Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. I usually tend to score ENTJ or INTJ on MBTI tests (I identify more with ENTJ, I think), but the close E/I result, as well as an abnormally high Ne score on cognitive functions tests, make me wonder if I'm any of those two types, or something else entirely. I'm also interested in my Enneagram (I think I'm 5w6 so/sp) and Socionics (really not sure).

So, let's begin:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'll assume ENTJ as "my type". I am quite insecure (though that is mostly because of my severe stutter) and can be a lazy, demotivated bum, both of which are uncharacteristic to ENTJs.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I believe that your life is wasted if you don't attempt to make at least some positive impact on the world around you. Therefore I strive to get to a position where I could accomplish something ike that. Also, accumulation of knowledge, experience and wisdom.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I really can't remember. Generally, I remember all sorts of personal experiences, but in a strictly cold and detached way. I don't associate them with emotions, with the only exception to that rule being a sense of embarrasment at some of my actions.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

A lack of respect from people around me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Long-term benefits for the greatest number of people and compatibility with my own principles. I try being as considerate to others' feelings as I can, though I can't always accomplish that.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like being in full control of every aspect of a project, which tends to annoy people I work with. That is why I prefer working alone.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

See 3).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I have trouble remembering facts by themselves - I can only remember them if I have something to associate them with. I think of my memory as a spiderweb - constantly being expanded, but still staying coherent and united; any pieces that can't weave themselves fall off and are forgotten. I believe that it is called "conceptual memory".

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I dislike any external schedules since I find them too inflexible. Instead, I've got a schedule in my own head at all times, which I can easily change or amend if necessary and still have everything under control at all times. I think that I'm fairly organized. I am also greatly annoyed by chaotic, dirty surroundings and enjoy putting things in order, but am not a neat freak.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The former comes naturally. I look for the latter afterwards, if at all, which I know isn't very wise.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The latter, though I always make sure that my own emotional interests don't violate the interests of others. If somebody doesn't feel good or has a problem of any kind, I expect them to be open about it. I'm not a mind-reader.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually think before speaking. Generally, I prefer group discussions, though I don't like it if the group is overly large, since then you can't really focus on individuals.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to have all the information I can get before acting. I think that actions do speak more than words, but think that it should be judged only in the aftermath.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go out with my friends, definitely. If I really care abou the show and the synopsis for the episode seems interesting, I'll watch a rerun or just pirate it like all smart people do.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Depends. If I'm stressed with people, sometimes I withdraw and smile at everyone while brutally torturing them in my own mind, sometimes I just shout a lot, and in the most drastic of cases I turn into a snivelling mess.. If I'm stressed with a specific or general situation, I tend to get demotivated and pessimistic.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Derisiveness, irrationality, shallowness. I dislike both blind followers and rebels without a cause. I tend to be disgusted by hedonists and people living a chaotic, aimless life.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like discussing abstract and general topics.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don't really know. I prefer to keep everything that I can under control.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Again, I don't know. I'm bad at introspection, and prefer people to be open with me. I have no clue about their exact thoughts, but they like having me around as some sort of an encyclopedia or an advice machine.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Whatever floats my boat at the moment. That may include the internet, gaming, reading, just laying down and thinking, physical exercise, taking a stroll outside or hanging out with friends.

Oh, and since Socionics uses visual identification, here is a picture, even though I am sceptical of such methods: i.imgur.com/oFHxSl.jpg (I'm new so I can't post links - just c/p it to your address bar).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Please?

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Hello there. I usually tend to score ENTJ or INTJ on MBTI tests (I identify more with ENTJ, I think), but the close E/I result, as well as an abnormally high Ne score on cognitive functions tests, make me wonder if I'm any of those two types, or something else entirely. I'm also interested in my Enneagram (I think I'm 5w6 so/sp) and Socionics (really not sure).

