraverted Feeling is probably in your functions somewhere. (caring about how others see you). You can't have more than one Extraverted Judging function, so that takes Te off the table and means your auxiliary must be Fe. That narrows it down to IxFJ.

INFJ = Introverted Intuition, Extraverted Feeling, Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Sensing
ISFJ = Introverted Sensing, Extraverted Feeling, Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Intuition

Introverted Sensing focuses on the past/traditions. Sensing in general means attention to detail. Do you pay close attention to detail? Do you feel nostalgic often? Do you place importance on tradition?
I don't really pay close attention to detail. I am more of a big picture person, and I worry about the details later. I only feel nostalgic occasionally and that's only to remember happier times so I can calm down and stop stressing. Tradition frustrates me because if I'm too busy for it, I can't shrug it off and carry on.
Introverted Intuition has more to do with ideas and seeing possible future outcomes. Do you find yourself just 'knowing' things but not being able to explain how you know? Do you have a lot of sudden realization/'Aha!' moments? Do you enjoy complex theories? I rarely, if ever, find myself just knowing things. Then again, I tend to doubt myself a lot. 'Aha!" moments for me are also rare. I enjoy complex theories.

I'm inclined to agree with Pixelbrain that you prefer Se over Si, which would mean you're an INFJ.

Of course, I did not have much to analyze, so take all of this with a few grains of salt. I just thought it'd be fun to try to deduce your type.
Here you go. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here you go. :)
Hmmm... well, now it seems like you're more INTJ. I would explain the fact that you don't relate to the "knowing" part of the Ni description because the description is a little bad. Many people have said that a person with Ni in their lower function order will experience Ni in the mysterious way described, but that for a Ni dominant, the function is under control and wont seem so bizarre when its being used.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That gives strong sense of Ni to me.

As for Te and Fe - what would you say bugs you the most?
- That people seem to act in ways that are illogical and stupid. For example your roommate forgot to pay a bill or your forgot to move your car and got a ticket for it. - Te Stupid people bug me to death!
- That people seem to be so insensitive to each other, that they may criticize others with no care for how it makes them feel. External conflicts between people which doesn't involve you will bug you a lot. - Fe
This only bugs me a little. If you word things right, criticism doesn't hurt my feelings.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
This only bugs me a little. If you word things right, criticism doesn't hurt my feelings.
Not criticism towards you but say people are fighting with each other, like your roommates, and throwing criticisms at each other or insults. Normally people who have dominant or auxiliary Fe cannot stand conflict like that and feel prompted to intervene or will feel bad to the point of leaving. It makes them feel bad that people who are close to them somehow are fighting.

I for example get bugged when ENFP who is living with me has one of those anger outbreaks, though they aren't directed at me. She is typically talking on the phone to somebody and I can barely hear her. It doesn't concern me at all, yet I still get a bad feeling about it. Because it is presence of conflict between people somewhere in vicinity of me and my Fe reacts to it.

Te doesn't. Te reacts to people doing illogical things with respect to their environment and so people with dominant or auxiliary Te thus can come to judge others to be too stupid and illogical and get very upset with themselves if they commit an 'illogical' according to their Te act.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yes, it does! Now I'm remembering the time when my friends fought and I wanted to be in the middle of the argument which had nothing to do with me, but I didn't at the same time since I hate fighs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm...that was my result when I first took the test. My dad was telling me that the first result is often the purest. I disagree, however, since if you understand the questions more, you won't give a vague answer which can screw up the results.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
So does anyone know for sure what my type is? Am I an INTJ, and if I am, what functions do I have?
goes over functions as well:
INTJ Profile
Portrait of an INTJ

It sounds like you have Ni somewhere in your ladder. That you don't like nonsense from your peers but enjoy occasional outbursts of it from yourself, that you work well with symbols, that stupid people annoy you, that you may rant about how things could have been done better, that you need to read about something before using it, kinds of points towards INTJ. Nobody can tell you if you are one for sure. I'd recommend studying cognitive functions for yourself to figure that one out: http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Function_Attitude

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Here's another different opinion, lol - I get an INFP vibe from you.

Functions for some types are:

INTJ - Ni Te Fi Se
ISFP - Fi Se Ni Te
INTP - Ti Ne Si Fe
INFP - Fi Ne Si Te

There are some descriptions of functions here: MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
Which ones do you like best?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Can you also just give us a free style essay on just how your life goes? - how does your average day go in general, what things do you value the most, what things regularly bug you, what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others, how do you evaluate people in general, how do you arrive at your decisions, what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality? Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know? What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts