Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their confidence in their ideas and the general public accepting those claims make me feel like ENTP's know everything about people. It's like having a lightbulb shine in your face all the time. It's really overwhelming!

They way they jump from idea to idea also forces your mind to stretch and that makes me feel really stupid in comparison.

Also, I feel like ENTP's joke around a lot to see other peoples' reactions and freak a lot of people out as a result. I hope that won't happen in this thread but it probably will since I just set that limitation. Either way, my addressing it acts more like a defense mechanism.

1,239 Posts
ENTPs like people most of all the NT's in my experience, but they don't realise that most people are sensitive and not as 'full on' as they are. They seem pretty future oriented in that they look at the big picture a lot, so to them being mean or over the top for a second doesn't matter if it accomplishes a bigger goal. You should try to view things from their perspective, that little things don't really matter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ENTPs like people most of all the NT's in my experience, but they don't realise that most people are sensitive and not as 'full on' as they are. They seem pretty future oriented in that they look at the big picture a lot, so to them being mean or over the top for a second doesn't matter if it accomplishes a bigger goal. You should try to view things from their perspective, that little things don't really matter.
Cool! So I'm just freaking myself out.......Everyone's human!!

Animated cartoon Animation Cartoon Hand Puppet

Everything will be okay!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Like two years ago there were some people who were scared of me and it wasn't pleasant, I've always thought that I'm like the least intimidating person in the world.

But I also think that you should just familiarize yourself with our perspective: since you're an INTP, your way of thinking is probably quite similar once you give it a try:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can't say I've heard this one before.

I'll cosign on the "everybody's human" bit and add that even though some ENTPs may seem intimidating you can rest assured that they also have anxieties that they may try to hide with some of the above behaviors.

Also:

Their confidence in their ideas and the general public accepting those claims make me feel like ENTP's know everything about people.
These aren't inherent things. What you perceive as confidence can just as easily be detached flippancy ("let's see what happens if"). The rest are all learned things that come with their own share of awkward moments and adapted failures.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh, dear... I fear them too. They are so random and dangerous. They are like Joker (Well... Joker is an ENTP, so...)

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think ENTPs and INTPs are pretty similar, except that ENTPs display most of the things they know and INTPs don't share much of what they know unless specifically asked for it. Some ENTPs can be really sweet, so you really shouldn't be scared. We don't bite! :tongue: much.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Which one of our brethren damaged you? *evil laugh*!

Yes we are a pretty amazing bunch but we have our weaknesses (points to INFJ's). A lot of the wit really doesn't come from us. Perhaps others can chime in, but I say hilarious shit all the time but it doesn't seem like it comes from me. It sort of flows through me. Ideas are the same way. I can think of something without thinking about it. It's an awkward scene me staring off into space with my eyes darting back and forth between hemispheres. I've learned to control the drooling as I don't like doing laundry more than once a week.

On a serious note, my major weakness is actually completing a project. I know that is stereotypical of ENTP's but it's so true. I have to force myself to complete projects and monetize the results. Ideas are so much fun while implementation of said ideas equate to getting a haircut from a blind man with advanced stage parkinsons. - This was an example. I didn't think of it, it came to me regardless of how inappropriate it may be. That brings me to another weakness... the filter!

I have no filter. It's a massive weakness especially around feeler types. The lack of filter seems to come from a disconnect we have regarding what's politically correct. I can't tell you how many times I laugh at things that come out only to grab my mouth seconds afterwards realizing how wrong it was for me to say. I simply have no interest in following the status quo; that being said, I still value friendships. There needs to be a line and I seem to always cross it.

ENTP's tell me I'm not rare here.

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
Oh hey. It's a bit relieving to see that someone else has an irrational fear of a personality type.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You know what? I'm an INTP and I'm scared of ENTPs too. Run away!

I think it's our inferior Fe that's playing tricks on us again, it's cause we're actually sensitive (no matter how much we try not to show it.) and ENTPs like to argue/debate with people so we're scared that we may be their next victim. And we're afraid of not being able to competently shoot down their ideas fast enough because Ti takes a while to think. And we're afraid of them launching personal verbal attacks on us cause we're just that damn sensitive!

ENTPs, please care for your fellow INTP brethren.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
This is exactly how I see ENTPs. They just want to mess around with everything to see what happens. ENTJs are the ones that intimidate me to be completely honest.

ENTPs are like kittens. They might seem tough, but if you growl at them they'll roll over. :) Most of them are sweethearts, ime. I have two ENTP friends, they're lovely human beings. I'm the terrifying one of the three of us

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
1st, yes it is quite irrational :D So I ll combat fire with fire :D

INTPs are so cool, I want more of them!

ENTPs can't possibly want to harm an INTP, you guys are too magnificent! You are perfect people to bounce our ideas on, and we need more of that! (Wanna discuss manipulation theories?).

Whatever that is that scares you, remember that we do it mostly for the lulz!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Their confidence in their ideas and the general public accepting those claims make me feel like ENTP's know everything about people. It's like having a lightbulb shine in your face all the time. It's really overwhelming!

They way they jump from idea to idea also forces your mind to stretch and that makes me feel really stupid in comparison.

Also, I feel like ENTP's joke around a lot to see other peoples' reactions and freak a lot of people out as a result. I hope that won't happen in this thread but it probably will since I just set that limitation. Either way, my addressing it acts more like a defense mechanism.
Just remember they are human too - and we all make mistakes.

Don't jump to conclusions too fast and discriminate.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts