Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help me find my type (INFJ or INFP)

Hi! Thanks for stopping by :happy: Can you help me figure out my type?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I was almost certain I was an INFJ but I still don't know if I judge or perceive
I just took a test and the result is INTJ Thinking 54.84% This is only confusing me more.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn recognition and perfection. I want the world to accept me for who I am. I believe I have a very different view of the world. I take a lot of possibilities and refuse to accept stray facts without connections just for the sake of it. I always want to get to the bottom of everything and it comes naturally to me. I also easily accept people and see through their flaws. All I want is someone to do the same for me. People don't understand my intentions and I wish they did. It's right and perfect in my mind but when it comes out of my mouth, it suddenly becomes nothing but a mixture of words. I also wish to make the world a perfect place (but that is impossible and I know that).

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I am known for the different things I dig up from books or the internet. I am good at teaching them and making others understand it. Things I introduce are often a huge thing in my classroom and some people even become experts at them and I'll be encouraging them. It makes me happy. But I'll keep moving on. I rarely do the same thing for a long time. The only hobby I've stuck with a long time is writing. I just keep moving on in search of something 'perfect' for me. Writing was the thing. (Right now my hobby is looking up geeky new inventions and getting to know how they work. I don't know how long this will go on though)

4) What makes you feel inferior?

If a person who I dislike or dislikes me is given authority over me, I'll feel inferior and will be furious disagreeing with almost everything they say. Asking for favour will also make me feel obliged.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

It depends on the situation and the decision. I use both. I won't want to hurt them so I will politely say my opinion. If they appear to make it a conflict, I will silence myself. But when it's something very important, I will talk back.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I wish to be the best at it. I want to surprise everyone with a unique product. I really work on the uniqueness. This makes people call me innovative and creative. My ideas are pretty good but the way I execute them often is not perfect and I sometimes get too frustrated at imperfection. I wish to have COMPLETE control over the outcome. And it should be controlled by ME unless it is a group project. (I am often the leader of group projects and my team members have a hard time dealing with me, but I can't help it. Even if I am not the leader, I have a thing for bringing things my way. If they don't go my way, I'll start boycotting or criticizing every part of their idea. I hate myself for this, but their ideas are often too usual and boring). There are times I've stayed at home or cried in desperation because my result wasn't 'unique enough'. My mom calls me stubborn, but I like it my own way and I really give everything a chance.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Well, I don't really remember anything much. I had a lot of fun once going out with my best friend to an empty coffee shop. I liked the emptiness and the intimacy we were able to achieve. I also enjoy writing. It's like my entire lifeexists for my characters. I enjoy seeing the world through their eyes.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I am awful at memorizing. I often take in the meaning, try to apply it to something abstract. It could be something in everyday life or something completely implausible. I also like subjects where creativity is required. I easily remember general ideas than their details. I have to keep reminding myself of the details.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Very organized. If I have to do something unorganized, I'll get anxious. I plan everything in my mind clearly. I want everything to be perfectly arranged. Messy desks could give me a heart attack.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I check the general principle and check if it's possible. I check if it makes sense. I just don't want to know a fact without any connections. This is hard to explain. I often look for something that feels 'whole'. After I make sure this works, if necessary, I check the information that supports it. I check if it is practical and if there is a way in which it can be executed.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I make sure everyone is doing fine. I often find a way to twist both what I believe and what others want together into one and so I'll be able to keep peace within myself and with others. If there is a conflict between two other people in the group, I might side with one person after judging who is right. If someone in my group is troubled by someone outside our group, I will stand up for them and will protect them (again, only if they are right. If not, I'll point that out.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before I speak and I prefer one-on-one communication with people I like and am comfortable with.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to think about what I am going to do. I will check the consequences and see if I can handle them. I also check if I will affect others negatively. Action speaks more than words, of course. But it is also important to see what others feel and say certain things accordingly.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

If I really like them I'll be glad to hang out with them. I will just record the show and watch it later. If I am not close with them, I'll just bring up a convincing lie.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I normally don't show anything. I freak out only on the inside and outside I look calm and cool. However, when I am doing something onstage I am afraid of embarrassment and some people notice it in the way I act. I act very nervous and could get clumsy.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike judgmental people. They often restrict their views and refuse to see what I can see. I also don't really love the people who don't want to create their life and go by whatever they are told without asking 'why?'.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like to know their future plans and if they are very close to me, I'll see if we can merge our futures and bring benefit to both of us. I also like planning the best goal for them. I don't insist they follow it but I just like to see how far we can go. Besides that, I like talking about my hobbies to them. I know when they are bored, so I stop at the right time and ask more about themselves.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I can't think of anything right now. But I make sure my life is meaningful and I wish to do something for this world before I leave.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They perceive me as helpful, stubborn, self-righteous, sensitive and creative. (I got into a fight with them lately. That might influence this) What they fail to see is that my principles are carefully created and my internal rules are carefully carved to serve the right purpose. They also don't see that I hate gossiping and judging others. They also perceive me as someone normal (yes, I know that this sounds weird but this is what I often feel like. I am very different when compared to everyone but that doesn't mean in any way that I am better than them.)