So, let's begin:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'll assume ENTJ as "my type". I am quite insecure (though that is mostly because of my severe stutter) and can be a lazy, demotivated bum, both of which are uncharacteristic to ENTJs.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I believe that your life is wasted if you don't attempt to make at least some positive impact on the world around you. Therefore I strive to get to a position where I could accomplish something ike that. Also, accumulation of knowledge, experience and wisdom.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I really can't remember. Generally, I remember all sorts of personal experiences, but in a strictly cold and detached way. I don't associate them with emotions, with the only exception to that rule being a sense of embarrasment at some of my actions.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

A lack of respect from people around me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Long-term benefits for the greatest number of people and compatibility with my own principles. I try being as considerate to others' feelings as I can, though I can't always accomplish that.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like being in full control of every aspect of a project, which tends to annoy people I work with. That is why I prefer working alone.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

See 3).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I have trouble remembering facts by themselves - I can only remember them if I have something to associate them with. I think of my memory as a spiderweb - constantly being expanded, but still staying coherent and united; any pieces that can't weave themselves fall off and are forgotten. I believe that it is called "conceptual memory".

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I dislike any external schedules since I find them too inflexible. Instead, I've got a schedule in my own head at all times, which I can easily change or amend if necessary and still have everything under control at all times. I think that I'm fairly organized. I am also greatly annoyed by chaotic, dirty surroundings and enjoy putting things in order, but am not a neat freak.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The former comes naturally. I look for the latter afterwards, if at all, which I know isn't very wise.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The latter, though I always make sure that my own emotional interests don't violate the interests of others. If somebody doesn't feel good or has a problem of any kind, I expect them to be open about it. I'm not a mind-reader.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually think before speaking. Generally, I prefer group discussions, though I don't like it if the group is overly large, since then you can't really focus on individuals.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to have all the information I can get before acting. I think that actions do speak more than words, but think that it should be judged only in the aftermath.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go out with my friends, definitely. If I really care abou the show and the synopsis for the episode seems interesting, I'll watch a rerun or just pirate it like all smart people do.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Depends. If I'm stressed with people, sometimes I withdraw and smile at everyone while brutally torturing them in my own mind, sometimes I just shout a lot, and in the most drastic of cases I turn into a snivelling mess.. If I'm stressed with a specific or general situation, I tend to get demotivated and pessimistic.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Derisiveness, irrationality, shallowness. I dislike both blind followers and rebels without a cause. I tend to be disgusted by hedonists and people living a chaotic, aimless life.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like discussing abstract and general topics.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don't really know. I prefer to keep everything that I can under control.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Again, I don't know. I'm bad at introspection, and prefer people to be open with me. I have no clue about their exact thoughts, but they like having me around as some sort of an encyclopedia or an advice machine.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Whatever floats my boat at the moment. That may include the internet, gaming, reading, just laying down and thinking, physical exercise, taking a stroll outside or hanging out with friends.

Oh, and since Socionics uses visual identification, here is a picture, even though I am sceptical of such methods: i.imgur.com/oFHxSl.jpg (I'm new so I can't post links - just c/p it to your address bar).
I'm leaning towards INTJ but I can definitely see why you're conflicted. Perhaps try looking that these?

INTJ

ENTJ

ENTJs main function is Fe, which is when you think out loud.
INTJ is Ni, which is when you draw connections between ideas/theories/etc...

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would say ENTJ. ENTJs are Te-dominants who repress Fi and INTJs are Ni dominants who repress Se. You seem more like the former. Also...

It's possible, but I really would never expect the bolded to come out of an Ni-dominants mouth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ENTJs main function is Fe, which is when you think out loud.
INTJ is Ni, which is when you draw connections between ideas/theories/etc...
I think that I have an idea what my "thinking mode", when trying to concetrate and figure something out, looks like.

It begins with simple deductive logic, step by step. I often have a tendency to hum my thoughts out loud while doing so. If it doesn't go well and I get lost or find myself unable to find a conclusion, I just let my thoughts go all chaotic, eventually getting a seemingly random insight, check if it fits the context and/or makes any sense, and finally come to a conclusion.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
I think that I have an idea what my "thinking mode", when trying to concetrate and figure something out, looks like.

It begins with simple deductive logic, step by step. I often have a tendency to hum my thoughts out loud while doing so. If it doesn't go well and I get lost or find myself unable to find a conclusion, I just let my thoughts go all chaotic, eventually getting a seemingly random insight, check if it fits the context and/or makes any sense, and finally come to a conclusion.
I can't determine much from that. Here's another resource. This video should help explain it better. I hope. :)

INTJ vs ENTJ - YouTube

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That helped. All in all, I think that ENTJ fits better, as I have always felt distaste towards the overly abstract, intangible and fruitless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts