Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm 19, I quarrel daily with my parents and there is just no way I can cope with their rules and regulations. It's just too much for me. I work 2 jobs and go to school on the side, are there any tips y'all could give me? Any help would definitely be appreciated such as plan a budget for a month etc etc.

By the way, I don't have to worry about rent that much since I'm moving in with my aunt who is totally willing to have me so I might pay a very small amount of rent.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Create a budget. Make sure you budget spending money. Keep money for bills separate from spending money. Make sure everything gets paid.

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
When you budget you need to think of yourself as another bill and plan accordingly. Set aside money for whatever you like (food, drink, going out, etc...)

If you run out of money for your recreation, then it's over until you get paid again.

Remember to set up a savings account for times when you need fast cash.

A month is not 4 weeks... it's 4.33 weeks. It makes a difference.

Get a line of credit and start using it, making sure you make your monthly payments. Go to a local bank and find out how much they will give you on a signature loan. You might need to bank shop if you haven't established credit yet. Take out whatever they are willing to loan and make sure you pay them back. I'd suggest setting up a savings account and using it to pay your monthly payment automatically so you are always on time.

If you are attending a college, look for Grant money (usually don't need to pay back) and complete your FAFSA: Federal Pell Grant Program

Hope it helps.

-ZDD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.