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I will sit back and write for sometime. Then I'll try my various other hobbies. Or I might just settle with reading about inventions, history and strange things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am just going through it. I think I am an INFJ. I am also looking through INFP traits and they don't suit me at all. I'm too sensitive to be an INTJ.

Besides I think I use Fe and Ti. I'm still going through articles.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Hey! By reading through your description, I'd say if I had to guess, your functions would be (not in the correct order) Ni, Se, Fi, and Te. My confidence in the Fi-Te pair is a lot stronger than the Ni-Se one, but the 'gut feeling' vibe mixed with being orderly makes me lean that way.

Your Fi seems really strong, and I would have guessed you introverted, so that lines up with I*FP. Your Ni-Se combo, though, means that I'd have guessed you as ISFP, not INFP. Remember the ISFP's have introverted intuition too, as their third function!

In any case, if you're stuck between going with INFJ or INFP, I'd definitely say INFP.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I highly doubt OP is INFP.

@CallMeEmi I've got a good idea of what your type is and what your answer will be to my following question, but would you mind saying which of the following paragraphs most and least describes you anyway?

a) The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They get things going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

b) The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this type focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

c) The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this type focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

d) The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this type are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey! By reading through your description, I'd say if I had to guess, your functions would be (not in the correct order) Ni, Se, Fi, and Te. My confidence in the Fi-Te pair is a lot hu than the Ni-Se one, but the 'gut feeling' vibe mixed with being orderly makes me lean that way.

Your Fi seems really strong, and I would have guessed you introverted, so that lines up with I*FP. Your Ni-Se combo, though, means that I'd have guessed you as ISFP, not INFP. Remember the ISFP's have introverted intuition too, as their third function!

In any case, if you're stuck between going with INFJ or INFP, I'd definitely say INFP.
I don't think I use Fi because I always think what others feel like in a situation. what I do about it is a different thing. I put others in front of me a lot of time in my thought process Because I can almost feel what they feel. It is my mistake for not mentioning it. I am sorry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I highly doubt OP is INFP.

@CallMeEmi I've got a good idea of what your type is and what your answer will be to my following question, but would you mind saying which of the following paragraphs most and least describes you anyway?

a) The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They get things going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

b) The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this type focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

c) The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this type focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

d) The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this type are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.
Paragraph a is most appealing. D is least appealing because decisions should not just be concerned on keeping others on task. Everything feels hurried.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And what about b and c?
c describes me more. I like to think of a perfect plan and staying with it throughout the process. This might neglect better opportunities but is safe and the outcome can be predicted. I find b unlike me since it is result oriented. I believe there is more than just the result to be achieved. Besides, I am very passionate and often show it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
c describes me more. I like to think of a perfect plan and staying with it throughout the process. This might neglect better opportunities but is safe and the outcome can be predicted. I find b unlike me since it is result oriented. I believe there is more than just the result to be achieved. Besides, I am very passionate and often show it.
And out of a and c?

·
Registered
187 Posts
A, certainly.
Now I am very intrigued because that is quite the shocker. I'm surprised that you related to A the most and D the least because your OP certainly implied otherwise :laughing:

Call me crazy but I'm thinking you're ESFJ 3w4. Answers 3) and 6) strongly hint at enneagram type 3.

Please tell me your thoughts on this video.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
INFJ seems very likely, you're too organized and planning to be a P. You seem to be very much in tough with Fe, you respect others' values and take them into account when making decisions. In my experience INFJs also have well developed logic, so it's not surprising you might type as INTJ sometimes. Also, the whole concept of keeping the inner harmony is something very INFJ.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Dear,

You are an INFP. In one book this is the pseudo name of INFP - Lyric. You are stubborn. My friend is INFP and he is extremely stubborn and can be so pushy it's unbelievable. As you wouldn't expect it.

INTJ's are concerned with facts, details not with Creative work in a sense INFP is. Difference between you both is that you are Ethical Introvert concerned with relationships, people, creative work... INTJ is Logical Introvert concerned with data, facts, details..

The only thing is that your writing is so perfect. And you have the perfectionism of an INTJ. And some traits of INTJ, but as you wrote you are on the border. 54% .... I think you have had some educational influence.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts